| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: PCOS!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:09 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Just feeling mopey about PCOS today. I hate that I'm spotting but have no clue if it is actually my period or what. And having more friends get pregnant super quickly/easily (at least from what they say) isn't helping. Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:32 pm 
Semen Strong

Apparently there is a link between PCOS and anxiety and depression. http://www.refinery29.com/2015/11/96795 ... sion-study

Makes sense to me.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Sooo I had a transvaginal ultrasound the other week and the doc says I have multiple ovary cysts and he thinks I have PCOS..

Was fully expecting the ultrasound to be clear (My tests always are) so yeah a bit shocked there. Have to make an appointment to discuss what next. I can't take most contraceptive pills because of migraines and stomach reactions (sickness) soo I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:36 am 
WRETCHED

Have you ever tried different versions of BC? Usually, switching to one brings me nausea and I had horrible emotional reactions to some but it took a lot of trial and error to find the right one.

Other than that, exercise is one of the best way to control it along with a lower glycemic diet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:48 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've been on probably 5+ different types of BC pill, and all seem to have similar results - I've been trying them since I was 14 and always give at least 3 months to "settle in" before I switch. But I'll see what the doctor says.

I definitely need to exercise more...I get into a routine and then have a bad few days pain wise and don't exercise, and then find it hard to start up again. I've gained about 5kg in the last year from eating mainly high gi, carby food, which has brought me almost out of the underweight zone so I worry that cutting that out would negatively affect my weight :/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:12 am 
WRETCHED

You could try increasing fats but you can certainly maintain calories while modifying GI of the foods you eat. But everyone is different and I'd definitely see what the doc has to say.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 am 
BAD PASS

I'm super down in the dumps today about my PCOS. I just turned 37 and I've made some possibly silly fitness/body goals that I want to reach by the time I'm 40 and today I'm just...bleh.

I started hitting the gym pretty hard with my coworker. She was never one to exercise, and she hasn't changed her diet much, but she's suddenly lost 25 pounds with minimal effort. I joined Weight Watchers and have been following it to a T, and weighed this morning and I'd gained a pound.

After the initial 10-ish pounds or so I lost since going on Metformin, I haven't lost any more, and I can't seem to lose more, no matter what I do. I'm just having one of those "why me" days where I want to yell "it's just not fair!" and run to my room and slam the door.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:08 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hollie wrote:
I'm super down in the dumps today about my PCOS. I just turned 37 and I've made some possibly silly fitness/body goals that I want to reach by the time I'm 40 and today I'm just...bleh.

I started hitting the gym pretty hard with my coworker. She was never one to exercise, and she hasn't changed her diet much, but she's suddenly lost 25 pounds with minimal effort. I joined Weight Watchers and have been following it to a T, and weighed this morning and I'd gained a pound.

After the initial 10-ish pounds or so I lost since going on Metformin, I haven't lost any more, and I can't seem to lose more, no matter what I do. I'm just having one of those "why me" days where I want to yell "it's just not fair!" and run to my room and slam the door.

Sorry you're dealing with that, Hollie. It sucks a lot. I'm trying to reduce my PCOS symptoms, which of course includes limiting my refined flours and sugars, which is all I want when I feel like crepe. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:56 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm feeling you. I feel like I'm doing a lot better with no progress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6