| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:50 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my weight fluctuates A LOT as well so you are not alone.

i had my yearly physical this morning and i told my dr that i have been going to the gym 4x a week and doing cardio and weights and i felt the scale wasnt reflective of what ive been doing.

she said it can take quite a while for the scale to reflect it. i know for me personally i am also pushing 40 and i think as we age it gets harder and harder

it made me feel better that she said the 2ish months ive been doing this is a relatively short time to reflect weight loss
i also admittedly havent changed my eating a ton other than cutting back on treats.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

this is probably just me trying to rationalize random body stuff, but I feel like sometimes my metabolism gets stuck? like i'll be eating the exact same # of calories every day forever and nothing will change, then one day i'll go over that a bit because I honestly use the MFP thing like a suggestion/zone, not cal-for-cal, anyway then I'll weigh myself the following morning and i'll have lost a bunch of lbs? I dunno, it's weird. Bodies are a nightmare and super inconsistent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:26 am 
BAD PASS

I re-started T25 yesterday and am really really going to try to reel it in and log my dang food. I solved the beer-after-work problem by having either Topo Chico or some other sparkling mineral water on hand to sip while hanging out with coworkers instead. I have a huge smoothie for breakfast and some Richa dal I made without oil for lunch. I've done some of T25 before, but I've never finished it, so this time I am determined to actually finish it. Current goal is to get back into my roller derby shape (which wasn't amazing, but was way better than now), without the inconvenience of having to play roller derby.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:50 am 
BAD PASS

I just started week 3 of T25 and have stuck with it completely so far and have logged my food every week day (I gotta discipline up and do weekends). Pret-ty proud of myself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:46 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I started running again because I apparently hate myself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:41 pm 
Semen Strong

I get up early and walk for an hour, because I can hunt Pokemon.

Congratulations on running!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:01 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Someone, unprompted, told me I'd lost weight a couple of days ago and suddenly I noticed it. Happy days!

I've been on or around 1200 calories for a few weeks (with a few treats when appropriate, like at a wedding I went to... those aren't the problem, it's the everyday stuff that crept up) so that is a nice validation that what I'm doing isn't self-punishment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:08 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

okay so I've gone down 2 dress sizes which means I'm comfortably in straight sizes and THAT means I have even less self control when purchasing clothing as now I have so many options and everything is so cute I'm in troubleee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:37 am 
***LIES!!!***

Ah....straight sizes. Dreams.

Tofulish how is your knee holding up with all that walking??? Great for you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:38 am 
***LIES!!!***

Also it is amazing how quickly your cardiovascular system reacts when you start exercising again. Day 1 of running my heart rate was in the 170s throughout, day 3 I barely got out of the 140s going the same pace. It comes back, thank goodness!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:42 am 
BAD PASS

I'm in the middle of week 4 of consistent working out and not having beers after work. I'm still really wary of weighing myself because I don't want to get discouraged if the number hasn't gone down, so I may save it until the end of week 5 (the end of the "Alpha" phase of T25) to re-weigh. But I'm definitely getting more "fit," in that the workouts I could barely do following the modifier before, now I can almost keep up with the non-modified versions the whole time, and I feel so good and proud of myself afterward.

So, that's becoming so much more important to me than whatever the scale says. Or is GOING to say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:04 am 
WRETCHED

I'm not really trying to lose weight, but I am. I'm just working on exercising daily, one way or another and eating better. One thing that has worked a bit magically working for me is sticking to 3 meals/day and eating enough in my meals so that I'm not super hungry before my next meal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:41 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Today I'm doing the GI bug weight loss plan. So far it's working like a charm :/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:17 pm 
WRETCHED

Sorry to hear that.

Today, I've had a really hungry day, I think it is due to the fact that my period is coming. I'm trying to make good choices overall.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I rejoined Weight Watchers today. I was a member 8-9 years ago and lost ~60 pounds, which was awesome. Now I'm trying to lose the 20 pounds that have crept on over the past year.

Anyway, they've changed the way they calculate points a lot - now the point values depend on calories, saturated fat, protein, and sugar. In theory that should be good for vegan food (plus fruits and vegetables are zero points). But I'm looking through my well-worn copy of Appetite For Reduction and it looks like a lot of my favorite recipes are now in the 9-10 point range. It looks like seitan would be a low-point food, so I'll start eating more of that I guess.

Any other WW members on here? What are your favorite low-point vegan foods?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:03 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Hooray for WW!

Seitan is low-point. Tofu is pretty low point, especially (obviously) the low fat versions. Low-fat silken tofu is ZERO points. Vegan protein powders are also low point. As soon as you get into starches it gets higher point, but often I will pair a serving of beans with a serving of tofu and then a half serving of grains and a pile of veggies, so I get all the original flavors of the recipe but don't go nuts with the bean and grain points.

All that being said...every day for the past week I've started tracking and in great shape for breakfast and have fallen off the wagon by lunch. Ridiculous stressful time at work and in life. I will try again in a couple of weeks I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:35 pm 
Impressive boner

Just got my half stone sticker from Slimming World. I've lost 8lbs over 5 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:01 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I just restarted ww on Tuesday, too. I did it 3ish years ago and lost 25 pounds. I only need to lose 10# to avoid having to buy new clothes since some weight is creeping back on. The trick for me is to just load up on veggies as much as possible with each meal. My dinner tonight was only 5 points. It was thai lettuce wraps. Stir-fried tofu, veggies and pineapple with some light coconut milk, red curry paste and garlic and ginger. Just a teeny bit of spray oil and then we ate it in lettuce instead of having rice. Oh and even a few peanuts on top. Tofurky slices are also a really low point protein.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:09 am 
Ninja Master

8ball wrote:
Just got my half stone sticker from Slimming World. I've lost 8lbs over 5 weeks.

Yay well done. I went back to slimming world a few weeks ago too, weighing in tonight. I got my 1/2 stone sticker a couple of weeks ago and am hoping I've lost this week.

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I've put in for a transfer between chapters of my weight loss club, due to moving entirely across the city from my original chapter. Also I am going to do a calorie-appropriate version of a shake/premade meal/protein bars plan, which I have followed similar of before. Lots of fruit and veggies for rounding meals out, also plentiful starches like chickpeas/potatoes are called for which is a relief since bread is severely reduced haha. I am thinking of doing a dietbet online as a kickstart.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:09 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thanks, Ariann and IJDI. Those are helpful tips. :)

I've done pretty well for the first few days. The toughest thing (and a big difference from the last time I did WW) is that my job now involves a fair amount of travel and expected meals and socializing with coworkers when I'm on the road. I'll have to get better at bringing food with me - I had a short trip this week and the little container of hummus and crackers at the airport was 11 points (!!).

Meals and drinks out will be awkward though. Alcoholic drinks feel like a total waste of points to me, so I just had water when I was out with coworkers this week. They noticed and asked why - when I told them I was trying to lose weight, their reaction was not entirely supportive (granted they were already on their third round of shots by this time). Including from my boss, who is constantly complaining to me that she needs to lose weight. So I don't know what to do about that, other than just put up with it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:25 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

baps wrote:
8ball wrote:

Yay well done. I went back to slimming world a few weeks ago too, weighing in tonight. I got my 1/2 stone sticker a couple of weeks ago and am hoping I've lost this week.

Well done both! I love Slimming World. I was at target for many years, but then I gave up smoking and my weight started to creep up again. Now I am trying to stick strictly to plan to get back into target range (I've given myself until Christmas).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Now that I'm in a new country and not comfort eating at work all day I've done my best to cut back on the unhealthy emotional eating. The past week has gone well because I've had no money to buy snacks all that often.

I have about 14lbs to lose so I am hoping to lose 7lbs by Christmas. I'm giving myself plenty of time as I seem to have slow metabolism again so I don't want to get frustrated. I'm also going to get registered with a GP this week and get some bloods to make sure my thyroid is doing OK as it was a problem last year.

I'm walking every single day at present. I'm living in a family house so I need to make sure Lexi is well exercised so that she is chilled out. Plus I am up and about tidying up a bit more because I can't risk being a complete slob so that's extra moving about!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:36 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I am learning how much my stress levels contribute to me gaining weight. Over the last 4 weeks I have really ballooned, I am super bloated and nothing fits despite not eating too badly and not drinking too much. I am struggling keeping my activity levels up but not so much to have significantly impacted my weight.

I guess I am just ranting because I don't have a gameplan or anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:22 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I had my first weekly weigh in today. Down 3 pounds!

The rest of the week was stressful and crummy, so I was happy that at least this went well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191  Next