| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

AlwaysHungry wrote:

Also, sex whilst using a DivaCup sounds awful.

Yeah...I'm not even sure how this would work. My cup takes up most of the space inside my vagina, where would I put a penis?

I think I'm finally going to have to get the larger size. I turned 30 last year and I really thought that my vagina growing or whatever was a myth, but it's been super leaky the past few months. Mehhhhhh.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:26 am 
Nailed to the V

Went to the pool with my kid today - no problems! This would have been impossible for me before the cup - whenever I tried to go swimming with a tampon it would fill up with water and then start leaking pink fluid. I don't even know if my period has started properly yet (or is still just spotting), because I just put the cup in in the morning and forget about it all day long.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:41 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I switched to a DivaCup in February, and I could not love it more. There was zero learning curve and I haven't had a single leak or issue with it since the first time I put it in. My last period had super wonky timing and caught me off guard, so I had to use the emergency pad I had in my purse until I got home from work - it felt so gross and awful and I can't believe I willingly used those things for years. I love you, DivaCup, never leave me.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:33 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I'm jealous of you folks who consider the DivaCup an alternative to a pad. For me, the DivaCup is an accompaniment to a pad (usually an overnight pad) for at least the first three days of my period. Only in the last few days do I dare wear the cup alone.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:44 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm going to be travelling where the water is probably not safe for me to drink (Guatemala)... do you think I'm okay rinsing my cup with not-drinkable water or should I rinse it with bottled water? I'm tempted to err on the side of bottled, but I usually take care of it in the shower (I can get away with once a day emptying) so that will make me adjust my routine a bit.

I'll have to have a bottle of water in the washroom with me for teethbrushing anyway, so I don't think the family I'm staying with will think much of it.

ETA: I'm pretty sure the locals drink the local water.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:04 pm 

My thought would be that you'd be fine using tap water to clean out your cup. I always assume that warnings to not drink water in certain areas has to do with whether you're gut is acclimated to the local microbes. If the water isn't entering your digestive system, I would guess you'd be fine to use it.

I don't know for sure though, so maybe someone with more experience with non-drinkable water has a different thought.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:17 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

You'll be fine washing your cup with local tap water - unless you're also planning on washing and showering in bottled water too!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:23 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

lepelaar, that's what I figured. I can't remember what I did last time I travelled to a non-drinkable water place... maybe I missed having my period during that trip? In general I'm not super careful about food/water when I travel. I've been pretty sick from it once, but given how much I travel that's not too bad and I'm not sure what caused it.

The Diva Cup site says to use drinkable water. It won't take that much water, so maybe I'll just do that to be safe. I don't have insurance and don't need to come back with some weird microbe or something growing on my cervix.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:48 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

allularpunk wrote:
AlwaysHungry wrote:

Also, sex whilst using a DivaCup sounds awful.

Yeah...I'm not even sure how this would work. My cup takes up most of the space inside my vagina, where would I put a penis?

It is weird and gross and requires some pretty intense digging afterward to retrieve it. Heard it, uh, from a friend. A very drunk friend. Who learned her lesson.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:24 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I just ordered my mooncup uk. I so hope it fits and its awesome, cause I've wanted a menstural cup for a long time, but was was worried about using it with an iud. I've had my iud for 3 years now and am feeling more comfortable with it, and their website said it was safe, so I'm going to give it a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:18 pm 
Tofu Pup

This my take on my DivaCup... "I <3 it." All of the girls at the shop I work at are all synced up (which blows) and I thankfully am the only one who does not have to spend 10 minutes in the bathroom doing only-the-gods-know-what during that special time of the month. It also works for me since I use the men's room quite frequently when the women's is being used.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Help! How do you know when you have to change up to the next size due to age? I'm sure 30 is just an estimate. I think I need a bigger size so I just ordered a MeLuna XL and now I'm worried that it might be too big.
I'm 29, very short, very overweight, no births, and I have a SUPER heavy flow (no, seriously. Big clots, gushing, periods that last about a month or more). I currently have a size 1 diva cup and it is leaking all the time. I know the heavy overflowing is to blame for a lot of the leaking, but it's really annoying. I have to use a back up pad all the time. And it almost always ends up soaked. In a fit of desperation, I googled which cup had the biggest capacity and it was the MeLuna XL with a capacity of 42 ml. A lot of size guides around the web said you can go bigger if you're 30+, have a heavy flow, body size, etc. So I thought I might be okay with an XL and then I saw the MeLuna website where they stress that the XL is used pretty much exclusively by those who have given birth. So now I'm worried that it's too big. Should I ask them to change it to L instead?

Their website has little examples of the types of women who use each size and for the XL, they do have one person listed who hasn't had a vaginal delivery: "Tracy: 46 years old, 169 cm tall, severely overweight, lack of exercise, no vaginal deliveries, heavy flow". I'm younger and shorter, but otherwise it's the same. But the L examples has this one: "Erin: 28 years old, 173 cm tall, medium build, no sports activities, no vaginal births, very heavy menstrual flow". I'm shorter and fatter, but otherwise the same too. So which one do you all think I should get?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:12 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

When I bought my mooncup years ago I was I think 27 and I still went with the bigger size. In my opinion the difference is at the end of the day not that great, and vaginas expand and contract to a very large extent, so the small difference between the L and the XL won't be really felt.

Re: sex while wearing it, we do it all the time from the second day on, and it's not messy, not painful, and not overly weird. Maybe my vagina expands more than others though?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 am 
WRETCHED

I'm 38 and I've only used the smaller diva cup version. I don't think you _really_ need to jump due to age. I think vagina size changing depends on a number of factors including the number of (penis wielding) sexual partners you have had and/or other things that might expand your vagina (ahem). I think I haven't changed much in size due to having a limited amount of sexual partners and non-use of toys or other things that might expand it.

And I can't imagine having sex while wearing it, I totally take it out (and that is why towels were invented).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:01 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

linanil wrote:
And I can't imagine having sex while wearing it, I totally take it out (and that is why towels were invented).

Ha, yes, towels are a lifesaver (and a sheets saver) during period time. I'm 31 and just upgraded to the larger diva cup. My other one was leaking a LOT (plus I'd had it for 5ish years). I'm noticing less leakage, but it's still not totally gone. It does seem to fit more comfortably, though. But the difference isn't that noticeable for me.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:36 am 

joyfulgirl wrote:
Help! How do you know when you have to change up to the next size due to age? I'm sure 30 is just an estimate. I think I need a bigger size so I just ordered a MeLuna XL and now I'm worried that it might be too big.
I'm 29, very short, very overweight, no births, and I have a SUPER heavy flow (no, seriously. Big clots, gushing, periods that last about a month or more). I currently have a size 1 diva cup and it is leaking all the time. I know the heavy overflowing is to blame for a lot of the leaking, but it's really annoying. I have to use a back up pad all the time. And it almost always ends up soaked. In a fit of desperation, I googled which cup had the biggest capacity and it was the MeLuna XL with a capacity of 42 ml. A lot of size guides around the web said you can go bigger if you're 30+, have a heavy flow, body size, etc. So I thought I might be okay with an XL and then I saw the MeLuna website where they stress that the XL is used pretty much exclusively by those who have given birth. So now I'm worried that it's too big. Should I ask them to change it to L instead?

Their website has little examples of the types of women who use each size and for the XL, they do have one person listed who hasn't had a vaginal delivery: "Tracy: 46 years old, 169 cm tall, severely overweight, lack of exercise, no vaginal deliveries, heavy flow". I'm younger and shorter, but otherwise it's the same. But the L examples has this one: "Erin: 28 years old, 173 cm tall, medium build, no sports activities, no vaginal births, very heavy menstrual flow". I'm shorter and fatter, but otherwise the same too. So which one do you all think I should get?

Joyfulgirl, I have no helpful advice concerning cup size (I use the DivaCup larger size but only started using it in my 30s) but they way you describe your periods sounds a lot like my periods used to be before I got treated for fibroid tumors. Have you ever been checked for fibroids? If you have them and they're in a position where they could be removed, it will make your life soooooooooooooooooo much easier. (Seriously, I used to also have really really heavy, clot-filled periods that lasted 3-4 weeks and now I've got a one week period with only 2-3 days of heavy bleeding, and nothing like I had then.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:20 am 
Nailed to the V

Joyfulgirl, I think you'll just have to try it. Everyone is so different. I tried a cup that was too small first, and knew it because it shifted around and slid down so it was uncomfortable. Does your cup do that?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:44 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Thanks all, I'm going to stick with the XL and hope it fits. amonik, yes, it has been shifting and sliding around a lot lately. I'm continuously readjusting.

lepelaar wrote:
Joyfulgirl, I have no helpful advice concerning cup size (I use the DivaCup larger size but only started using it in my 30s) but they way you describe your periods sounds a lot like my periods used to be before I got treated for fibroid tumors. Have you ever been checked for fibroids? If you have them and they're in a position where they could be removed, it will make your life soooooooooooooooooo much easier. (Seriously, I used to also have really really heavy, clot-filled periods that lasted 3-4 weeks and now I've got a one week period with only 2-3 days of heavy bleeding, and nothing like I had then.)

Hmm maybe I'll ask my doctor next time I go in. I do have PCOS and I know that can fork stuff up too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:10 am 
Bathes in Braggs

hooray for me. i finally bought a diva cup! it only took having a terrible white shorty-shorts leakage dilemma last month and the realisation that i was going to get my next bleed on my island holiday/reggae festival week of beaches and bikinis. and wow, how freaking convenient are they??? and so comfortable, not like dry awful bleachy tampons or stinky old pads. i can't believe i have gone this long without trying them. well, i can believe it, because they cost $50 here and i didn't want to waste $50 on something i wasn't sure i'd like. but i like! i like!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:03 am 
WRETCHED

I decided to try out a MeLuna and they are good! I bought the sport version which is a bit firmer than a diva cup but it is nice. Sometimes I struggle to get the diva cup open.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:47 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I still don't like my lunette as much as I loved my diva when I first got it.

So this guy was a librarian in the kid's department at the library we used to go to and I friend him. He posted a pic today of diva cups on a shelf and he was all "look, they're real! #tmi" or whatever and a female replied something like "the thought of that disgusts me." now, I get that they seem weird, but i just found that kind of . . . self-hating? like, do you hate yourself? i said that they seemed weird but they're actually pretty great. we'll see how that goes.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:38 pm 

i'm totally unfriending him soon. the comment that made me crankiest was along the lines of "ewww what the fizzle kinda nasty shiitake what do i want to collect it for?" i just can't eve.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:12 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

some people need to grow up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 am 

right? i used to think they were weird but i never would have said anything like THAT.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:35 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I totally thought I pooped my diva cup out a few minutes ago! I had some...unpleasant stomach feelings, and when I go to the bathroom with my cup in, I always wipe to make sure if there's any leaks i'll get them. Well, there was a good amount of blood and I felt for my cup and it wasn't there. I was like, "Oh no. Oh. No." I got up and looked down and didn't see it and was super confused, so I sat back down and felt again and it was WAY up there, like at least an inch higher than it normally sits. I guess it just kind of got rocked around and that explains the blood, but why the hell did it get sucked upward?

Whatever, as long as I didn't have to fish it out of a poopy toilet.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next