| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

not sure if i have a low cervix, but the diva cup was definitely uncomfortable for me (constant poking and then i couldn't get it out)... i love the mooncup UK. it's a shorter cup and it changed my life.

http://www.mooncup.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:14 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I don't actually have one, but I've always wondered about getting a MeLuna cup since they have so many options. They have a "shorty" line that is extra short, and is supposed to be good for low cervices.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:52 am 
WRETCHED

I have a MeLuna cup, I do like it better than the DivaCup.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:46 am 
Tofu Pup

I LOVE my diva cup… took a few days to figure out, and the first month was pretty bloody and frustrating, but then I got it dialed in. Super happy for it! Especially when I'm traveling or kayaking and don't want to wander out of the woods with a bloody tampon….

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:38 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I love my Diva cup too. I have to say, though, any time I tell a friend or family member about it, they are completely grossed out at the thought. I was too, at first. But to see the look on their faces is almost comical. I wouldn't use anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:46 am 
Tofu Pup

I couldn't live without my mooncup it's become my partner in crime! lol I made my mind up about 1 year ago when i read a post on everything you need to know about mooncups and i have not changed my mind ever since that day. http://marie29.kinja.com/the-answer-to- ... 1753650426

Have you ladies ever tried a diva cup though? I've heard they just as good and I'm dying to buy one. So any feedback would be lovely! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:58 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ScooterDiva wrote:
I love my Diva cup too. I have to say, though, any time I tell a friend or family member about it, they are completely grossed out at the thought. I was too, at first. But to see the look on their faces is almost comical. I wouldn't use anything else.

This is probably my favorite thing about using a Diva cup.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:13 pm 
Nailed to the V

sandra293 wrote:
I couldn't live without my mooncup it's become my partner in crime! lol I made my mind up about 1 year ago when i read a post on everything you need to know about mooncups and i have not changed my mind ever since that day. http://marie29.kinja.com/the-answer-to- ... 1753650426

hahaha my mooncup somehow tips or shifts all the time when I sleep. I don't get it and it just makes me laugh because I don't care.

In other news they are 100% worth it for mooncup orgasms. I can't be alone on this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:17 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

You are not alone on this.

I just ordered a mooncup to replace my divacup because I dunno--maybe the UK knows my anatomy better than N. America. We'll see!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm 
Total Hoover

sandra293 wrote:

Have you ladies ever tried a diva cup though? I've heard they just as good and I'm dying to buy one. So any feedback would be lovely! :)

That is an odd article.
Quote:
As for the way it fits and is inserted, it’s really no different than a Tampon or pad.
I wouldn't insert a pad the way I would a cup?

Quote:
you don’t have to worry about rushing out to the store in the middle of the night to get some more condoms.
I'm not sure how using a cup would affect that?

In terms of trying a diva cup, I haven't tried that particular brand but they all seem to be fairly similar. Having a spare cup can be useful sometimes though so if you have easy access to a diva cup and want to try one then go for it. I think somewhere further back in this thread someone had a chart comparing different brands. I think it was this, or one of the ones linked to on this page: http://sizecharts.livejournal.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:28 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I bought a diva cup several years ago and for the last few periods, I was getting some kind of inflammation/infection while on my period. It coincided with starting B.C., but I figured the cup is a variable. I bought a Meluna (medium) with a ring. I've had one before and don't remember what happened to it, but so far this one is working well. I'm hoping that I won't get the same inflammation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:04 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I took the plunge and got a DivaCup. I was not pleased with the price tag in store, but I didn't want to order online and have to wait until my next cycle. I mostly just feel a bit of pressure from it, but it's otherwise good. I'll reserve my opinion until I try it a few times and get used to it. Very interesting experience though haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:15 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

my diva cup betrayed me today. First it leaked all morning then when I went to change it refused to go back in. I had to grab some pads and go to work. Tomorrow is another day though.

I am so disappointed I love that stupid cup when it works its like not even having a period but other times its a leaky crampy annoyances. Worst part is I can't figure out why or what's going wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:04 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I tried the cup again last night, got a 3am wake up it was full but only leaked a bit. The cup itself doesn't seem totally full when I empty it, but I guess it was full enough to leak? I am starting to think that maybe my stupid cervix is somehow inside the cup...

I never had these problems before! I bought a new cup a year or so ago because I lost the old one in the move. Then I found it, now I have two but I am not sure if the one I can currently find and try to use is in fact my old lovely cup or the newer trouble maker... debating if I should try getting a shorter cup or upgrade to the larger size? I have no kids but I am 27-28... I don't really have 40$ to blow but so far I've had to go back to disposable pads which are terrible and not cheap.

If my cramping settles down I might try the cup again today, day 3 is a bit lighter and I am staying home so maybe I can re-conquer it. I should start sewing some reusable pads, I just need to figure out a way to make them less bulky (Boyfriend did laundry & put all my current pads in the dryer so they are like sitting on the cotton Rockies).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:37 pm 
Total Hoover

B_A_D wrote:
If my cramping settles down I might try the cup again today, day 3 is a bit lighter and I am staying home so maybe I can re-conquer it. I should start sewing some reusable pads, I just need to figure out a way to make them less bulky (Boyfriend did laundry & put all my current pads in the dryer so they are like sitting on the cotton Rockies).

With pads, I don't know how to reduce bulk while still having absorbancy, I did see a pattern which shouldn't be lumpy. Basically the absorbant part is a very wide strip of material as long as the length of the pad, that you fold over and over to get to the thickness you want. You tuck it into a pad base (to attach to your undies) that only has to be two thin layers of cloth plus a waterproof lining thick. You'd make several of the cloth strips to change during the day. This dries very quickly and has no wadding to get lumpy in the dryer. I may not be explaining it very clearly- much like this https://sites.google.com/site/shewhorunsintheforest/0011 but the pad base doesn't have to be a circle; it can be whatever shape you like (eg standard winged pad shape).
It seems to work pretty well but I haven't compared it with any other cloth pads and I haven't tested it extensively because I generally can't be bothered with pads and the cup usually works for me. I hope yours behaves itself soon; they're so great when they work and so annoying when they don't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19