| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My PMS has changed on new BC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I am finishing up my first month on Yaz. I switched to it from Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO to deal with my serious PMDD. I never suffered from much of the physical symptoms of PMDD aside from the bloating and exhaustion, but the emotional stuff had me by the throat. It was horrible. I'm happy to report that I'm smack in the middle of the week that usually has me crying, screaming and in general manic hysteria and I'm okay. I cried but that was because I was so happy not to be in that terrible emotional place.

But...there's been a downside, of course. While I seem to have gotten rid of a lot of the emotional stuff, I think I'm suffering from the physical PMS symptoms. I rarely ever had cramps and I'd all but forgotten what they felt like until this week. I'm still not sure if I have a stomach flu or if this is period stuff, because I've had some nausea and vomiting. Does anyone else have that with their period? It doesn't seem like a typical period thing, but I could be wrong since I've rarely had to deal with physical symptoms over the last 10 years since I've been on hormonal BC.

Post subject: Re: My PMS has changed on new BC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:44 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I'm not an expert on PMS but I definitely have friends who experience nausea and vomiting. There might be some people on here who have suffered the same thing. I'd probably stick with it for a few more cycles and see if that's what's making you feel this way. If it's really bad and you can't work because of it, get to the doc.
Hope you're feeling better soon. <3