| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Body Positivity thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been through a lot of shiitake with the way I look, and I've actually gotten to a point in my life where I am kind of okay with myself.
anyway, I've been hearing a lot of people talking shiitake about the way the look, and I wanted to have a thread where you have to be nice to yourself.

Back when I was younger, and having some trouble with an eating disorder my mom would call me and wouldn't leave me alone until I told her three things I liked about myself (physically, because of the problems I was having.) and even though at the time I was annoyed with it, it was actually kind of helpful and it was really good for me to pull myself out of the endless self hate spiral even for a couple minutes.

So I want to do that to you guys, ppk.
Tell me three things you like about yourself physically. do it. please.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Post subject: Re: Body Positivity thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:07 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I spent years hating my body, and have only recently got to the point where I can look in the mirror and think "you know what, you look okay".

Three things -

I like my small wrists
I like my hair
I like my height

I think this is an excellent idea for a thread - we all need to feel positive about our selves.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:17 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I love this idea, boober! Everyone should participate, it feels good to say "you know what, I do like things about my body". This could be extended into another thread about liking ourselves as a person, because I think people can get down on themselves about that too.

Anyway, I also have had problems with what I looked like for most of my life thanks to my parents. It's been a few years since then and now I'm almost completely comfortable with what I look like.
Three things: I finally like my fantastic butt (fork you mom, it's not too big), I like my eyes, and I like my skin even with all it's freckles, spots and scars.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Love it.
I like my eyes - they are a weird shade of bright green.
I have a mole on my left arm that is perfectly oval-shaped and adorable. I'm pretty attached to it.
I have awesome hair.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm 
Dead by dawn

I like my height. It's taken awhile to get there because my mom is 5'10" and growing up I always took it for granted that I'd be 5'10" too. I was bitter for a long time about being "only" 5'8" but now I think it's a good height. I kind of like not towering over too many men but still being tall(ish).

I like my eyes. They're green with some golden brown right around my pupils and I think they're pretty even if no one ever compliments them.

I like my abs. You can't see them right now, but I know they are there and I know that they respond really well to toning. I hope to be able to see them again one day, but for now they are keeping me upright and moving and I'm going to need that strong core to get into better overall shape.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:37 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I like my boobs. They're big and soft. I feel bad for people who don't get to touch my boobs, which is everyone except me.

I like my hair now. I got it cut recently and it just looks nice.

I like my left eyeball, the top part is green and the bottom part is blue but no one notices until I point it out so I'll never be self conscious about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

superherogirl wrote:
Love it.
I like my eyes - they are a weird shade of bright green.
I have a mole on my left arm that is perfectly oval-shaped and adorable. I'm pretty attached to it.
I have awesome hair.

I love the mole on my right hand. I thought I was the only one with a weird attachment to a mole.

Aside from the mole, I like my weird bendy feet and my eyes. And boobs, they are somewhat large and sometimes annoying (bras are stupidly expensive), but I've learned to love them.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

In the years following recovering from anorexia, I worked hard to deny and banish every single thought that would arise regarding my being uncomfortable with my changing body. This worked in helping me avoid any eating disordered behavior, which was key for recovering, but it's actually quite comforting that now I can accept that on some days (such as today), I can feel not entirely comfortable with my body, and acknowledge it as a thought, because it's just that. Thoughts come and go.

I like being tall. I like being curvier than I ever was before. I like how my hair is finally coming in strong after being thin and brittle from years of unhealthiness. I like my complexion, and I really like the fine lines I'm starting to notice around my eyes. It's always been tough to find some love for my belly, but I am working hard at that every single day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:47 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I like my legs. In middle school I hated how muscular they looked. It annoyed me, but now I appreciate that they are toned and show how much work I put into tennis.

I like my eyes. They're supposed to be dark brown, but they look hazel most days and people are always telling me how pretty they are.

I like my hair. It's in a boycut and I really like knowing that I barely have to style it and I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:58 pm 
Inflexitarian

I like this thread!

I like my thighs and butt. They're strong from daily bike commutes over the past year and a half. It's also awesome that they get me places I want to be.

I like my leg hair. I haven't shaved in over 5 years, and my leg hair is longer than some dudes, and I'm bizarely into it.

I like the curve of my belly. This is something that I sometimes struggle with, and much as I hate to admit it it totally helps that my partner is into my belly. But I am mostly happy with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:27 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I've struggled with an ED too, and this kind of thing is really helpful. I used to try to look in the mirror every morning and say 3 things that I liked about how I looked. I'm going to try to make that a habit again.

I like that my feet are so tiny, even though I've broken my big toe and have a big lump sticking out that apparently won't go away.

I like the funny lumps my collar bones make in all my clothes because they stick out (not due to being underweight, they just seem too close to the surface of my skin)

I like teh, admittedly small, muscles in my arms when I work out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I like my thighs.
I like how I'm fairly good at physical things.
I like my broad shoulders.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can so relate. In times of stress I find it very hard not to slip back into negativity. So here I go:

I like my eyes - my irises can change colour from anything between a grassy green and a boring brown, and they have weird dark spots, like freckles.
I like my wrists - I can circle them with my thumb and pinky.
I like my eyebrows - they have a Morticia Addams like angle.

Oh, and I have a very funny mole between my left index and middle finger. It's tiny but awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:13 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I like my eyes
I like my hands
I like my boobs

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

This thread is full of amazing. Thank you, boober!

I like the stripe of brown in my right (green) eye, I like my curly hair, I like my very crooked smile.

Oh my, that felt great!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:37 pm 
Inflexitarian

Nice thread! I'm still working this issue but my partner is helping. (in fact she's encouraging me to apply to be a d20 girl this summer o.o; I really want to be one, just requires self confidence to apply!)

I love my arm muscles.
I love my boobs.
And I love my ears.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i like the fact that i am tall.
i like the feeling of rubbing my legs against each other when i've just shaved.
i like that when i smile, my entire face brighten up.
i like that my nails are strong and always have white tips.
i like the scar i have on my left hand from falling on my bike when i was a kid.
i like my hair, even though it's always messy and looks a bit weird.
i like that i can wear hats and it suits me.
i like my big lips.
i like my freckles.
i like my body's reaction to working out - how my muscles grow.
i like my nose.
i like my eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Boober, this thread is the best.

I like my teeth. They might be a little crooked, but they are very white and cavity-free.

I like my curves. It's taken me a whole lifetime of struggling with eating disorders, self-hate and horrible body image issues because I'm "bigger" than I want to be, but I finally appreciate my buff, curvy, healthy self. My boobs are like woah, and my hips are rockin'.

I love the shape of my face. For YEARS, I hated my face because it was kind of round. As I get older, my face becomes more heart shaped and makes me look youthful and jolly. Plus, my freckles are like brown confetti on my face. Yaaaay.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:02 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

katiejayne wrote:
superherogirl wrote:

I love the mole on my right hand. I thought I was the only one with a weird attachment to a mole.

Yay moles! I have a favorite mole, too. Mine is on my chest, like a beauty mark.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 pm 
Saggy Butt

Everybody sounds really pretty and interesting looking!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:09 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I know! I want to meet everyone in this thread now, to see and appreciate the things they do (and probably also the things they don't - I'm sure we'd find beauty in other people that they don't see in the mirror).

I like my eyes. They're a crazy pale blue-grey and really stand out because I have dark brown hair.
I like my boobs. I like that they're small enough that I don't have to wear a bra if I don't want to.
I like my thighs. It took me years to learn to love them, but they have hard- earned muscle from biking. I paid my rent and bills all fall delivering food on my bike, and have a newfound respect for the muscles that allowed me to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I like my lips and nose. most of the time i like how my belly is looking pregnant, it is amazing to watch it grow. i also like my hair and how my eyes sparkle when i am happy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:13 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

What a great thread. I am so, so happy to say that I am also at a point in my life where I want nothing more than to just be me. I still struggle but I really love myself.

I have great skin. It is very fair and porcelain-like.
I like being fairly tall (5'8"). I used to wish to be small and cute but now I really like towering over people when I wear heels.
I like my eyes. They are green and almond shaped and very expressive.
I like how strong I am getting from working out. It makes me feel very powerful when I see how I am more flexible, am able to lift more weights, and can go for longer times on the elliptical. I work out for my mental and physical health and it truly has nothing to do with weight loss. This is huge and awesome for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:26 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

littlebear wrote:
I like my lips and nose. most of the time i like how my belly is looking pregnant, it is amazing to watch it grow. i also like my hair and how my eyes sparkle when i am happy.

You have SUCH sparkly eyes. It was the first thing I noticed about you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I liked my hands. I used to always look at my mothers hands when I was little because she has such dainty, feminine hands with perfect shaped nails. Now I look at my hands, and though they are not quite my mothers, they are kinda pretty.

I like my eyes. They are big and brown and I have been complimented on them so that makes me feel good.

I like my back. It's long and I like the way it curves at my waist

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next