All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hungry Days
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yay for low stress! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:02 pm 
Huffs Nooch

i also find when i get really tired or run down from life just being crazy and non-stop my appetite gets a little harder control. i've read that sleep has a lot to do with the production of the chemical in your body that tells you you're satiated, or something along those lines.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:34 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Guys, it's not necessarily about controlling your appetite. If it is cycling, rather than steadily increasing or decreasing, it's probably a normal and healthy response to day-to-day caloric expenditure. If you're eating because you're hungry, not eating despite the fact that you're not hungry, chances are, your body could use some more food.

Eating is good and healthy and necessary. Don't forget it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

jordanpattern wrote:
Guys, it's not necessarily about controlling your appetite. If it is cycling, rather than steadily increasing or decreasing, it's probably a normal and healthy response to day-to-day caloric expenditure. If you're eating because you're hungry, not eating despite the fact that you're not hungry, chances are, your body could use some more food.

Absolutely! I was gonna say something like this but you said it perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 am 
Huffs Nooch

jordanpattern wrote:

sorry i didn't really mean control my appetite, i guess i just meant not eat more than i need, because believe me, sometimes i really just want to eat way more than i need...just becuase i want to. eating way too much more than you need too often really isn't necessarily healthy either. i love eating and definitely do so. i was just saying that when i get really tired or run down i tend to overeat more often and feel my fullness signals less.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:47 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

This thread made me hungry!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:19 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I just eat when this happens. I figure it's normal.

I eat whatever feels good. Usually I'm back to normal by the morning!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:25 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i have days like this. sometimes they're hormone related, sometimes not. generally, i just try to eat lots of healthy snacks in between meals on those days, and try to eat a bit more protein than normal. those are the days i bust out the nuts and nut butters. (i generally don't like/crave them, but on those 'hungry all the time' days, they're like a cure-all.) it does even out though. i'd say that 8 out of 10 days, my hunger level is about the same (i eat 3 meals and a couple snacks), but 1 of those days i'm ravenous, and the other one, i'm just kind of 'meh' about food. i'm having one of those days today actually. i ate my 3 meals, but no snacks. and no second helpings, like i sometimes have. which really sucks, honestly, because i have a lot of leftovers that need eating.

i could use a hungry day right about now!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:06 pm 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

I had like 3 hungry days in a row last week, but I was also on my period. It doesn't happen every period, but I noticed when I have those days where I can't stop eating and I'm always hungry, it's around my period.
I just roll with it, I ate healthy food just a lot more than usual. I only got a craving for chocolate once after dinner, but not just any chocolate it had to have some crunchiness so I ate some, well a little more than I should. Meh. Back to normal this week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:34 pm 
Dildo Queen

Hapax Legomenon wrote:
On those sorts of days, it usually turns out that my body wants a certain fruit or veggie. When I track down that specific food and eat a serving or two, I'm no longer crazy ravenous. It works almost every time. So perhaps a diet shakeup on those days might help?

yeah, this - i think your body is just craving something in particular.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:49 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm having one right now. I ate a decent breakfast and lunch and my stomach feels like a huge empty knot. What gives?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

In my house, this is called "the hungry horrors". It happens to all of us once in a while. We announce to the rest of the house "I have the hungry horrors today!" and then eat 17 meals in one day. It's awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 am 
Chip Strong

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
In my house, this is called "the hungry horrors". It happens to all of us once in a while. We announce to the rest of the house "I have the hungry horrors today!" and then eat 17 meals in one day. It's awesome.

I'm using this from now on, because it is great.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

I love this!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

i get hungry days. usually i think it's because i didn't get enough sleep or didn't sleep well, so i try to take a nap. not always -- sometimes i'm just hungry all day with no real reason. but i think it all evens out. the next few days, i am not that hungry.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:42 am 
Baking In The Flavor

This definitely happens to me. I often have super hungry days and not so hungry days. On my hungry days, I try to make a big smoothie with some sort of protein/vitamin powder and some supplements so I make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need (since I could be super hungry because my body wants a specific something). I also find that eating greens (like kale) helps me to feel satisfied because it's so nutrient-dense. Quinoa as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:56 am 
Tofu Pup

i have days like that... most of the time i find it's because my mouth is just bored ... i like eating grapes or ryvita crackers to keep my mouth busy.... LOL....
something else that halps with the constant hunger.... eating a bit of an umeboshi plum.. the intense saltiness and sourness usually makes it go away...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 am 
Huffs Nooch

peanut buuttteeeer and a sppooon fix so many problems. And don't be skimpy with it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Fatigue releases the hungry hormone/s apparently. I get these days regularly, the worst ones tend to be connected to my migraines. It's why I put so much weight on when I was really ill. Salads just wouldn't cut it for me, I need heavy, filling foods and carbs, lots and lots of carbs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:14 am 
Huffs Nooch

That's true that it's worse when tired. You get that awful sugar/carbs craving? When I get that I try my best to have porridge or something filling and low on sugar for breakfast- or I'll be up and down and hungry all day. But usually I end up on biscuits and cakes by the end of the day anyway! Fruit just doesn't cut it when I'm really tired.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am 
Huffs Nooch

thats what i was trying to explain earlier in this thread. your body doesn't produce as much of a certain chemical in your body that sends the signal to your brain that you're full so when your tired you tend to want to eat more.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:03 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

The weather does it to me. If the temperature suddenly drops, I pull a chair up to the fridge. Like I need to pack it on for hibernation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:13 pm 

sugarcookie wrote:
The weather does it to me. If the temperature suddenly drops, I pull a chair up to the fridge. Like I need to pack it on for hibernation.

yes. an ex of mine used to call this putting on his 'winterfat'. he'd do it on purpose, when it started to get cold.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:01 pm 

Today was definitely one of those days for me, I had a bowl of soup for supper and some fruit, then a half of a bagel, then some sushi, then a banana. And I'm still not really satiated. It's annoying, but I guess my appetite fluctuates naturally from day to day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:00 am 
Huffs Nooch

I had a hungry week where I baked biscuits twice- just to eat them all. But today I've pretty much just had fruit and veg and been fine. (Smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch.) Odd.

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2