| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:42 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

smoothie wrote:
i'm back to tampons. turns out, the horrible cramps i've had in the past year have been due to my divacup. ouch.

I think some of my cramps are due to the cup too, but I can't use tampons again! Nooooooo. I'll cry.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

i got a lady cup after i ran out of the post partum monster pads i had left over from the babe, and i love it. i had thought about hte diva, and i am so glad i went with something softer.

my period is crazy long nowadaysn i fill the cup pretty fast the first three days or so, but tampons and pads always made me itch. this is soo much better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 pm 

I just went to rinse mine and discovered there's NO forking WATER! Water main break, no estimated time until completion. Awesome. You can imagine my difficulties.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 am 
Saggy Butt

Can somebody help me with this? I was thinking it sounds nice to have one, but ever since somebody first said about 'getting a seal'... I have this irrational fear that it will cause a vaccuum around my insides and that when i remove it, my uterus will come out with it. Help? =/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

I've either made everyone laugh away, or given everyone else this image.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:13 pm 

Of course your uterus won't come out. It's a light suction and you can easily release it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:09 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Alien wrote:
Can somebody help me with this? I was thinking it sounds nice to have one, but ever since somebody first said about 'getting a seal'... I have this irrational fear that it will cause a vaccuum around my insides and that when i remove it, my uterus will come out with it. Help? =/

Cups are definitely not strong enough to cause any kind of suction like that. So, rest easy that if you do get a cup that your uterus won't come out.

If you're still worried about it, just know that you can always break the seal by inserting a finger or thumb and pressing slightly inward on the cup. If it's extra full, you might get blood on your hand, but I think that's better than being freaked out about your uterus falling out of place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:48 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Alien wrote:

it's not that strong a seal, and the seal is easily broken by gently squeezing the cup.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Okay, so since I received lots of Christmas money from extended family members (yeah, actual $$$, not gift cards), I decided I could order a bunch of different brand menstrual cups! I've always wanted to, and I do like the idea of having more than one, just in case.

I've got one red and one black Fleurcup on the way (should be here Monday). I've gotten a US version MoonCup, which I think I'm going to return because I just read bad things about the Keeper company... (Luckily I won't have my period for another week and a half, so I didn't try the MoonCup out.)
Does anyone else have any other cup brands they would recommend? I'm looking to have one or two more brands to try.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:31 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

CNA wrote:
Okay, so since I received lots of Christmas money from extended family members (yeah, actual $$$, not gift cards), I decided I could order a bunch of different brand menstrual cups! I've always wanted to, and I do like the idea of having more than one, just in case.

I've got one red and one black Fleurcup on the way (should be here Monday). I've gotten a US version MoonCup, which I think I'm going to return because I just read bad things about the Keeper company... (Luckily I won't have my period for another week and a half, so I didn't try the MoonCup out.)
Does anyone else have any other cup brands they would recommend? I'm looking to have one or two more brands to try.

Have you tried a Diva cup yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:14 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

CNA wrote:

I haven't tried or received it yet, but I ordered one of the soft Melunas the other day - I like that they have various stem options and seem like shorter cups, and they seem pretty popular on the cup livejournal community. They also apparently usually send a free second sample cup with orders. And they've got some new glittery ones if you're into that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:56 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

It's an autoimmune disease? Oh goodness. I have so many fungal and other issues. Maybe I have a weak immune system.

*UPDATE* Ooops. I was on too many threads at once. Wrong post!!

What I meant to say is, I really want to try a DivaCup but I am nervous. How expensive is it? I work nights, so can I go 8 hours at work without rinsing it? How does it work, exactly?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:07 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

My mom's dog found my cup and spent the morning playing with it. She couldn't figure out what he was doing for the better part of an hour, but apparently he was having the TIME OF HIS LIFE.

I can't use that again. I just can't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:34 am 
Bathes in Braggs

ScooterDiva wrote:
Have you tried a Diva cup yet?

Yup! That was my first one and I like it a lot! I just wanted to see what other kinds were out there and how they were different, and how they might be better for different days of my period (plus have emergency backups).

melanie wrote:
I haven't tried or received it yet, but I ordered one of the soft Melunas the other day - I like that they have various stem options and seem like shorter cups, and they seem pretty popular on the cup livejournal community. They also apparently usually send a free second sample cup with orders. And they've got some new glittery ones if you're into that.

Thanks! I'll definitely try a Meluna out. They seem interesting that they're not made of silicone. I wonder how their material feels... And I think the glitter idea seems "fun," but it's definitely not for me. I don't really want my vag to sparkle. Their colors are nice, though!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:59 am 
Bathes in Braggs

newsie15 wrote:
What I meant to say is, I really want to try a DivaCup but I am nervous. How expensive is it? I work nights, so can I go 8 hours at work without rinsing it? How does it work, exactly?

Cups work like this:
(from fleurcup.com) ...except inside your vagina.
There are other ways to fold your cup to insert it, but the objective is to get the cup to pop open and create a seal so it can catch the menstruation.

Divacups usually run between $28-$36, depending on where you get it (cheapest price I found was on Amazon for $19).
I found that depending on the day of my period, I can definitely wear the cup for 8 hours or longer. The Divacup site says you can wear it up to 12. On the second (heaviest flow for me) day of my period, I think the max amount of time I can wear it is for 4 hours, or it'll start leaking, but that's pretty damn good if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:13 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I'm flying tomorrow and almost tempted to opt for the body scan to make them wonder what the fork is in my vagina. But the fact they can see all that is too creepy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:15 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

AutumnVegan wrote:
I'm flying tomorrow and almost tempted to opt for the body scan to make them wonder what the fork is in my vagina. But the fact they can see all that is too creepy.

I had the bodyscan thingy done with one in and they never questioned me at all...wonder if it even shows up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:06 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

ScooterDiva wrote:
AutumnVegan wrote:

I had the bodyscan thingy done with one in and they never questioned me at all...wonder if it even shows up.

Well, hopefully they can't - I wondered about that since I've given up on the cloth re-usable pads and only use the Diva Cup now. Imagine having to yank that thing out in front of a bunch of TSA officers and explaining it. Not a pretty scene at all.

I recently was forced to toss out a brand new, unopened container of hummus when I was boarding a flight to the US. Hummus bomb! Seriously, that's what they thought. I can't imagine what they might think the Diva Cup is, especially with a semi-bullet-like shape...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:47 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

diva cup question:

i've been using mine for about 3 years, and love it! however, it's started leaking on the first couple days of my period. i'm 28, so i thought i'd be fine with the smaller one for another couple of years... but is it possible that i need the bigger one already? has my vagina magically grown this past year? it's only the first 2 days of my period, and a pantyliner cures it. does anyone else have this problem?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I just had to post to share with the PPK that this is the first period where I used my diva cup every day and it didn't leak once! I might have finally figured out how to get it in correctly! I never have heavy periods (thanks to birth control), but I was still getting leakage. No more! I'll probably be paranoid and keep wearing a pantyliner until I have a few leak-free periods in a row, but yay!

newsie15 wrote:

I leave mine in all day and then sleep without it (for some reason I rarely bleed at night). I have a medium/light flow, and it has only ever gotten half full from being left in for 12-14 hours. When I was younger and had a heavy flow, I'm sure that I wouldn't have made it 8 hours. I still carry tampons for when I'm out... I'm not yet confident enough that if I take it out in public, I'd be able to get it back in. I think you can dump it out and wipe it with tp if you can't rinse it before reinserting. At least, I've done that before.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:29 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Oh Jesus, I had sex earlier and forgot that I had my cup in until afterward! Super weird, I didn't think that would be possible, don't think I've done it in the 7 or so years that I've been using a cup. At least I am at the end so the cup was just there to protect my underwears from brown gunk, there was no waterfall of blood when the seal broke.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

electric_claire wrote:
Oh Jesus, I had sex earlier and forgot that I had my cup in until afterward! Super weird, I didn't think that would be possible,

I think this just broke my brain. I mean, I know the vagina gets longer when aroused, but I was sure that a cup would be noticeable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:06 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

mishka wrote:
electric_claire wrote:
Oh Jesus, I had sex earlier and forgot that I had my cup in until afterward! Super weird, I didn't think that would be possible,

I think this just broke my brain. I mean, I know the vagina gets longer when aroused, but I was sure that a cup would be noticeable.

I found it hiding out to the side, not pushed all the way up to my cervix. So I guess it has to do with my vagina getting wider? Also the cup collapsing? But yeah, totally defies physics. Or anatomy. Or some scientific discipline.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:14 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

allularpunk wrote:
diva cup question:

i've been using mine for about 3 years, and love it! however, it's started leaking on the first couple days of my period. i'm 28, so i thought i'd be fine with the smaller one for another couple of years... but is it possible that i need the bigger one already? has my vagina magically grown this past year? it's only the first 2 days of my period, and a pantyliner cures it. does anyone else have this problem?

Mine has always done this before filling up completely. I blame a combination of heavy flow and low cervix on the first couple of days.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:57 am 

newsie15 wrote:

$30-40? I forget. But tampons are what, $8/box or so, so it's totally a money saver.

And when you can't rinse it you can just go to the bathroom, dump it, wipe it with TP, put it back and go.

I <3 Diva Cups

CNA wrote:
newsie15 wrote:

Cups work like this:
(from fleurcup.com) ...except inside your vagina.
There are other ways to fold your cup to insert it, but the objective is to get the cup to pop open and create a seal so it can catch the menstruation.

Divacups usually run between $28-$36, depending on where you get it (cheapest price I found was on Amazon for $19).
I found that depending on the day of my period, I can definitely wear the cup for 8 hours or longer. The Divacup site says you can wear it up to 12. On the second (heaviest flow for me) day of my period, I think the max amount of time I can wear it is for 4 hours, or it'll start leaking, but that's pretty damn good if you ask me.

I love that gif!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next