| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Positivity thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:10 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Man, my asparagus just will not quit these days. Nice work, me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:46 pm 
Saggy Butt

I have a dent in my leg and I think it's super cool. (I've just always had it and it's oddly comforting.)

My fingers are crooked from jamming them and damaging the tendons (I have mild boutonniere deformities in almost all of my fingers.) This means when I hold my fingers together it looks like a group of people of different heights taking a photo and all leaning in toward one another. I especially love this since the kid I tutored this summer was showing me how her fingers look like people (though not in the same way as mine) and we spent five minutes just comparing our finger people.

I also love my eyebrows because I can control them really well. The kid I used to babysit thought my "eyebrow dance" was hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:19 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Let me see ... I have an excellent smile, it is even, if that makes sense, very big blue eyes and my breasts appear to be the same size! who knew? but I read something about how they differ in size for many / most women but mine are the same and are of a good shape to make enticing cleavage when in evening dress.

but mainly for me, with having a 'progressive, incurable, crippling disease' I am still prancing this body around, walking everywhere ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:03 am 
Tofu Pup

This is AWESOME!

I am particularly partial to my boobs. I love that they are small and perky (unlike the rest of my body), they're a total anomaly from the rest of me.
I also love my legs, short and stocky and awesome. They're muscular and I can kick down a door (or the very least kick a hole through most doors) like a mule with them, which is awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:26 am 
WRETCHED

My breasts are definitely not the same size shape, not that the difference is huge, as much as I like symmetry, it doesn't matter to me :) I have been walking a lot and sometimes I tell myself "my legs are so strong, they carry me wherever I want to go." Legs are pretty amazing things and so are arms but I am proud that my legs carry me forward.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:01 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My arms are rad these days. They look kind of scrawny at first, but they are actually pretty muscular and I can haul heavy shiitake around a million times better than when I started my current job (that involves lots of heavy lifting). People are always trying to help me but I lift shiitake like a boss. I also have my favourite tattoos on my forearms, and honestly I don't mind that I constantly have cat scratches, gardening/orchard work wounds, and bite marks all over my hands. They remind me of my kitty.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:53 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

From lifting weights I can maybe give Beyoncé a run for her money in the booty dept. At first I kind of was all "aagh what is happening" but now I'm ready to rock it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 am 
Has gasoline in her veins

I just found my favorite push-up bra. DANGER DANGER.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:50 pm 
And you never will.

I went out for drinks for a friend's birthday tonight and had TWO different totally random people come up to tell me they loved my hair. fork yeah my hair is awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

poopiebitch wrote:
I went out for drinks for a friend's birthday tonight and had TWO different totally random people come up to tell me they loved my hair. fork yeah my hair is awesome.

I'm sort of surprised that you are not constantly flanked by folks complementing your hair.

I have been doing the 100 pushup program and, guys the gunshow is open.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I started biking to work this week. Last summer I used almost the same route to get to my summer job, and the difference in my fitness from last summer is really obvious! I started running in October, and with a point of comparison like this I can really see results. Feels great!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:28 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I think my eyes are pretty nice. I've had them complimented before which really meant a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:37 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm so glad the weather is warm now so I can wear tank tops and show off my shoulders.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:52 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My legs are strong as fork. This is nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:09 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I've been running and biking a lot and my legs are getting to be so muscular!

Also when I brush my teeth I end up checking out my arm muscles in the bathroom mirror.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I love how dark my knees get in the summer, and how pale the knee hair gets. It's so amusing to me, but happens every year, for some reason my tan gets super dark there, super fast, and the hair bleaches itself. It's my favorite thing.

Also, shirtless summer times is awesome. Your welcome, everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:28 am 
Impressive boner

My sister sent me some photos she'd had taken at work because she wasn't happy with them. My immediate reaction was "She looks so sweet! Why is she unhappy when she's so cute?!" and then started to see how much we look alike.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:52 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

8ball wrote:
My sister sent me some photos she'd had taken at work because she wasn't happy with them. My immediate reaction was "She looks so sweet! Why is she unhappy when she's so cute?!" and then started to see how much we look alike.

I am always amazed by how many people, myself included, think they look horrible in pictures when they look perfect. I still can't ever see it in my own photos, but I remind myself how many times I've been so weirded out by someone not marvelling at their own good looks.

This summer, I'm warming up to my weird skinny 12-year-old boy biking on some dirt hills legs. They are so ridiculously un-feminine, and are scarred and scratched at ALL times from bug bites and scratching and various incidents usually to do with me walking into things and falling on my bike, but they are my weird legs. I also don't have to shave ever and get away with it because the hairs are so fine and sparse and blonde that they are mostly invisible to the eye. My weirdo legs are excited to get out of their tights for the summer, and even though I'm tall I can get away with really short skirts because with no bum and weird legs I'm not going to look inappropriate or turn any heads (something I'd rather not do).

It feels great to take ownership of characteristics that are not considered ideal!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:22 am 
Inflexitarian

vijita, i think your scratched bug bitten legs are probably awesome, because they are a testament to you going out and doing fun and awesome things in the world, like riding your bike and walking around your beautiful rural landscape! i love summer times when you can feel like an 8 year old scrabbling around the woods and whatnot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:04 am 
And you never will.

I woke up feeling so inexplicably good about my body this morning. I've been so down on myself lately, but today I'm like "fork it! my body is awesome!" and then I had an underwear dance-party for one in my living room. My whole life I've been told that fat can never be beautiful (and therefor *I* can never be beautiful, because I've never not been fat), but damn. If my lumpy body, that has travelled across oceans, has grown and birthed a bad-ass human being, that takes me to see great shows, makes and eats delicious foods, and dances around my living room in its underwear isn't beautiful, then I don't know what is. Rock on, body!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:08 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Aw, Poopie. That's awesome. I hope I feel that way about my body today, too. Maybe I should go dance in my underpants.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:14 am 
And you never will.

I highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Pretty sure everyone in this thread should rock out in their underpants. Rock on, poopie!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:09 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I feel so much prettier since I cut loads of my hair off.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:33 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

The other day I was wearing a tank top and I was like, damn my shoulders are looking awesome. And then for the rest of the day whenever I caught my reflection I would check them out.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next