| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:27 pm 
Nailed to the V

poopiebitch wrote:
Thank you! I'm feeling a lot better now, and I had a really good weigh-in this morning so that helps. I'm down eight pounds from last week, so I was definitely dealing with a LOT of water weight. I'm looking at it as a five pound net loss over two weeks, which I feel pretty good about.

That's awesome!
Not sure where my weight is but I'll probably weigh tomorrow as I may be traveling Saturday. Curious to see if I lost a pound or so; I'll be excited.
I either need a new scale or a new place to put it. My scale has 4 feet and my bathroom has tiles. The sizes are such that there is no way to place the scale without at least one of the feet being on a crack instead of a tile. I try to place it in the same spot every day, but I've noticed by moving it around on the floor, sometimes by as little as a cm, I can reweigh myself and change my weight by + or - 4-9 pounds, depending on the day. !!! So accurate!! hahahaha. Stupid scale...

Now I remember why I try to keep a continent between me and New Jersey at all times. -torque

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:46 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Since moving, reducing my activity level and increasing my home cooked meal intake last December I put on quite a bit of weight. I do not feel like my fabulous self. In the last little while I've really started eating better, watching portion sizes and exercising a lot. At first the weight was melting off, but the last week or so (I know this is a short period of time) I am totally plateaud. I don't get it. I've been eating well and exercising harder than ever (really hard!). I just want to cry. I know I should stay off the scale and only weigh in once a week but I'm so tempted thinking it will be good news.... (I look better!) and it's not :( . I have a history of getting a tad obsessive and do not want this to become negative.... but I really don't feel good (better than I did two months ago but still not good) and don't understand why my body is holding on to this weight that I don't need and is making me feel sluggish, sad and preventing me from wearing my cute clothes. I'm tired of yoga pants. I want to wear my sundresses. Sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:09 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Ozma wrote:
Since moving, reducing my activity level and increasing my home cooked meal intake last December I put on quite a bit of weight. I do not feel like my fabulous self. In the last little while I've really started eating better, watching portion sizes and exercising a lot. At first the weight was melting off, but the last week or so (I know this is a short period of time) I am totally plateaud. I don't get it. I've been eating well and exercising harder than ever (really hard!). I just want to cry. I know I should stay off the scale and only weigh in once a week but I'm so tempted thinking it will be good news.... (I look better!) and it's not :( . I have a history of getting a tad obsessive and do not want this to become negative.... but I really don't feel good (better than I did two months ago but still not good) and don't understand why my body is holding on to this weight that I don't need and is making me feel sluggish, sad and preventing me from wearing my cute clothes. I'm tired of yoga pants. I want to wear my sundresses. Sigh.

I'm dealing with the same thing. I just keep telling myself 1) It's probably water weight and I should do a low sodium day before my next weigh in. Could also be PMS. 2) I'm trying to build muscle instead of just lose fat, so I'll probably lose inches faster than pounds. That being said, I'm still frustrated and wish I was seeing faster progress.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I haven't lost anything in like two and a half weeks, despite keeping my calorie intake the same and starting running. Boo! I'm pretty sure that this is how much I used to weigh before my big weight gain though, so maybe this is just like my body's natural weight or something. I'd still like to lose another 3-5kg from here, so I guess I'll keep trying and see what happens!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:11 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm rockin and rollin and have lost a fair amount so far. I'm hoping to double this by the end of the summer but we'll see. I so wish I could be under the 200 lb mark by the time school starts but I doubt it. So I'm aiming for that to be my end of September goal. I've decided once I reach my goal weight I'll treat myself to a trip to see my best friend in New Hampshire.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I'm not losing consistently anymore, but I have dropped the couple pounds I gained since moving here. I gave up on counting calories, because I just wasn't committed. Right now, I'm just trying to eat reasonably and get more exercise in, so that I won't beat myself up if I have a cookie or a beer. And I guess it's not urgent right now anyway. I'm at the top of a healthy BMI. I'd just like to be closer to the middle, mostly for vanity at this point. I'm the smallest I've ever been though, so I should probably just chill out and enjoy it instead of worrying about the next 10-15 pounds I'd like to shed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've lost 2bs/a kilo and a bit in the last weekt! I think some of it was water weight, though, as I'm lowering my carbohydrate intakes so my body isn't having to store as much water. We'll see next week if it continues...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 pm 
Nailed to the V

Way to go, Gulliver!

So I have the results of my WW versus Spark People experiment... Over the last few months on WW (like spring & early summer) I was having trouble sticking to it. It would go like, a week on counting, a week off, two weeks on, a week off, etc. I would lose half a pound, gain a pound, stay the same, lose half a pound... and not necessarily losing during the "on" weeks either.

In 2 & 1/2 weeks using Spark People I've lost almost 9 pounds. SOOOOOOOO YEAH. I guess WW was, in fact, giving me way too many points. NOTED.

I think the running helps, too. I have only had one week that was + SP - C25K and I still lost, just not as much. The combo of SP and C25K is pretty killer for me right now. I'm pretty excited.

Now I remember why I try to keep a continent between me and New Jersey at all times. -torque

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My experience with Weight Watchers wasn't necessarily that I was getting too many points, but maybe that I wasn't even getting enough? I feel like I get more food counting calories than I did on WW, like maybe it's overcompensating for carbs or something, since we vegans eat so many of those.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
Nailed to the V

Well I think that's part of the problem - the most recent changes were to take carbs into account more, so I think it penalizes you more for carby foods (higher carb foods are more points than protein, for the same # of calories). Also it's a computer program so it generalizes.

I eat a lot of fruit, so counting fruit as "free" totally does not work for me at ALL.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 am 
WRETCHED

I'm trying to get back on track (again) and I think I am going to use Weight Watchers. I know I am a heavy fruit/veggie eater so their current plan isn't ideal for me but I need to mentally check my fruit intake to ensure it isn't excessive.

Funny thing is coming back from my trip in California, where fruit is ridiculously cheap and both my parents and grandparents grow their own fruits/veggies, I ate a lot of fruit. So much so that when my husband and I had a talk about my issues with my weight over the past year, my husband (who is nearly underweight), told me that he thought I didn't eat very much and that I eat fairly healthy but that I eat a lot of fruit. Over the normal course of a week, I eat a fair amount of fruit but I don't know if I'd call it excessive. During vacation though I did eat a lot of it. So I know I have to be careful with my fruit intake which is easier at home since fruit is generally not that cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:01 am 
Ninja Master

Hadn't weighed myself for a couple of weeks, last time I checked it wasn't great! But I had a cheeky weigh in this morning and I've lost 5 pounds! YAY. Only about 3000 more to go! haha

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

kick booty, baps! superw00t!

i've actually gained 2lbs, but my clothes are looser - i think i'm gaining more muscle or something... things are starting to shape up nicely and i'm feeling more toned, too. makes me most happyfaced, fo 'sho!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 am 
And you never will.

Ugh. I had a really rough couple of weeks and went totally off the deep end. I didn't weight in at all last week, and when I (finally) weighed in two days ago I was up 2.6 pounds. I am back on track now though, and I'm determined to not let it discourage me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:56 am 

I've lost 2.7 kilos, or 6lbs in old money. Which is good. I know that some of it is water weight but I have lost fat as well. Someone yesterday told me how well I looked (which is always a worrying compliment - do I normally look ill?) and someone else today told me I was looking slimmer. Huzzah!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:52 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Well done Gulliver.
Keep up the good work guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I started Insanity today. My limbs are dead. We'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:09 pm 
Inflexitarian

My workout buddy has been MIA most of this week. I didn't feel like going to the gym by myself so I looked to see what netflix has. LAME. I did a Crunch Fat Burning Pilates and it was a terrible video. I need a good Zumba video or even a kickboxing video.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 pm 
Nailed to the V

There's a thread for that! viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17293
Sounds like there were quite a few Netflix options people liked. I haven't tried any yet; it's WAAAAY too hot in my apartment.

I always think it takes me a lot of pounds before I really lose a clothing size. My clothes aren't noticeably baggy, but I just noticed this week my pants are longer. hahaha. They're kind of stretchy, so they still fit when I gain/lose weight, but when I gain I guess I'm stretching them in the thighs/butt more, and they get shorter and all floodwater-y. I have to pull them down when I stand up to not be showing ankle.

This week they're touching the tops of my shoes, easily, without me making any effort to pull them down. Guess I really am losing, it's not a magical scale pixie making fake numbers in the electronic doodads.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:08 pm 
Impressive boner

My weight is up although my body fat is down and my muscle mass has increased. I haven't been watching my eating as carefully as I could. It's going to be a hectic day tomorrow so I'll be more careful from Sunday onwards.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 pm 
Crazy bat lady

Still holding at about 15 lbs lost; I think I'm officially at a plateau. My husband, on the other hand, keeps losing and looks super hot. It feels as if he simply thinks about losing & can do it, I, on the other hand, have to track & exercise like nuts. grr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:28 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I haven't lost but a couple pounds the last few weeks but I did start exercising at home. My problem is I'm getting too good at cooking and I made a gigantic bowl of rice pudding that is anything but low calorie. Oy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 am 

I almost, almost have a flat stomach. I'm certainly the least fat I've been in, oh, ten years?

I am so pleased with myself. People have complimented me on how healthy I look! YUS!

It has been surprisingly easy... I mean, it's still been work but I've not been feeling like I'm starving myself. Next months, I'm going to a festival for three days and then going camping in France for ten days, so God only knows what shape I'll be after that.

Kelvia wrote:
Still holding at about 15 lbs lost; I think I'm officially at a plateau. My husband, on the other hand, keeps losing and looks super hot. It feels as if he simply thinks about losing & can do it, I, on the other hand, have to track & exercise like nuts. grr
On myfitnesspal (which I recommend for the community as well as the food diary tools), a lot of people found that slightly increasing the amount they're eating helped them push through the plateau. It might be that your body is thinking it needs to hold onto the weight it has, so easing up a little might make it relax.

15lbs is a really big achievement though! Well done!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Just jumping in to say good job everyone and congrats and keep going!!

I haven't been doing anything recently to help lose weight. But I am slimming down naturally just from eating smarter in general. Went to Old Navy the other day and started trying on clothes only to realize that I am no longer a XXL. Everything I tried on in that size was too big. So I went down to the XL and it all worked! At least I am no longer plus sized in one store. That felt good, so I bought a new dress and sweater.

Now if I could get my sciatica to stop hurting me I could actually workout and make some real progress! I'm not even gonna stress over it though. I really think I have turned a new leaf and am in a happier place with myself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:48 am 

GraciaKai wrote:
I haven't been doing anything recently to help lose weight. But I am slimming down naturally just from eating smarter in general. Went to Old Navy the other day and started trying on clothes only to realize that I am no longer a XXL. Everything I tried on in that size was too big. So I went down to the XL and it all worked! At least I am no longer plus sized in one store. That felt good, so I bought a new dress and sweater.
Wow! That's brilliant news - and pretty good evidence that your choices are paying off.

I've lost 3.5 kilos (or 8lbs or just over half a stone) in the last month! I'm really chuffed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 145  Next