| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Saw one in Whole Foods for $36. I was too nervous to get it. But I think I just might next time. Totally scared my boyfriend talking about it. He didn't understand how it could be wider than his junk, but it can sit up there in my lady bits & be comfortable. lol. Men.

Weird question, but do they have a money-back guaranteed? I want to get one, but if it doesn't work, I don't want to waste the $36. I don't have much money to splurge.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I know The Keeper has a 3 month period (pun not intended) for returns. Personally, I prefer my Keeper to the Diva Cup. But, you'll find tons of people who like their Diva cups better. It's all personal preference really.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm 
Ninja Master

I had a horrible accident with mine where the seal went and I wasn't wearing a pad (something I never do!!). I was on a train and had to go meet people. I had to buy tampons then go to a train station bathroom and clean up, it was awful. Lucky for me they had to go into town so I could buy a new pair of leggings before the party we were on the way to!!

I can't use my cup anymore. I'm so heavy on the first day or so I have to change it every couple of hours or less, so after 2 days I am really really sore down there when I remove it. So I'm back to tampons! :(

If the docs ever get me on the right pill to lighten me then I will try again.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:17 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

baps :( that's horrible.

how does one know when it's time to replace? i felt like mine wasn't suctioning right just now. i went to turn it and it sort of folded in on itself. odd. it's about a year and a half.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:02 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I love my Diva Cup. I don't get the "when you are 35 get a bigger one" deal. My vag is magically going to get bigger when I'm 35? I don't think so. But it is so nice not to use tampons anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 pm 
Huffs Nooch

how exactly do you tell its your cup is full. i just kind of assume when it starts to leak a bit that it's full. are there other signs that i should be paying attention too? also, if there isn't a sink right next to the toilet, how you do you guys empty it out and put it back in without making a huge mess? i don't know if i could do it, especially in a public restroom.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:12 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I pull it out and dump it into the toilet. The sink's across the room in my bathroom and the couple of times I tried to walk my overfull cup over there, it ended in TOTAL DISASTER.

If I'm in a public restroom, I then just wipe it out/off with toilet paper and put it back in. If I'm home, I wrap it in a square of toilet paper and shuffle over to the sink and give it a more thorough wash, then put it back in.

I have no idea how you tell when it's getting full but I've got a pretty reliable period so I kinda just schedule it now. The first two days of my period, I need to empty that bad boy every four hours or so or else use a backup method. That kinda sucks, but it's not any worse than tampons (which I never liked anyway) or pads (which I didn't realize how much I hated until I stopped using them).

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 pm 
Huffs Nooch

yeah i dump mine right into the toilet too, but i guess i just feel weird putting it back in without giving it a quick rinse. i suppose wiping it off a bit would work though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:03 pm 

what cold and sleepy said. but you do kinda get a sense for it - like the way you know your tampon is full - same kind of feeling, at least to me. but if i'm home and it's one of the first few days, i empty it every time i go, just in case.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I can feel when my cup is filling up and I need to change it. I don't really know how to explain the feeling, it just feels like I need to change it.

Also, I want to tell everyone to buy a cup. Best thing I have EVER bought. My vagina loves me now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Just picked up a new one in response to having my IUD out in a couple weeks. Oh, how I missed it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:03 am 
Chip Strong

Wow, I can go all day even on my first day without having to worry about it filling up ... it's barely ever got much in there at all. I must have a super light flow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:10 am 
Huffs Nooch

i hope you understand how lucky you are in that regard. the first couple days i can feel the blood dumping out of me. ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:47 am 

Rubella wrote:
Wow, I can go all day even on my first day without having to worry about it filling up ... it's barely ever got much in there at all. I must have a super light flow.

Me, too. It is heavier on the first day, but I have never had it fill more than a quarter or a third of the way, even when my period is at its heaviest. I guess that's why I don't ever think about it getting full....I just change it in the evening and in the morning.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 am 

FeatheredMisanthrope wrote:
i hope you understand how lucky you are in that regard. the first couple days i can feel the blood dumping out of me. ugh.

same. ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 pm 

I just ordered my first DivaCup and it should arrive on Wednesday! The only bad part was that I got my period this Saturday. Is it strange that I hope there is still enough blood to test out the cup this month?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 pm 
WELFARIST!

newsie15 wrote:
Saw one in Whole Foods for $36. I was too nervous to get it. But I think I just might next time. Totally scared my boyfriend talking about it. He didn't understand how it could be wider than his junk, but it can sit up there in my lady bits & be comfortable. That's very funny!. Men.

Weird question, but do they have a money-back guaranteed? I want to get one, but if it doesn't work, I don't want to waste the $36. I don't have much money to splurge.

ok, this sounds weird maybe, but i got mine on ebay for $15. it was new in the box, obviously, but they were just selling them out of one of those third party stores, so i saved money in that regard. it's totally worth it and so much better than tampons.

even if it does leak on me on the first two days. stupid heavy period.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:42 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Hi fellow heavy period people whose cups leak! Ask your doctor about treatment! I've already written this a gazillion times on here, but used to get overflowing all the time, but managed to noticeably reduce the amount I was bleeding with ibuprofen (obviously, don't take NSAIDs unless you know they're safe for you to use). I've only used it for one cycle, but tranexamic acid made an even bigger difference for me. I know baps has been on it and the side effects were too much of a nuisance. I didn't have any problems with it at all, so your mileage may vary.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:27 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Lachesis wrote:
I love my Diva Cup. I don't get the "when you are 35 get a bigger one" deal. My vag is magically going to get bigger when I'm 35? I don't think so. But it is so nice not to use tampons anymore.

I think the idea is that elasticity of the vagina changes as one gets older, not that the vagina gets magically bigger. I'm over thirty and I still use the smaller one without a problem--but I think I'd be fine with the larger size, as it's not that much bigger. It'd be funny if they could make them "adjustable."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:30 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Despite asking in this thread about the Diva a long time ago, I just asked my mother if I could get one. This led to a super awkward conversation ("But... Where do you put it...?"), but she said I can probably get it if I ask my doctor cousin if it's safe. I know it's safe, I don't want to have to ask someone who still thinks I'm ten about shoving a blood collector up my vag.

Also, does anyone think this would be comfortable as a virgin? I read a review on VeganEssentials saying it wasn't for smaller women.

ETA: Is this too much oversharing even for the PPK?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:04 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Niev wrote:
Despite asking in this thread about the Diva a long time ago, I just asked my mother if I could get one. This led to a super awkward conversation ("But... Where do you put it...?"), but she said I can probably get it if I ask my doctor cousin if it's safe. I know it's safe, I don't want to have to ask someone who still thinks I'm ten about shoving a blood collector up my vag.

Also, does anyone think this would be comfortable as a virgin? I read a review on VeganEssentials saying it wasn't for smaller women.

I'm much older than you, but I am a, umm...small person and it fits fine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:10 pm 
Saggy Butt

Niev wrote:

Not over sharing! Although I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about it with my mum, well done!

I'm sure you'll be fine with it as a virgin; I've had mine since I was 14 or 15 and it worked. I had been using tampons before then, though. If you can get two or three fingers inside you without it hurting, you'll be fine. Remember that you fold it up while you put it through the actual opening of the vagina and further inside seems to be a bit wider or more flexible- the cup can't be felt once it's properly in.
Have a look back at the thread for which brands are supposed to be 'softer', make sure you get the small/ haven't-given-birth size if there is one, and make sure you're relaxed and unhurried the first few times you insert and remove it.

Oh, and when you remove it, squish it to break the seal. On my first try I didn't do this and panicked for several minutes because I couldn't get it out and didn't know what to do, but you've obviously read up on it, so you'll be completely fine. And if for any obscure reason you're not fine you can rely on the wisdom and un-embarrassment of the PPK.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:23 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Lachesis wrote:
Rubella wrote:

Me, too. It is heavier on the first day, but I have never had it fill more than a quarter or a third of the way, even when my period is at its heaviest. I guess that's why I don't ever think about it getting full....I just change it in the evening and in the morning.

Me too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:37 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I love my Diva cup so much, it has saved me so much money not having to buy tampons anymore. Now I have crazy heavy flow on the first and second day of my period and I've had a couple of leaks over the last couple of years using the cups. Now, I just use a super light pantaloon liner on the first day of my period as a back up plan. But I've never had an issue beyond that first day. I find I can't really use tampons anymore. I feel like my cramps get worse if I use tampons now. Wonder why that is?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I bought a diva cup after reading this thread and I really love it! I'm still a little freaked when I pull it out. It kind of hurts to remove it but maybe I just need practice.

Thanks PPKers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next