| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Niev wrote:
Has anyone ever worn the DivaCup during an intense workout? Does it leak?

I've worn the diva during workouts and running, and never had a leak.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Yeah it doesn't leak!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:25 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I've worn it during yoga and biking and never had a problem. My job is pretty intensely physical (I'm a receiver for Whole Foods), and it's never leaked then either.

ETA: My 200th post is about my rag. Heh. Typical.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I got mine (well it is a mooncup) and was so excited about using it but I had just come off the pill and my womb has dried up or something because I haven't had a period since and therefore no need to try my cup out.

I actually miss my period.

Post subject: Re: instead
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

huangdong43 wrote:
the release juicy couture bags in the past record of what you will find that starting from the juicy couture tracksuits, white, gray instead of bright colors and juicy couture handbags has become a And obvious and moncler coats no longer Xuejiannaodai cool fashion sense you want to juicy couture outlet achieve.

I couldn't agree more.

edit: oh, spam is gone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I love my Diva Cup. I started using it in August and after learning how to makes sure it's in correctly I've NEVER had to worry about leaking since. I'll never go back! I was originally worried about when I'm at work since there are no private bathrooms. I just dump it in the toliet and wipe out with toliet paper and then clean with soap and water when I get home. The only thing I have to make sure is that if I'm in a public bathroom with other people in it, is to be careful when moving it into place so it doesn't make a really large suction sound.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Niev wrote:
Has anyone ever worn the DivaCup during an intense workout? Does it leak?

I sometimes skip workouts on heavier days - I have a really heavy, clotty flow though. TMI. But I'm never going back to tampons!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 pm 
Dildo Queen

MelanieC wrote:
I love my Diva Cup. I started using it in August and after learning how to makes sure it's in correctly I've NEVER had to worry about leaking since. I'll never go back! I was originally worried about when I'm at work since there are no private bathrooms. I just dump it in the toliet and wipe out with toliet paper and then clean with soap and water when I get home. The only thing I have to make sure is that if I'm in a public bathroom with other people in it, is to be careful when moving it into place so it doesn't make a really large suction sound.

i'm happy you like it! i love mine, too, bought it 1.5 years ago. and oh, the money i have SAVED. you probably don't even need to clean it out at work - how long are your shifts? assuming they're not longer than 8-10 hours, you should be fine. most people can go about 10-12 hours without having to empty them. but yeah - that suction sound...when you're pulling it out...definitely way too embarrassing - i would have a shiitake if someone heard that noise while i was in the bathroom haha. and i never do the "diva shimmy" when i put it in, so mine takes a minute or so to pop when i'm out of the bathroom...so i always make sure i'm not around anyone else when it opens because it's always such a shock to me, that feeling is strange, even though it only lasts one second. i kind of gasp/double over for a second, and i do'nt want to have to say "oh it's okay, my diva cup just suctioned itself to my uterine walls"

also, what kind of soap are you using? i use "the soap works" glycerin soap because it's just vegetable contents with no fragrance or anything, so it's non-irritating. when i first bought my cup i was using regular hand soap and that was NOT COOL with my vagina. i see that you've had yours since august, so i'm sure you forking know how to use it, i'm not really sure why i felt the need to tell you all this...anyway, carry on

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:40 pm 
Married to the wolfman

semiautomatic wrote:
i'm happy you like it! i love mine, too, bought it 1.5 years ago. and oh, the money i have SAVED. you probably don't even need to clean it out at work - how long are your shifts? assuming they're not longer than 8-10 hours, you should be fine. most people can go about 10-12 hours without having to empty them.

This is what I like most about the DivaCup! I mean it's pretty awesome overall, but I spend 8 hours or so out of the house with a toddler on most weekdays and I don't get time off for my period. (If only.) It's hard enough to find time to just go to the bathroom and juggle the kid doing that, I can't imagine having to take some shiitake out and put something else in and do a little dance and on and on.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i'm back to tampons. turns out, the horrible cramps i've had in the past year have been due to my divacup. ouch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:13 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

smoothie wrote:
i'm back to tampons. turns out, the horrible cramps i've had in the past year have been due to my divacup. ouch.

oh wow, that really sucks. i used to have terrible cramps when i was in my teens/early 20s. i still get them occasionally, but they're not nearly as bad and they're related to stress i think. i sometimes think that maybe the diva cup helped with my cramps, but i'm not sure if they're related or not.

i have been using my diva cup for over three years now, and don't see myself going back to pads or tampons ever. the only thing i don't like is that sometimes it leaks overnight on day 1 or 2, and occasionally it leaks during the day just the tiniest bit even though it is definitely in correctly. i just have to wear black underwear during my period so i don't have to worry about ruining a cute pair. still worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:50 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

calcuhater wrote:
i've found that there are some months when my vagina just leaks, whether there's a divacup in it or not. i think i have a tipped uterus (do people get that confirmed/diagnosed? i mean, what's the difference - it's not like i'm getting that shiitake straightened out!) and no matter which way i insert, what fold i use, how aggressive i am with trying to create suction, i can expect to be leaky at some point. i have a pretty heavy second day, but it's hard to believe that i'm bleeding that much more than is typical.

I think cervix position is definitely a factor. My cervix is lower the first two or so days, so the cup will start leaking before it's completely full. And that's with a cup that's not as tall as the diva cup.

For the record, I think the age recommendations regarding size can be way off. I bleed to much for the small ones and, like baps said, it starts to hurt when you have to empty them all the time. So I got a larger size after about two months (early 20s, no kids) and had no issues whatsoever. I'm above average height; no idea if there's a correlation there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I am having the period from hell. Can I tell you how many times I have overflowed my cup in the past 30 hours? FOUR TIMES. And each time, it was in for less than six hours. I need like a supersized DivaCup.

Smoothie, sorry to hear that the cup was linked to your cramps! I get nasty cramps when I use tampons (which is part of why I put off getting a cup for so long, because I figured it'd do the same thing... but it doesn't) so I sympathize!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:24 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Chipmunk wrote:
I think cervix position is definitely a factor. My cervix is lower the first two or so days, so the cup will start leaking before it's completely full. And that's with a cup that's not as tall as the diva cup.

For the record, I think the age recommendations regarding size can be way off. I bleed to much for the small ones and, like baps said, it starts to hurt when you have to empty them all the time. So I got a larger size after about two months (early 20s, no kids) and had no issues whatsoever. I'm above average height; no idea if there's a correlation there.

This is interesting. I have one of the smaller diva cups, and must have quite light periods because the cup doesn't ever get full - even on day 1-2 after 12 hours or so it's generally only a bit over half. But it frequently leaks slightly (throughout my period), though like buttercup not enough to really bother me, just enough that I'd stick to liners or at least black underwear. I wonder if a shorter cup would help, since diva cups are supposed to be one of the longer ones (both sizes), and I don't really seem to need the larger volume. Though I guess it's a matter of whether a lower cervix would be breaking the seal or actually displacing liquid - if the latter then I don't see why it should still leak on really light days.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 am 

The average period is apparently about 36mls. I'm at the heavy end of the spectrum. There seems to be a lot of talk about cup height in the cup livejournal group, but I've never really looked at all of it. I don't know if the cup is just in a weird position before everything shifts farther up, but it's definitely harder to pull out towards the end.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:19 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Chipmunk wrote:
The average period is apparently about 36mls

Woah really? It was my first period since getting my IUD but my last one was around 160ml, my moon cup was totally full every 2 hours for the 1st two days!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 am 

I can only find a paper that says 30-40 mls of blood right now and it's hard to say how much of the fluid is actually blood. If it bothers you, there are drugs you can take to reduce bleeding (link). There are a few reports of vitamin E helping with heavy blood loss associated with IUD use, but I don't know how good they are since I can only find the abstracts (link 1, link 2). I'm waiting on the results of my ferritin test to see if I'm losing too much iron.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I've always heard the number as being about 2 tbsps, or 1 fl oz, which is pretty close to 30 ml.

I am seriously up to almost 4 fl oz this period and I think I'm going to just check in with my OB/GYN about it. There's been a fibroid hanging off one of my ovaries for years, but the last time I had it ultrasounded was over a year ago and my doctor did tell me that it might suddenly get a lot bigger. And big fibroids can definitely fork up your period.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:23 am 
Nailed to the V

do tons of people go 8 hours or more without having to empty their cup? on the first two days, i have to empty mine every couple of hours to be sure i don't overflow. that is, i don't overflow EVERY two hours but definitely fill it up a significant amount in that time, and have had it overflow two hours after emptying it before. *sigh* definitely can't make it all the way through the night without spills the first night, but then that's always been true for me, even when i was using super heavy tampons + overnight pads.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:27 am 

Ibuprofen got rid of my early-morning spills. I'd definitely get any unexplained increases in flow or periods that are generally heavy enough to be a major nuisance checked out and consider treatment options. I fell for the "You can leave the cup in all day" line in the beginning. Of course, I didn't really know that other people don't soak through a super tampon in 1.5 hours. My record was three full cups in 1.5 hours because of some major clot action.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:24 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

electric_claire wrote:
do tons of people go 8 hours or more without having to empty their cup? on the first two days, i have to empty mine every couple of hours to be sure i don't overflow. that is, i don't overflow EVERY two hours but definitely fill it up a significant amount in that time, and have had it overflow two hours after emptying it before. *sigh* definitely can't make it all the way through the night without spills the first night, but then that's always been true for me, even when i was using super heavy tampons + overnight pads.

While I empty mine a couple of times a day just because it seems like a good idea, I think I could go more than a day and still not risk it overflowing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Outside of my heavy days I generally only empty it three times - when I wake up, when I get off work, and when I go to bed. Towards the end I'll only do it twice a day. Some cycles I love my cup, some cycles I hate it. Like when I was riding my bike to work and turned to look behind me and felt a pop and just knew the seal broke. Bloody khaki pants at work are not fun people!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

I have a lunette (almost 4 years yeah!) and I can't imagine my life without it. Thought I lost my cup on a transnational flight two years ago and flipped the fork out. I've worn my cup everywhere: kickboxing, spin class, yoga, pilates, running, whatever. not a drop. It's amazing. I'm going to have to get a new one soon but I converted two of my friends, my cousin and my mom to cups so you know they're great.

Preaching to the choir, of course. ;D

I actually found my usage changing, I used to change it every 3-4 hours for the first two days of my period but now I can go 8 hours - 10 hours without changing my cup throughout my period (so I change twice - three times a day) and I didn't leak too badly (moderate spotting but a cloth pad can handle that).

Catalina wrote:
Like when I was riding my bike to work and turned to look behind me and felt a pop and just knew the seal broke. Bloody khaki pants at work are not fun people!

Oh no!! That sounds beyond horrible! *hug*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:11 am 

So, I'm not anaemic but my ferritin is only just in the normal range, so losing four cups a day obviously isn't great for your iron stores (even though it's been less for a few months now and there seems to be quite a bit of variability in terms of how much blood that actually is).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:16 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but ways to fold menstrual cups: http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/453392.html
I was having trouble with the suction and the punch-down fold seems to work well for me.

Tweet me @meansoybean

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next