| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nose Piercings?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I did it!!! I was out celebrating my birthday with my favorite ppker Ms. Bunzofcinnamon and just went for it! I have a little star shaped stud in that I'm very stoked on. It didn't hurt too much, you know, just a pinch, but I think I broke Bunzofcinnamon's fingers anyway.

Thanks for all the insight you guys!! I'm reall glad I did it!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:08 am 
Double double, toil and trouble

Pics!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 am 
Naked Under Apron

jojo wrote:
happyfaced wrote:
you know, that happened to my navel piercing - it got a keyloid (scar tissue type stuff that looked like a small cyst) and then when i had mine stretched out for another gauge it went away.

Sorry to be all annoying but if it went away it was not a keloid scar, keloid scarring is permanent. You probably had hypertrophic scarring which is often confused with keloids, hypertrophic scarring goes away eventually & can be caused by irritations at the entrance and / or exit points of a piercing.

no worries at all! it didn't go away completely - it just greatly decreased in size. it wasn't puffy anymore and just kinda laid flat - but it wasn't as big and cyst-like anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:54 am 
Naked Under Apron

so awesome!!!!!! pictures, indeed!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I can post a picture tomorrow I think!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

I got a little bump around my nostril piercing when it was healing. A bit of tea tree oil and sea salt soaks cleared it up in a jiffy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:28 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

In reference to the snot situation : I had booger problems with screw-type jewelry in my nostril for the five years or so I wore it, but switching to a labret post fixed the issue. It's a pain to get in and out, but the inside piece is a very small small flat disc which doesn't leave boogers much space to hang out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:25 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I have a problem with my tragus piercing and did a search, and this thread is kind of relevant to my problem, so here goes:

I got my tragus pierced in November. The piercer used a needle and everything went well. My ear healed up and I had absolutely no problems. The piercer even asked me to come back twice for a checkup to make sure everything was going well.

On Saturday I went back to get the piercing switched out for a ring (the original was the barbell kind, but with one flat end). The guy putting the ring in was a bit rough, but it felt ok afterwards. But then on Monday, my ear hurts and I notice this small purple bump directly on top of the pierced hole. Is this most likely a keloid? Is there anything I can do about it? I want to go back to my piercer on Saturday, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help this bump go away in the meantime...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:32 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

catfish wrote:
I have a problem with my tragus piercing and did a search, and this thread is kind of relevant to my problem, so here goes:

I got my tragus pierced in November. The piercer used a needle and everything went well. My ear healed up and I had absolutely no problems. The piercer even asked me to come back twice for a checkup to make sure everything was going well.

On Saturday I went back to get the piercing switched out for a ring (the original was the barbell kind, but with one flat end). The guy putting the ring in was a bit rough, but it felt ok afterwards. But then on Monday, my ear hurts and I notice this small purple bump directly on top of the pierced hole. Is this most likely a keloid? Is there anything I can do about it? I want to go back to my piercer on Saturday, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help this bump go away in the meantime...

Hey, please go to your piercer ASAP and let him have a look at it.
I put too much pressure on one side of my industrial while it was still healing (possibly from sleeping on that side), and now I have a permanent bump. They told me that if I'd had it checked when it was still fresh, they could have done something to make it go away.

Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:33 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

catfish wrote:

it probably just agravated. I would treat it like a new piercing: sea salt scrubs and a bit of tea tree oil will probably clear it up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Adah wrote:
catfish wrote:

it probably just agravated. I would treat it like a new piercing: sea salt scrubs and a bit of tea tree oil will probably clear it up.

thanks, yeah i've been doing that. hope it's enough!