| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 146  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:41 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm giving Leangains a try, I don't know if I've lost any weight on the scales but my body fat is down by 2%.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

dakini wrote:
LapisRose wrote:
I am raw vegan :) Some of you know me from years ago, and I've had much trials and tribs in my life the past few years trying to help someone else and in the process losing me...but I am back and full on now! I have been easing myself back into very high raw for a little over a month and have released about 30 lbs. :D I am now embarking on a 92-day juicing/smoothie feast to rid my body of so many built-up toxins. So glad to be here!

Good to see you again! I was wondering what you were up to these days.

My car broke down today which was a bummer but on the upside it forced me to walk home for two miles from the auto place. Lots of sun, good breeze, and I even resisted running into 7-11 for a slurpee. : )

Hey dakini - good to see you as well! I am doing great:) My massage business is growing, I am planning a new book - a lowfat frugal raw for fitness, and I am looking into the possibility of starting a non-profit raw-friendly organic co-op here in Dallas. I really love what Kristina (Fully Raw) has done in Houston, and would LOVE to find a way to make it happen here too - for that matter it needs to be happening everywhere in my opinion...healthy, organic, unprocessed whole foods should be accessible to EVERYBODY.

Mattye Lee's Vegan Kitchen Blog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:23 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Just a gentle reminder about the no cleanse rule on the boards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:10 am 
Inflexitarian

Hey if anyone wants to be friends on Myfitnesspal I'm assilembob there as well!

Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at? update
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:40 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Still losing; I'd lost 8 more pounds when I weighed back in May. However, my ortho docs revised my goal for the knee replacement downwards, so I still need to lose about 30 pounds in order to get a knee replacement. But I keep going. I've added exercise - deep water aerobics. The only down side to this is that in some classes, people are socializing so much I can't hear the instructor call out the moves. I guess the more I go, the more I will memorize the routines and it won't matter so much. I do so love being in the water!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:01 pm 
And you never will.

Ugh. I made a huge wedding cake last weekend (STRESS) and then had surgery yesterday (more stress, plus antibiotics). I am retaining water like mad and my clothes are feeling tighter and I really don't want to weigh in tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am 
Naked Under Apron

I'm counting calories again. Blerg. I don't like it, but I think I've accepted my lot. I just can't ignore my food intake and expect my weight to be where I want it!

Luckily, after a few months of slacking, my weight was only two pounds up from where I left it. Now I'm .8 pounds up, so not too bad. I seem to attempt weight loss in short, interrupted bursts; and I feel ready for another one, so hopefully I can lose a few more pounds this time!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:15 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Neither the scale nor the tape measure has moved in at least a month. Yet over the last week, numerous people have commented that I am losing weight/looking smaller. Since my clothes don't fit any differently, I'm a little confused. Perhaps I have stumbled into some sort of extremely localized optical illusion that works in my favour.
I have finally accepted that my goal is no longer realistic, and have changed my timeline. I'm thinking I may need to eat more to try get the scale moving, but it's tough to get back in the mindset that it's okay to eat more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 pm 
Impressive boner

Having an off week and consuming far too many carbohydrates. Oh well, back to it on Saturday!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 am 
Impressive boner

Out of curiosity I decided to see what effect my eating was having on my body.

I've converted another 2.5kg of fat into muscle and have no idea how!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been doing this thing where I log my calories for the first half of the day (I wake up early and have to eat lunch early), but I'm so hungry when I get home, I just keep snacking until dinner and then assume I've already gone over, so just fork it.

I need someone to Internet yell at me and tell me to get my asparagus in gear. I gained a little weight during our move, but now I'm just maintaining, and I still have 10-15 pounds to go. And I'm feeling flabby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 am 
And you never will.

Something that helps me is to plan my whole day in advance - snacks and all. I usually use some time the night before (after poopiebaby goes to bed) to pre-log the following day. I've found it really helps me stay on track because I've already planned out the exact right amount of food and I don't want to fork it up by eating something I haven't planned. This works for me because I cook all of our meals at home and meal plan and stuff, so I don't know how effective it would be for everyone, but it's worth a try?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:03 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Creep, I do kind of the same thing, I will eat reasonably all day and at night I turn into a snack monster. We can do this!

I am finally under 150 pounds. It felt so awesome to see 149 on the scale. There is no way I am making my next goal, but that's ok, the scale is still moving in the right direction. I have also been upping my protein, eating far less carbs. Basically I have been cutting majorly back on sweets and breads.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

poopiebitch wrote:
Something that helps me is to plan my whole day in advance - snacks and all. I usually use some time the night before (after poopiebaby goes to bed) to pre-log the following day. I've found it really helps me stay on track because I've already planned out the exact right amount of food and I don't want to fork it up by eating something I haven't planned. This works for me because I cook all of our meals at home and meal plan and stuff, so I don't know how effective it would be for everyone, but it's worth a try?

this is an awesome idea, poopie. i'm going to try this out. my problem is that i plan my main meals, but then the snacks are just kinda grab 'n run and that's where i go over. totally going to start planning everything in advance. i too make all of our meals at home so this is totally doable. thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 am 
Naked Under Apron

Yeah I think planning is key, but I also fail at it way too often. Or I decide I really want something that isn't planned, or don't want something that is. I'll keep trying though!

I am also a crazed post-work, pre-dinner snacker. My (attempted) strategy to deal with this is:

1) Eat a lower cal breakfast, when I am naturally less hungry. Eating more in the morning does not stop me from eating more in the afternoon, so I try to save my calories for later.

2) Have things like fruit, veggies, or vegetable soup all prepared and in the fridge to snack on when I get home. OR, eat a healthy snack before leaving work, late afternoon-ish.

3) Recognize that it's ok to be hungry. I get hungry and want to eat NOW, so I eat until I feel better and then still eat dinner anyway. I need to learn to be hungry and just deal with it. I'm not going to starve while making dinner.

This has been going ok for me so far, but I have to make a conscious effort every day. I am down to my pre-slacking weight though! And 1.8 pounds away from being in the next set of tens. It's been way too long since I've seen those numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm kind of failing at my goal of taking a walk everyday. I gave myself blisters by overdoing it the other day and walking over a mile to lunch then to the library. (in really bad shoes, so blisters everywhere)

Yes, my very non-stressful weight loss tactic is..walk everybody and eat less sweets :D Oh and eat normal portions of food. I'm not too worried about the weight loss, just think it would be healthy to try to get back to a "normal" weight range for my height and might look nicer.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:18 pm 
Inflexitarian

I've set a long term goal to run a 5k next spring.

Also I'm failing at keeping my sodium low. No matter what I do, I go way over. A lot of it has to do with boxed rice mixes, canned beans and soups. I know how to fix the rices but I'm horrid at cooking beans and am very time limited. So this is a frustrating minor setback.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:11 pm 
And you never will.

Oh Lard. I made a 200 serving wedding cake last weekend, then had surgery on Monday and was on fluids and am still on antibiotics. So, STRESS, plus medication that makes me retain water, plus unable to cook or exercise for over a week. I gained THREE POUNDS at my weigh-in this week. Feeling pretty crappy right about now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:31 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Ugh it's so hard to find motivation when you're only like 8 pounds from your goal weight!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

poopiebitch wrote:

I do this too. As soon as I get into work in the morning I figure out dinner and add that (I use the myfitnesspal app), and add lunch (I usually have the same thing so that's easy), then I go from there. It helps me figure out whether I can do stuff like get a coffee in the morning or maybe bake something after work that day. Works for me!

Anyway, today I'm wearing a dress that I ordered online two and a half years ago that was too small, but I kept it anyway just in case. And now it fits! It's like getting new stuff, except I didn't have to pay for it or leave my house.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Erinnerung, that's awesome!! I have jeans from two years ago that I think I wore once, can't wait to get in them.

I pre-enter my foods too. Sometimes the day before, sometimes in the morning. I don't always follow it to a T but it gives me a rough outline.

My struggle right now is getting interested in veggies. I go through phases and right now im like salad? Yuck. When a week or two ago I was devouring greens. I just like restaurant salads and hate making them myself but its expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:51 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

hugs, poopie. I know how that is. I hope you can get on your feet soon!

I need to try the plan-ahead thing more. I'm doing a little better, but I also need plan-ahead plans for days I don't have time/proper supplies to make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks from scratch out of EXACTLY what I want.

Amy wrote:
3) Recognize that it's ok to be hungry. I get hungry and want to eat NOW, so I eat until I feel better and then still eat dinner anyway. I need to learn to be hungry and just deal with it. I'm not going to starve while making dinner.

This is so me. I've been much better about that this week!

I think I'm quitting weight watchers. It was great for me when I first joined (Jan 2008) but the plan is so completely different now and it doesn't work for me anymore. Back then it was teaching me to eat better, and now it isn't. I've been dual tracking in WW and Spark People this week; following SP I have ~7 daily WW points left, without using any weeklies. So... guess that's why I wasn't losing. I do not like the new plan, and don't remember really how to do the original one I was on. Might as well do the easier, cheaper, better thing. Plus, SP has better pie charts. Actually it has AWESOME pie charts. I am all about pie charts. I find them very motivating.

Now I remember why I try to keep a continent between me and New Jersey at all times. -torque

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

You guys just inspired me to start tracking my food again. It's really a matter of putting skills i've been learning into use to deal with my over eating. I'm ok with staying the same weight or only losing a little, but I'd like to be confident in a stable weight (and maybe eventually lose up to 15-20 pounds).

Of course, I keep saying that here. So maybe one of these days it will stick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:47 pm 
And you never will.

Mack the Spork wrote:
hugs, poopie. I know how that is. I hope you can get on your feet soon!

Thank you! I'm feeling a lot better now, and I had a really good weigh-in this morning so that helps. I'm down eight pounds from last week, so I was definitely dealing with a LOT of water weight. I'm looking at it as a five pound net loss over two weeks, which I feel pretty good about.

If you don't feel Weight Watchers is doing it for you, definitely change it up! I lost a lot of weight doing NutriMirror (a lot like Spark People) back before I got pregnant with poopiebaby, and it was free and worked well. This time around I just needed something a little simpler (NM tracks EVERYTHING, and I was always stressing about getting my carbs, fat, protein, calcium, vitamins, sodium etc in balance), plus I'm going to meetings and I really feel like I need the accountability right now. Do what works best for you, definitely.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

So I have kept putting on weight since the stress of life and new medication and depression and have now gained about 10lbs of the 30lbs I lost in January and February. I really want to get my weight down because these new tablets put me at a higher risk of diabetes, stroke and heart problems and with a family history of all three I really need to get in the best shape I can for my own health.

My doctor is great because the BC I am on for my PCOS also increases risk of stroke and because of my family history she makes me see her every three months for a weight check, BP and glucose levels. I would really like to shift this 10lbs plus another 10lbs before I see her next time, which is about 2lbs per week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 146  Next