| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

I am down 55 lbs in one year and was taken off blood pressure meds. Just turned 39 and I could honestly say I can kick my 19 year old self's asparagus!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

eating healthy isn't enough, exercise and the right sleeping habit helps as well. any one of you guys tried lemon water?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:51 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hello, dead thread! I just signed up for Weight Watchers. It did me well in the past and I am excited/nervous to try again now that I'm vegan.

I am officially at my heaviest and pushing morbidly obese. I'm ready for a change. I just feel so unhealthy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:24 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Good luck, oddspongeout! I seem to remember quite a few people on this thread having success with Weightwatchers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:31 am 

Thank me you! And yeah I noticed a lot of that on the first few pages! I never thought to apply conventional weight loss to veganism but Weight Watchers is sooooooo versatile. The app even has an option for vegan searches!

I calculated PointsPlus for all of AFR and for a few recipes I think I'll use from other sources. Getting a meal plan amd grocery list going! Excitement.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:48 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

so awesome oddspongeout! i was on weight watchers years ago and lost about 25lbs. now, i've gained 10 of those back over the years, but i'm kick'n myself back into gear after my vacation this week and am gonna work on eating more healthfully (smaller portions, less booze, more veggies, etc.). w00t!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:57 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Good luck oddspongeout & happyfaced.

I threw aside my weight loss over the last 6 months but am starting again tomorrow trying to loose some weight before Xmas. Not sure how much, I will do a weigh in tomorrow morning and go from there. Probably 10lb or so

π

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:58 am 
WRETCHED

I'm struggling at the moment just because I don't know how to handle stress well. Stress plus just wanted to soothe myself with food is not a good combo. Plus lack of sleep, also not a good combo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:41 pm 

Stress and sleep sure are ass-kickers, linanil. Good luck, happyfaced and Star!

I know it's too soon since actually doing my points and stuff to see any results (1 day), but I've been consciously making better decisions whenever it was possible up until this point. And wow. I already feel the difference! No more muffin top on my 16P jeans and now ONLY a BIT of a muffin top on my 14P slacks. Noticeable and uncomfortable muffin top and camel toe (yikes!) are bye-bye! :D So glad I'm not banned to skirts or buying bigger pants now that it's getting cold.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:54 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Good job, oddspongeout! All my freaking pants are too tight in the waist now, and that's my motivation too.

linanil wrote:
I'm struggling at the moment just because I don't know how to handle stress well. Stress plus just wanted to soothe myself with food is not a good combo. Plus lack of sleep, also not a good combo.

This is me always, but especially this week. I always "deserve" whatever food/thing I want when I'm feeling stressed, which is usually comfort food and not moving. I don't know how to break that habit, but when I get home and it's dark and cold out and I'm really tired, the likelihood of me comforting myself with a healthy thing- like a walk around the neighborhood or a salad- is basically 0%. It sucks because I know those things would make me feel better than the junk, but I still don't want them!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:28 pm 
Tofu Pup

here I am! And suggestions welcome. I've lost 24 pounds since january, but the last few months I have lost nothing! Maybe 2 pounds. Getting frustrated

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:56 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Hi veronicapiano. Maybe you're at the right weight (or even too low) for your body now? You don't say if you were over the suggested BMI to begin with?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:24 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

dropscone wrote:
Hi veronicapiano. Maybe you're at the right weight (or even too low) for your body now? You don't say if you were over the suggested BMI to begin with?

Im not sure if BMI is the greatest way to decide if someone needs to lose weight or not, but I agree that maybe your weight is just at a good place?

I am having trouble losing weight, still, I have lost nothing all year (a bit up and down) despite dieting all the time. I hope Ill lose weight once my hormone treatment works a bit better. Sometimes I hate my thyroid so much or my body for destroying it, not sure which way, really.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:08 am 
BAD PASS

I'm really frustrated. I'm in a weight loss challenge on Sparkpeople, and I've lost 4 pounds... In three months. Despite working my butt off and keeping careful track of my food intake.

I have that doctor's appointment on the 8th, but I don't want to get too hopeful that he'll just give me a magic pill that will abracadabra! fix my metabolism. There is no way I should be at the weight I am with my daily food intake/calorie burn. There's just no way something's not wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:11 am 
WRETCHED

I don't know where to put this but this seems as good a place as any. I have struggled with my weight for 35 years or so (hey I'm nearly 40). I've had some success and lots of frustration. I'm trying to get a good place mentally and this year has been better than most for my mental state, if not my weight. I've decided that I need to start looking for a job but I feel a bit depressed about it because I know my weight could be a factor in getting a job or not. It is silly that it is but I know that. So yeah, I have motivation for weight loss because I know that I could be laid off next year (they announced that budget cuts are coming yet again) and I know that my current job isn't the best fit for me. So my current motivation is losing weight so I will feel better as well as better job prospects.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:42 pm 

Getting back on the wagon despite being out of town and having the breakup from hell. Hard! Sucky! I hate it! Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Amy wrote:
Good job, oddspongeout! All my freaking pants are too tight in the waist now, and that's my motivation too.

linanil wrote:

This is me always, but especially this week. I always "deserve" whatever food/thing I want when I'm feeling stressed, which is usually comfort food and not moving. I don't know how to break that habit, but when I get home and it's dark and cold out and I'm really tired, the likelihood of me comforting myself with a healthy thing- like a walk around the neighborhood or a salad- is basically 0%. It sucks because I know those things would make me feel better than the junk, but I still don't want them!

Me three. I've put on the 1 1/2st I lost a couple of years ago and feel rubbish about it. The comfort eating was triggered by my Dad being very ill in hospital for 4 months and now with his health declining further it's burning a hole in my belleh! He's in hospital again and the whole thing is harrowing, I just want to eat ALLOTHETHINGS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:54 am 
Tofu Pup

veronicapiano wrote:
here I am! And suggestions welcome. I've lost 24 pounds since january, but the last few months I have lost nothing! Maybe 2 pounds. Getting frustrated

dropscone wrote:

current BMI 26.8. I have plenty of room for improvement! lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 am 
Seagull of the PPK

fezza wrote:
Amy wrote:

linanil wrote:

Me three. I've put on the 1 1/2st I lost a couple of years ago and feel rubbish about it. The comfort eating was triggered by my Dad being very ill in hospital for 4 months and now with his health declining further it's burning a hole in my belleh! He's in hospital again and the whole thing is harrowing, I just want to eat ALLOTHETHINGS!

add me to the pile. working for myself at home is awesome in some ways but in other ways i feel like all i do is eat.
I keep trying eat to live, then tossing it to the wind. i need to figure out what i am doing and stick to it. the variability of my schedule is the real kicker, but that is a shiitake excuse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:06 pm 

I'm joining the pile. . . . Quote string is getting a bit too long.

I need to get back on my program (given that I PAID FOR IT), but I'm currently scrambling to arrange my apartment for a new move-in and just went through a horrible breakup that I can't even believe happened the way it did. I was out of town. . . Everything is nuts. Hopefully by the time I have a roommate, I can focus on myself again. :/ Guh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i hear ya, oddspongeout. sounds like you have a ton go'n on right now. when i have a lot go'n on the last thing i'm thinking about is eating well, but i try and remember that even little tweaks here and there can help (along with being gentle with myself). good luck to you and i'm sending you lots of support and positive vibes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145