| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sleepy People
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Maybe you're low on vitamin D? I was just diagnosed with a deficiency and I read that being tired frequently was a sign of this. I haven't been on the supplements long enough to see if I have any more energy from them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Aubade, the answer is to just keep having babies! Then it'll never wear off!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 pm 
Inflexitarian

appifanie wrote:
assilembob wrote:
Have you ever had all of your thyroid hormones checked? This recently upset my universe...because I was once hypothyroid, then went "normal" and then it all crashed and I became useless for about 4 months til I finally found a doctor who tested all three/four levels.

3 or 4 levels? I've had 2 thyroid tests but I think each one only tested for 1, maybe 2 things. And I currently can't get decent, competent doctors - boo. I'll try though!

I found my blood work papers and it's T3, T4 and TSH. They need to test all of those to get an accurate picture supposedly. I was only being tested for TSH or T3 before. It was always one or the other...no one ever looked at the whole picture. It's rocked my world, I knew I had a problem but didn't know it was even remotely this serious. They're talking about possibly having to take it out in a few years. It's definitely something to ask and check on. Especially if you also have weight problems and a host of other insane things going on.

*supposedly it can also cause short term memory issues and that's a major factor for me. I can't remember things from day to day at times.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:21 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

assilembob wrote:
appifanie wrote:
assilembob wrote:
Have you ever had all of your thyroid hormones checked? This recently upset my universe...because I was once hypothyroid, then went "normal" and then it all crashed and I became useless for about 4 months til I finally found a doctor who tested all three/four levels.

3 or 4 levels? I've had 2 thyroid tests but I think each one only tested for 1, maybe 2 things. And I currently can't get decent, competent doctors - boo. I'll try though!

I found my blood work papers and it's T3, T4 and TSH. They need to test all of those to get an accurate picture supposedly. I was only being tested for TSH or T3 before. It was always one or the other...no one ever looked at the whole picture. It's rocked my world, I knew I had a problem but didn't know it was even remotely this serious. They're talking about possibly having to take it out in a few years. It's definitely something to ask and check on. Especially if you also have weight problems and a host of other insane things going on.

*supposedly it can also cause short term memory issues and that's a major factor for me. I can't remember things from day to day at times.

That soudns familiar. I shall attempt to nag.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c