| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I've been having trouble drinking too much water recently (lithium) to the point where I am feeling sick because I am so full of water and still thirsty, so I called my GP and while she will be doing a U&E to check my salts, she just advised lucozade sport. She said I could take dioralyte or something if I wanted but they had the same as the lucozade but just tasted gross.

crepe! That is so hard. I hate, hate, hate the thirst meds give.

Totally didn't think of the too much water not enough salt side at all since it isn't something I've had a problem with before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good gs! Im glad its working.

Im kind of excited to weigh in next week. I worked out really hard 4 days this week. It felt great. Lets just hope my food intake this weekend doesnt throw it all away. The weekends are the hardest for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:59 am 
Semen Strong

After a week back on track, I lost 3 lbs!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm 
And you never will.

Wow, that's great Tofulish! Good for you!

I've discovered that when I want a salty snack, I can get away with eating 3-4 hot and spicy dill pickle slices. They're loaded with sodium of course, but they're only about 1 calorie each and they somehow satisfy the craving without me eating half a bag of potato chips (which, let's face it, would have even more sodium).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 pm 
Tofu Pup

poopiebitch wrote:
I prepped a week's worth of green smoothies last night and put them in individual bags in the freezer, so all I have to do is put a cup of water and a bag of frozen fruit/veg in the Vitamix (along with some optional flaxseed) and blend. I had one this morning and I already feel better! SO yummy and I'm excited that I can have a green smoothie every morning with no excuses because the work is already done.

Green smoothies are the best :D My standard is OJ, banana, date, spinach and flaxseed - what's yours?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm down 6kg since the start of the year, and an inch off my waist :) It's exciting cause it's healthy lifestyle changes (cooking at home, green smoothies, exercise) rather than the last time which was not eating enough cause I was crazy busy with prac. I've always been bigger, and my late 20s mean that bouncing back from a week of bad eating is harder. I'm trying to balance accepting myself with wanting to be my healthiest, sometimes it's hard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didnt lose 1 forking pound! So annoyed.

Ive been doing smoothies for breakfast. Hemp protein, soy milk, kale, frozen banana, frozen blueberries, frozen orange slices and some maple syrup. Not the greatest tasting smoothie ever and my blender is cheap so not that smooth either. But Im trying to get as much greens in me as I can. I miss my chocolate vega so much but its just too damn expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:58 pm 
And you never will.

happypiggies wrote:
Green smoothies are the best :D My standard is OJ, banana, date, spinach and flaxseed - what's yours?

This last week I've done a combo of apple, pear, banana, green grapes, and lots of spinach, with a splash of lemon juice. They're SO good! And I bought a ton of organic grapes at Whole Foods when they were on sale, so I'm going to bulk prep and freeze some more in a couple of days for next week. I think I'll pick up some kale and do a mix of spinach and kale!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:04 am 
Ninja Master

After a holiday and going away for work and then another week off I was dreading getting on the scales but I am actually the same as before my holiday. So yay. But I still have a lot to loose that I put back on over the last couple of years.

I'm trying to get myself into a gym routine. I went swimming this morning before work and tomorrow morning I plan to do day 3 of w3 couch to 5k, as I've already done days 1 & 2 this week when I was off.

I've been eating better this week too and putting everything into MFP. I'm not stressing if I'm under or over my calorie goal for the day, as long as it's not too far either way.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:31 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

daisychain wrote:
Yay! Milestone reached! My jeans fit me again! I wore them this evening for a while so I am thrilled.

Belated congrats!!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Yummy breakfast green smoothie: 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp ground flax, 2 cups spinach, 2 small bananas, 2 tbsp raisins (which are amazing at smoothie sweetening)

I bought a new scale because the other one was just batso crazy. This one is much better so far (knock on wood). I don't get too hung up on numbers - I just want my shorts from 2 summers ago to fit - but checking in every morning helps me. Also, I've been tracking the weights in my period tracker app instead of myfitness pal because it gives me a nice graph range

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:54 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Alright, I'm jumping back on the weight loss train. It's summer and I feel so uncomfortable wearing cute summer clothes and bathing suits. I'm tracking in MFP and trying not to go crazy on the peanut butter (my nemesis!).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:11 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

132.2lbs. Up a fraction but nothing really when I haven't been as active since I've been off work for over 2 weeks. It is after getting quite warm here so I've a bit of that heat bloat going on too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:36 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

The video from a British television show an hour long, but it is fascinating and packed with useful, verified by science information for losing fat without starving yourself

http://vimeo.com/18339967

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 pm 
Semen Strong

Back on track and I've gone down to 130. I'd love to lose 15lbs more, but am so grateful to be back into size 4 - 6 clothes. I was up to a size 12 before I got pregnant. I am really short, so although the sizes sound small, they look pretty huge on someone who is under 5' tall. Dr Fuhrman's chart has me as being an ideal 98lbs, which is completely not possible for me. When I mentioned that to my NP, she said that was ridiculous (bless her!). Also, I would have to get to 120 to not be "overweight" for my BMI. But at the moment, I am just grateful to not be in the obese range any longer.

I really appreciated j-dub's advice upthread about eating normally and still enjoying food, and not feeling bad if you eat more than you want, because that keeps your body from going into starvation mode and actually helps you lose weight in the long run. That has been true for me and has gone a long way to helping me not beat up on myself for slip-ups

I wish I had time to go to the gym, because in the past, the weight has come off so much easier when I can work out. Still, long walks and toddler chasing seems to be helping!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Admins, please delete my last post before this ( better ) one.

The link below goes to a video following a British medical journalist along on his investigation of weight loss techniques verified to work by science.

1. Don’t skip meals, particularly breakfast
2. Eat from smaller plates and containers
3. Count calories, substitute lower calorie versions of foods you otherwise would have eaten
4. Keep a written log of what you eat, for everything you eat, no exceptions
Increase your protein intake to be at least 10% more of your daily calorie intake
5. Eat more blended soups
6. Beware that a variety of foods or foods that you haven’t had in a while can trigger you to eat more
7. Eat high calcium foods with high fat foods
8. Exercise is more important for the calories it urns after you stop exercising
9. Increase your activity level in frequent and small ways when not exercising, no matter how small
10. Increase your activity level in frequent and small ways when not exercising, no matter how small

Many of these tips are familiar, but the investigations in the video as to why they work are not and are very inspiring to watch.

I found the segment on item 4 to be particularly interesting as laments about slow metabolisms are quite common. A British celebrity who has been overweight all of her life despite exercising and "eating healthy" volunteered to keep a video and a written journal of what she ate. The clinicians also gave her "doubly labeled water" to drink, water that contained isotopes which would allow the clinicians tell how many calories she ate and how many calories she expended.

The clinicians discovered that the British celebrity did not have a slow metabolism, but a very average one......she could burn up to 2000 calories a day. The clinicians also discovered she grossly underestimated her caloric intake despite the food diaries. In other words she remained overweight most of her life, despite trying to lose weight, because she ate more than she thought she was eating.

What The Science Says About Weight Loss Techniques

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:42 pm 
Semen Strong

So I had a superhappy experience clothes shopping today! My clothes are a bit too big for me, so I went to get another pair of pants, and it turns out that I can buy a size 4 straight off the rack again. It has been about 4 years since I could do that. Everything I tried on fit, and I didn't hate the experience of clothes shopping - it was fun! I bought a few things, and had to restrain myself from buying everything that fit.

I still have 10lbs or so to go, but the last time I was able to fit in this size was 2008. In 2009, when I got married, I got married in a suit that was a size 12. At my biggest I was 178lbs while pregnant and 164bs after giving birth. SO I have lost nearly 50lbs from my top weight ever and 34 from my top postpartum. I threw out all my size 0 - size 2 clothes last year, and now I wonder if I'm going to be able to get back there!

I am just feeling really happy at the moment. I am not restricting at all and still eat lots of ice-cream and pizza and other yummy food, just with some moderation and more listening to what my body needs. I had a really big scare a few weeks ago, because I had chest congestion and started to feel like I was having a heart attack, and then I realized that with my cholesterol and triglycerides as high as they are, being overweight puts me at risk for not getting to spend as much time as I would like with Leela, and it really kickstarted my motivation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Blergh. I took the long weekend off from really aiming at my calorie goals because I wanted to just relax and enjoy the holiday and a pizza party with friends and stuff. While I'm sure that it is in part due to period related weight fluctuations and isn't all genuine gain, I am irritated to report that my weight fluctuated upwards by six freaking pounds since Wednesday.

Also, I've been food tracking for a little over a month now. (Thanks, MyFitnessPal, for telling me that it'd been 30 days!) What I'm seeing is that while I am very consistently hitting my target calories (after figuring in exercise), my weight's not moving. So I'm thinking either I need to adjust my target calories further downward--something I don't want to do because I'm getting pretty close to a number that's been problematic for me in the past in terms of setting off troublesome behaviors. Or I could stop logging my exercise, and maybe up my calorie goal a bit more to compensate for that, and see how that works.

Don't you just sometimes wish you could just snap your fingers and weight loss would just happen? It's annoying because I know if I keep working at this steadily, making adjustments as I go, I'll get where I need to be. But the day to day of it is so tedious and boring sometimes, and the results are so sloooooow to show up.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

These past few weeks have been crepe! Every time I try to increase my workout level my body objects. I want to move on from walking and start doing some circuit training and heavier workouts. But man, my joints give me hell when I do that. And my wrist after being broken last year and now having a plate and screws in it, just does not like any floor exercises at all. I'm trying to stay super positive over here. But I'm annoyed. No weight loss other than the 5 pounds I lost at the very beginning.

What's everyone eating these days? I'm still struggling with food too. Especially over the holiday weekend, I did not do well at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 am 
And you never will.

I'm sorry, GK! Not being able to exercise the way/amount you want must be really frustrating.

I didn't do well over the holiday weekend either. I stopped tracking my food and just ate whatever I wanted for like five days straight. Somehow I managed to maintain my weight (I was sure I would have gained at least a couple of pounds), but it's still frustrating because I feel like I've wasted the progress I could have made in that time. Plus I'm now dealing with the cravings for terrible things after eating too much of them for too many days.

At least I've been really good with my water intake. And I'm back into my routine of a green smoothie for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch, and a nice healthy dinner. Tonight I'm making Mac & Trees with Buffalo Tempeh from AFR. I don't know why, but a liquid diet until dinner actually seems to work really well for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I hear you! I've been obsessed with Salt & Vinegar chips for some reason. Never even liked them until just recently and now I feel like I cant get enough. And I made potato salad for my hubbie to take camping with him and he brought too much back, so of course I ate it. Blargh!

I have to eat breakfast and lunch at work, so I can't really do the smoothie thing unless I want to haul all of my stuff into work with me or get a second set of everything. Sometimes I find enough time in the morning before I leave the house to make a smoothie, but not all the time. Thinking of making a chia pudding with hemp milk and berries because I can do it the night before and then its done. Lunch is a whole other issue. I cant force down anymore salad. Might make a huge batch of soup with kale and quinoa and tons of veggies on Sunday so I have it for the week.

Why does it have to be so hard PB!! WHY!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:26 am 
And you never will.

I feel you! I'm just trying to remember than even when I don't have a loss on the scale, at least I'm being mindful of what I'm eating (even when it's too much, I KNOW it's too much instead of just not thinking about it, you know?) and I'm making positive habits. We can do this!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We Can Def Do It!

I'm making the hottie black eyed peas and greens with mashed sweet potatoes from AFR tonight. Looking forward to good food that's good for you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:32 am 
And you never will.

Oh, also, what I've been doing is wash/cut a TON of fruits and greens at a time, and doing freezer ziplocs with pre-measured smoothies in them, so in the mornings I just pull one out and let it thaw a little, add some water and chia seeds, and blend. I made 9 days worth on Monday, so I don't even have to think about it again until next week. Plus, I put the same thing in all of the bags (well, actually, I did two kinds, but you get the idea), so I can just log the same meal in NutriMirror without having to figure out what I put in my smoothie that morning.

You can also blend it up the night before and put it in a jar or lidded cup, as long as you don't mind your smoothies pretty liquidy (which is actually how I prefer them).

I think you have the right idea with the chia pudding, too. Back when I had to leave at 4:30am for work, overnight oats were my savior!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 am 
And you never will.

GraciaKai wrote:
I'm making the hottie black eyed peas and greens with mashed sweet potatoes from AFR tonight.

Oooh, that is one of my favorite meals of all time! YUM.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 145  Next