| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I just convinced my sister-in-law to get one yay! Also iherb.com has diva cups super cheap. i bought my first one in 2008 for $14 on iherb and just bought another one (model 2) a month or so ago from there for around $20. If you google coupon codes, you usually get a $5 off coupon toward your first purchase on iherb too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:34 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

couroupita wrote:
I bought a diva cup after reading this thread and I really love it! I'm still a little freaked when I pull it out. It kind of hurts to remove it but maybe I just need practice.

Thanks PPKers!

I think you will get used to it. It's just a new feeling, I felt weird about it at first. If it's hurting though I would suggest kinda pushing it down as far as you can get it before trying pulling it out. Also, I don't take mine out in one fast motion, but inch it out slowly. You will figure out what feels comfortable for you, you're right, it just takes a little practice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Karma007 wrote:
Just picked up a new one in response to having my IUD out in a couple weeks. Oh, how I missed it!

I haven't gotten a diva cup because the box says they shouldn't be used with the IUD, but others said earlier on this forum that they used both and they were fine. I'm debating whether I should try it out... I want to, but not if there are adverse effects.
Did you have a bad experience trying to use a diva cup with an IUD in or did you just not do it because the box or a doctor or someone said not to?
Anyone have a good/bad experience or advice?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:17 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

When my DivaCup is nicely suctioned and in place, I find that it presses against my urethra, blocking my pee. When I remove the cup, the pee is under such pressure that it pretty much releases all over my hand as soon as the cup is moved.

Does anyone else have this problem? Because it's really annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mishka wrote:
When my DivaCup is nicely suctioned and in place, I find that it presses against my urethra, blocking my pee. When I remove the cup, the pee is under such pressure that it pretty much releases all over my hand as soon as the cup is moved.

I don't pee on my hand, per se, but I do notice I'm not able to fully empty my bladder with it in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:22 am 

I use a MeLuna cup and find it fantastic. Glad to see there are other vegans who are into menstrual cups! Hooray for the Divas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

radish wrote:
Karma007 wrote:
Just picked up a new one in response to having my IUD out in a couple weeks. Oh, how I missed it!

I haven't gotten a diva cup because the box says they shouldn't be used with the IUD, but others said earlier on this forum that they used both and they were fine. I'm debating whether I should try it out... I want to, but not if there are adverse effects.
Did you have a bad experience trying to use a diva cup with an IUD in or did you just not do it because the box or a doctor or someone said not to?
Anyone have a good/bad experience or advice?

I use a mooncup which is just the same as a a diva cup & the doctor who inserted my IUD said it'd be fine to use it. They said not to use it for the bleeding just after getting the IUD inserted (because you're not meant to put anything up there!) & to be careful to completely break the seal before removing it. I just make sure that one finger reaches up to the top of it to break the seal before kinda using my thumb & other two fingers to fold it a bit before taking I out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:50 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I notice my pee takes forever to come out when the diva cup is in, like the pee trickles out for a long time instead of 1 big gush. I don't feel my bladder fully empties with it in either. It's not really and issue per se as I just remember to "fully pee" when I take it out before I put my cup back in. Also I've noticed that with the model 2 diva cup I've been more crampy than I was with the model 1 (I'm close to turning 30 and thought it wise to move up to model 2).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:32 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

Am I the only one who's had a bad experience? I bought one a few years back and loved it....until it started to smell like something that had been dead a few weeks. It freaked me out so bad that I went screaming to my gyno who confirmed that nothing physiologically was wrong with me.

I've contacted the company who suggested different cleaning methods - none of which worked.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 pm 

TempestTeapot wrote:
Am I the only one who's had a bad experience? I bought one a few years back and loved it....until it started to smell like something that had been dead a few weeks. It freaked me out so bad that I went screaming to my gyno who confirmed that nothing physiologically was wrong with me.

I've contacted the company who suggested different cleaning methods - none of which worked.

Mine's smelled a few times, mostly that boiling didn't fix. Have you seen the livejournal community 'menstrual cups'? This question has come up a few times recently, I believe the one that seems to work in the end is washing it with something (I can't remember, sorry. :( ) and leaving it to dry/bleach in the sun. Apparently seems to do the trick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:53 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

micachica wrote:
I notice my pee takes forever to come out when the diva cup is in, like the pee trickles out for a long time instead of 1 big gush. I don't feel my bladder fully empties with it in either. It's not really and issue per se as I just remember to "fully pee" when I take it out before I put my cup back in. Also I've noticed that with the model 2 diva cup I've been more crampy than I was with the model 1 (I'm close to turning 30 and thought it wise to move up to model 2).

I thought the model 2 was for post-childbirth. That's how it was explained to me when I bought mine...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:36 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Courtney wrote:
micachica wrote:

I thought the model 2 was for post-childbirth. That's how it was explained to me when I bought mine...

Model 2 is post-childbirth AND for over 30 yrs old (apparently your hips widen after age 30 and you vaginal walls loose elasticity). Since I'll be turning 30 in a few months and I plan on having kids in the next 5 years, I thought it best to obey the over 30 rule and go up to model 2. Both sizes work perfectly for me now but I definitely notice more cramps with the model 2 than the model 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 am 
Tofu Pup

EmJaeDee wrote:
I love my Diva Cup! Love, love, love it. It is the best thing ever for women who are performers. No costume is compromised by the Cup, and it feels so much more secure than a tampon (I've never been friends with tampons).
Seriously, I'm a little evangelical about the Diva Cup.

THIS . . . I love my baby. Diva Cups are lifesavers!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:51 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mishka wrote:

i used a diva cup at first, and hated it. [one of the problems was the difficult peeing issue, but there were others.] once i switched to the mooncup UK (no longer available in the US, sob), everything was SO much better. the dimensions are rather different on the mooncup UK, so it might just be that you need to try different cups (skinnier, shorter, wider, longer, etc.) until you find the right fit?

i also make a point of 'tipping' my mooncup UK a little bit after i insert it, to keep it further away from pressing on my urethra. it helps!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 am 
Ninja Master

My doc put me on the pill to try and make my period lighter, as I couldn't take the tranexamic acid. Although it got rid of about 90% of the horrific cramps I used to have, it didn't make them any lighter. So his solution wasn't to put me on a different pill, like the original doctor said she would, but to have me tri-cycle it. So I take 3 packs in a row and only have a period every 9 weeks.

So that's next week and I'm gonna try my mooncup again. Maybe because I haven't used it for a while I won't get the pain when removing it (from having to change it so often). But if it's still as heavy as before then I think I'm gonna have the same problem. Fingers crossed!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 am 

baps wrote:
My doc put me on the pill to try and make my period lighter, as I couldn't take the tranexamic acid. Although it got rid of about 90% of the horrific cramps I used to have, it didn't make them any lighter. So his solution wasn't to put me on a different pill, like the original doctor said she would, but to have me tri-cycle it. So I take 3 packs in a row and only have a period every 9 weeks.

So that's next week and I'm gonna try my mooncup again. Maybe because I haven't used it for a while I won't get the pain when removing it (from having to change it so often). But if it's still as heavy as before then I think I'm gonna have the same problem. Fingers crossed!

Oh good luck! I've definitely made myself sore before because of how many times I've had to remove mine (smaller capacity, not super heavy flow). I'd recommend a bigger cup, but I think the mooncups ARE some of the bigger ones, right? And bigger=less comfortable for some, I believe. (But I could be making that up unintentionally)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:34 pm 
Ninja Master

I have the bigger of the 2 sizes, because it said to use cup B if you're over 30. It's just that I'm really heavy and that little dude fills up fast!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

I just bought a LadyCup online, decided that that one seems better for me judging from online reviews. Surprisingly, the shipping to North America is only $2, and with the currency conversion from euros to dollars the cup is $40 with shipping factored in. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy a DivaCup from my local health food store, but considering my deep fear of these things (resulting from my mom only ever buying me giant super-absorbency tampons when I was a teenage virgin) I'd prefer to spend more on something that seems less likely to be uncomfortable and scary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm 

Vegan Candida Diet wrote:
I just bought a LadyCup online, decided that that one seems better for me judging from online reviews. Surprisingly, the shipping to North America is only $2, and with the currency conversion from euros to dollars the cup is $40 with shipping factored in. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy a DivaCup from my local health food store, but considering my deep fear of these things (resulting from my mom only ever buying me giant super-absorbency tampons when I was a teenage virgin) I'd prefer to spend more on something that seems less likely to be uncomfortable and scary.

Congrats! And don't worry if it doesn't go fantastically the first time. Just take a deep breath/rant about it/look for tricks and tips and try again later.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:42 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I admit I was originally really grossed out by the idea of the MoonCup (what we have over here), but then I got one last year. OMG IT'S THE BEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD! I LOVE IT.

But then I got the contraceptive implant, and now I don't menstruate any more, so my cup is gathering dust. Oh well... I'm still spreading the message :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Courtney wrote:
micachica wrote:

I don't buy the age/childbirth rule. It probably depends on the person. I got a large Lunette in my early 20s (no kids) because my Mooncup would start overflowing after two hours. I still take meds to reduce the bleeding, but that's a different story. Anyhow, I've never had problems with it obstructing anything or causing cramping. My height is somewhat above average and I have a low waist:hip ratio, so who knows whether my build contributes to it working.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:14 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

ScooterDiva wrote:
mishka wrote:

I don't pee on my hand, per se, but I do notice I'm not able to fully empty my bladder with it in.

Same here - but sometimes I have to pee some, then take it out, then finish.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I really, really want one! I've not bought one yet because I lived in dorms, yada yada yada and didn't want to deal with it. My roommates will think I'm weird, but they're used to I at this point (I hope). It's the cleaning it thing that freaks me out bit...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i don't buy the age cutoff thing, either. my first cup was a divacup, size big (which i ordered solely due to my age), and it was REDONK. that thing almost put me off cups forever. then i got a mooncup UK, size small, and all was right in the world. i love that thing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:16 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I just bought a Divacup and I have to agree, it's awesome. I'm totally going to become a Divacup missionary and try to convert my friends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next