| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:25 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My greatest Diva Cup fear was finally realized: I dropped it in the toilet while removing it. It slid all the way down where I couldn't see it and I screamed NOOOOOOO, thinking it was gone and/or going to horribly clog the toilet. Fortunately I was at home so I was able to grab a hanger to fish it out. Then I boiled the heck out of it.

Not the end of the world, but I'm seriously thinking I need to start carrying a latex glove with me in case I drop it in a public toilet and have to grab it out with my hand. I'm gagging just thinking about it. Augh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:41 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I finally got my Diva! My parents don't know, though. I'm just going to leave it like that. They shouldn't really have a say in this anyways. The cashiers at WF thought I was nuts, paying all in change and looking around nervously while they counted.

I love it! Insertion is really comfortable, and I can use the bathroom without any problems, unlike with the disposable cups.

Does anyone find that removal is a pit painful? It might be a virginal problem, or something. removing tampons was also painful for me. I really do think I may have torn my hymen a bit in the past two days. I hope in a few cycles it'll be better.

I did have a tiny bit of leaking, but I'm still on the learning curve.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:10 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Niev wrote:
she actually said that for her it's less of an issue of safety, and more that it scares her, looks uncomfortable, and doesn't understand how it will fit.

Sorry about the issues you were having. My mum is quite liberal but she still doesn't get it. As for pain, you shouldn't be experiencing more than slight discomfort, it does take a bit to get used to. Taking it out was difficult the first few times. Make sure you have broken the seal, I usually have to insert part of my fingers to do that. I'm most comfortable taking it out in the shower, I'm lucky that my flow is light enough to do it twice a day, sometimes even less.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 am 
Chip Strong

Niev wrote:
I finally got my Diva! My parents don't know, though. I'm just going to leave it like that. They shouldn't really have a say in this anyways.

THIS. Well done for managing to save up, get it without them noticing etc and I'm sorry that you had to. Hopefully soon you you'll work out how to remove it painlessly and the use of the cup will make up for the hassle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:28 pm 

Niev wrote:
Does anyone find that removal is a pit painful? It might be a virginal problem, or something. removing tampons was also painful for me. I really do think I may have torn my hymen a bit in the past two days. I hope in a few cycles it'll be better.

I'm guessing you need to modify your technique a little. My instructions didn't specify to partly fold it up before pulling it all the way out, so the rim was getting caught. Grabbing it with two fingers and using a third to squish it together into a C-shape fixed that issue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Just thought of something funny when I saw this thread. Before I was part of the PPK and didn't know about menstrual cups, I found one on a free table (table of stuff where you can take anything, or give away anything) which appeared clean and stuff in a bag which said diva cup in the print of the fabric. I picked it up because I was curious about it, but I never used it since I figured it was used by someone else. Then I was kind of scared of it anyway, since I was wondering what horrifying thing happened to its previous owner that prompted them to put it on a free table to get away from it.

I put it back on the table when I moved since I didn't know what to do with it. Now I kind of wish I had one, but I have an iud, so I'm unsure of the potential complications with that, though I guess it would be worth a try. Just thought it was kind of funny, and wanted to share with you guys. I wish I could hear the story behind it though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:31 pm 

Thanks, everyone. I think I got the hang of it. C-folding it out is easier, and I shower when it's time to take it out now, because it really is easier. No more pain, it takes a bit of time but it's only a bit uncomfortable taking it out now.

The Diva is great, it's like having no period at all!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I do the punch down fold: http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/4 ... ad=4016400 It's my fave.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

IT FELL INTO THE TOILET WHILE I WAS PEEING!

Why, yes, that did warrant all caps. Never fear--I've put my big-girl pants on and I'm boiling it as we speak, but how did this happen? My boyfriend just came home with a new one for me, and I didn't read the instructions this time. I don't remember having to do anything other than wash it off with soap and water before use. I'm using a new size because the old one was a little too small...after I put it in, I sat down to pee and my muscles pushed it out. Does this mean it's too big? Or, was it just not in all the way?

Am I forever fated to drop the blasted thing in the toilet?

Best part was walking out of the bathroom, DivaCup in hand, into the kitchen where my boyfriend was frosting donuts. I said, "guess what?" and he immediately laughed and just filled a pot with water before I said anything further. This was after he'd relayed the story of making the cashier at the co-op laugh because she asked if he found everything all right. He said, "oh yes, everything looks delicious...except the DivacCup." I've already been making fart jokes with him, all day. Damn, do I love having a boyfriend who isn't embarrassed to buy it for me (not that anyone should be), and who has no shame in making a joke about it (without making a stereotypical mood-swing or chocolate joke).

I'm about to go to a party and I'm wearing a pair of boxers because this morning, I realized the washing machine in my apartment building didn't really get my clothes clean and my underwear was still dirty. All you never needed to know about me and more!

Now, I just hope that the freak fall-out doesn't happen again, while I'm at the party, wearing a loose pair of boxers underneath my jeans...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Hurray for bfpants!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:19 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Hi all!

So.. I just got my diva cup and I think I am doing it all wrong. I've read through all comments and I just can't figure out what the fork is going wrong? Somewhere around 30 minutes after implantation I get serious cramps and have to the little forker out, and then I'll start to immediately feel better. What's up with this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 pm 

Maybe try putting it in a slightly different spot. If you can feel it, it's not positioned correctly. It's also possible that a different brand would fit your anatomy better. The diva in particular seems to be quite a long cup.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:10 pm 

I've read some other sites with diva pages, and some women just experience cramps with it. Some feel better with other brands, and others don't. A lot of women said that it got a lot better with repeated use, so it could mean that their technique improved like Chipmunk suggested.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:57 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Thanks for the advice ladies!!! I will keep trying for the moment, and if it doesn't work after a few months, then I think I will try a different brand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:13 pm 

So, there seems to be a difference in "leaking" with the Diva and leaking with the Diva.

On my first day this cycle, I leaked three times, and really leaked. Bright blood was definitely on my liner.
The other times I've thought I was leaking, it was only a pale red tinge on the tissue when I used the bathroom. Is that typical? It hasn't really happened today, but do you guys think that's a leak?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:56 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

In my experience if I start bleeding before I put my diva cup in, I'll have a brownish "leak" on my liner or only on the toilet paper when i wipe which I always thought was the old dried blood that was already in my vagina when I put the cup that was sorta left over and impossible to get in the cup as it was already lower in my vagina (if that makes sense at all). After that if I leak (which is rare) it was brighter red and from the cup not being sealed properly or the cup being full and overflowing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i think i want to get back to using mine. i did get terrible cramps in the past few cycles i used it, but the tampons are just not that awesome. and i am having a hard time finding affordable organic ones.

anyway. i really hope i will be avoiding the cramps this time. when i use tampons i am generally completely cramp free. but i feel all dried up, because i bleed very little. and pads are just not going to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:52 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I need to replace my moon cup. Is there a huge quality difference between diva cups and moon cups?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm 
Tofu Pup

My current worst-fear happened... my girlfriend used my cup. Ahh!! I'm a serious germaphobe and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm all dead-set on getting some other brand so she can't confuse them. Anything comparable? I liked my diva cup a lot and had few problems with it (just that I'm a heavy bleeder apparently)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Advice needed from women who've used a cup before and after having children, please.

Did you try to use the same size cup after giving birth as you used before and how did that turn out for you?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:24 am 
Ninja Master

I'm trying again with a mooncup, I bought the smaller one and hopefully it will be better. (I originally bought the larger one because it says on it to use that one if you're over 30, but I found it painful to remove!)

I forgot how nice it is not to worry about tampons, but it was still a little uncomfortable removing it, but not painful like the other one so far.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 pm 
Dildo Queen

it's been almost 3 years and i still love my divacup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:15 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

baps wrote:
I'm trying again with a mooncup, I bought the smaller one and hopefully it will be better. (I originally bought the larger one because it says on it to use that one if you're over 30, but I found it painful to remove!)

I forgot how nice it is not to worry about tampons, but it was still a little uncomfortable removing it, but not painful like the other one so far.

baps, are you able to completely break the seal when you remove your cup? The times I find it painful removing my diva cup are when I haven't managed to get my thumb/finger in the right position to break the seal so that it creates suction when pulled out. I wonder if that's what's going on or something else entirely.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 am 
Ninja Master

I think that was part of it, I sort of have to wiggle it around a bit when taking it out! But it was definitely better with the smaller cup! That and the latest pill the doc has put me on actually seems to have made my period lighter, so I'm not changing it as often. Now if only they could find one that did that but didn't make me feel sick for the first few days of the month!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:24 pm 

Christened my very first diva cup tonight!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next