| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Condoms not vegan?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:14 am 
Huffs Nooch

I got some I think were Pasante in the UK.

They smell like inner tubes. Urgh.

Post subject: Re: ~
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

LaLadyVeg wrote:
Ah I also just had to start dealing with this issue. The bf and I have been using Trojan Magnums and I can't justify having casein up my vagina. Last year some time I found a company called Fusion Condom based out of the UK that claim to be vegan but they don't distribute to the US. When I emailed them asking about where to buy them they sent me about 50 free condoms out of sympathy I supposed since I can't buy them. They only had "Regular" size but they did come in plain and also flavors. Either way I can't use that company due to not having a larger size.

I just did my research on Glyde Condoms and I read that they run a bit small and some people even said the Maxi (the "roomier" size) is probably what a regular size Trojan condom size is similar to. I ordered them anyway off of VeganEssencials ($9.95 for a 12 pack with $6.00 s/h) so I will get back to you ladies and gentlemen who luckily also need a Magnum sized vegan condom!
http://store.veganessentials.com/glyde-vegan-condoms-p1105.aspx

There is also Sr. Richard's condoms. They are a new company, vegan and they donate condom for condom to countries in need of birth and disease control. My only issue is they are more expensive, I think they were ~ $13.00 for a 12 pack. They also have an extra large size. I'm gonna try these out after the Glyde ones are done.
http://sirrichards.com/

Well to update, the Glyde Maxi was definitely small. Probably the normal size for Trojan. The Sr. Richards I felt didn't have enough lube on them. Both of these brands though are sold at the Wholefoods in Philadelphia, PA.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:24 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Where can one buy larger sized condoms nowadays? It's actually been fine years since I've used condoms, so I really don't know where to look. The only large ones I could find were a pound each, and that's a but much when you only want a small number to see it they actually fit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I just emailed Fair Squared (UK company) to ask if their condoms are vegan. They say on their site they don't use any animal ingredients in their products, but sell a lip balm with beeswax.

ETA: delivery failure! Figures.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

Gulliver wrote:
Where can one buy larger sized condoms nowadays? It's actually been fine years since I've used condoms, so I really don't know where to look. The only large ones I could find were a pound each, and that's a but much when you only want a small number to see it they actually fit.

Sir Richards are my favorite and they've fit my larger mates quite well. Just make sure to get the large size. Also, I'm not sure about where/if they sell in the UK.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

cidersmurfette wrote:
I got some I think were Pasante in the UK.

They smell like inner tubes. Urgh.
And they feel like you're shagging in a crisp packet.

Sigh...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:07 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Can you get SKYN in the UK? Or ordered online from amazon? They make a large, and I've heard really good things about those. I haven't used them yet, just got them and am still trying to find someone to use them with (grumble), so we'll see!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:26 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mars wrote:
Can you get SKYN in the UK? Or ordered online from amazon? They make a large, and I've heard really good things about those. I haven't used them yet, just got them and am still trying to find someone to use them with (grumble), so we'll see!
Hitch a ride to England, we can review them together!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:41 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

*smirk*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 pm 
Tofu Pup

I don't know if any of you shop online (or if you're able too) at Babeland. They offer two types of Vegan condoms that I am sure about which one has been mentioned several times which is the Glyde Condoms and the other one is the Birds N' Bees Condoms, both of those are vegan, plus when you buy online at Babeland they do a lot of promotions so you can usually get a good discount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:34 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

A while back I asked TheyFit condoms, who do made to measure ones, if they used casein. They said it depended which batch it was and what size was needed but they were would get back to me if there were any developments. They haven't got back to me yet, but it might be worth asking if they'd do a custom batch without in your size if you need a non-standard size, as the whole point of the company is trying to suit individual customers.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Wino wrote:
I don't know if any of you shop online (or if you're able too) at Babeland. They offer two types of Vegan condoms that I am sure about which one has been mentioned several times which is the Glyde Condoms and the other one is the Birds N' Bees Condoms, both of those are vegan, plus when you buy online at Babeland they do a lot of promotions so you can usually get a good discount.

I was NOT a fan of Glyde. They were just, I don't know, not good.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2