| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Well done on the weight losses!

Lavawitch.... do you find WW hard with being a vegan? I found when I was on it I ended up eating more processed food because it was easier to caculate the points and rarely made a decent full of nutrition dinner that could feed me for a few nights. Now I done really well on it. I lost 22lbs last time on it but I really didn't enjoy my food.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:48 am 

I somehow managed to put on 1lb in the past 24hours. Now I've 5lb to lose. Not cool.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:34 am 
Ninja Master

I really really REALLY hate counting calories and I suck at it. I wish there was a way to lose weight without doing it but nothing else has ever worked for me.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:29 am 

baps wrote:
I really really REALLY hate counting calories and I suck at it. I wish there was a way to lose weight without doing it but nothing else has ever worked for me.

I've never counted calories because I suck at it. Although, if I keep up this weight gain I am going to have to start doing WW propoints again.

I was a good girl and went for a 20min walk with the dog. I will do another hour long one later. I have my meals and snacks planned for the day so I really shouldn't put up weight today but knowing this damn medication I will.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 am 
WRETCHED

I used to never calorie count except once in a great while but I also struggled with losing weight beyond a point. I think myfitnesspal makes it pretty easy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

daisychain wrote:
Well done on the weight losses!

Lavawitch.... do you find WW hard with being a vegan? I found when I was on it I ended up eating more processed food because it was easier to caculate the points and rarely made a decent full of nutrition dinner that could feed me for a few nights. Now I done really well on it. I lost 22lbs last time on it but I really didn't enjoy my food.

Not at all. The calculators online have all the vegan foods--even Vegenaise. The last time I was super diligent about it was when I was testing for Appetite for Reduction, so I was cooking constantly. The APR recipes are very WW friendly.

Use the online tools like recipe builder to calculate points for pretty much anything.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

daisychain wrote:
I somehow managed to put on 1lb in the past 24hours. Now I've 5lb to lose. Not cool.

You aren't weighing yourself everyday are you? Weighing is only really effective every week or so. Your weight fluctuates too much.

Some times I weigh too much just out of curiosity and I can go up or down 3lbs in a day. You want a general downward trend, but I wouldn't get hung up on the day to day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm 
WRETCHED

I formally signed up for personal training (beyond the free sessions I got with my gym membership). I start this week, gulp. I find if I'm exercising consistently, then I eat better. If I eat better and exercise, I lose. So I'm hoping that this is the push I've been needing for a while. I mean I already have a strong start but continuing on is what I need.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:24 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I need get weight off my dodgy hip. I've got a BMI around 28 at the moment, I need to lose 20lb to get into the supposedly healthy zone and I hope that will also help me to be in less pain.

I've been trying to eat a healthier diet for the past few months and so far I've lost around 6lb, but it's slow going since it hurts to exercise and I like food (and drink)!

I thought if I posted in here it might spur me on. Wish me luck!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:35 am 

lavawitch wrote:
daisychain wrote:

You aren't weighing yourself everyday are you? Weighing is only really effective every week or so. Your weight fluctuates too much.

Some times I weigh too much just out of curiosity and I can go up or down 3lbs in a day. You want a general downward trend, but I wouldn't get hung up on the day to day.

I think I am in such a panic about the medication that I am on that I weighed myself 2 mornings. Believe me...... this medication comes with a serious weight problems.

I have AFR ordered so will start pointing when I get it. I left my ww pack at work so when I go back next week I will get it and bring it home.

I was well behaved yesterday and stuck to my plan. Spelt pancakes with chopped nuts, chia seeds and agave nectar for breakfast, leftover veg hotpot with a linda mc sausage for lunch and chickpea curry with rice for dinner. Snacks were an alpro soya yogurt, banana soft serve and lots of tea with no sugar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am 

daisychain wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I think I am in such a panic about the medication that I am on that I weighed myself 2 mornings. Believe me...... this medication comes with a serious weight problems.

I have AFR ordered so will start pointing when I get it. I left my ww pack at work so when I go back next week I will get it and bring it home.

I was well behaved yesterday and stuck to my plan. Spelt pancakes with chopped nuts, chia seeds and agave nectar for breakfast, leftover veg hotpot with a linda mc sausage for lunch and chickpea curry with rice for dinner. Snacks were an alpro soya yogurt, banana soft serve and lots of tea with no sugar.

Medications that come with a side effect of weight gain are turds, but just take a deep breath. My weight can fluctuate so much every day, so it's really a much better picture to weigh every week and graph it-that'll really show the trend you're on over a period of several weeks. I find that if I label only eating a certain amount and certain types of foods, I immediately crave the 'bad' foods much more. Tracking and understanding how many calories you're putting vs putting out is important, but your mental state of being is also incredibly important-so try not to panic! We love you just the way you are. :)

As for me-I've been approaching some very anxiety producing times (moving to a new apartment, stepping down from my second job) as well as just learning how to handle my eating/food/anxiety issues with my therapist and I'm doing better and better every week. I stopped weighing myself a couple months back and I know I've gained weight for a little while but I'm pretty sure I've been on a slight downward trend for the last two-three weeks, which makes me happy and want to keep it up!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 am 

Well done on the downward trend! And I love you right back!

I'm going to change to having my weigh in on a Wednesday morning every week like I used to on ww then get my treat dinner that night and a bag of sweets. Unfortunately thanks to my tablets I don't have the ability to say "no more thanks" anymore. If it is there I will eat it until it is all gone no matter how full I am. I suppose it is the trade off I have to make to be mentally healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:23 am 

daisychain wrote:
Well done on the downward trend! And I love you right back!

I'm going to change to having my weigh in on a Wednesday morning every week like I used to on ww then get my treat dinner that night and a bag of sweets. Unfortunately thanks to my tablets I don't have the ability to say "no more thanks" anymore. If it is there I will eat it until it is all gone no matter how full I am. I suppose it is the trade off I have to make to be mentally healthy.

You probably already know this, but have try small plates (ie 'breakfast' plates instead of full dinner plates and only having what you 'should' be eating on that plate.) Helps with portion sizing! As well as putting leftovers away before you start eating?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 am 

I'm back to weighing my carbs portions again. I usually divide out everything I cook by 3 or 4 into containers for freezing as soon as it cools.

I do most of my food shopping through online ordering and delivery so it stops me picking up sweets in the shop. The last shop order I went a bit wild and ordered lots of different junk food that I found out were accidently vegan. This shop only has one bag of sweets and a pack of choccie dodgers. I have walkers crisps ordered too but I don't tend to go overboard on them anymore.

I've sat myself down and meal planned for the next two weeks. I find if I have my meals and snacks planned ahead of time it helps stop the cravings for the not so good things.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Can you talk to your doctor about how to counteract the side effects?

That's rough--try not to beat yourself up over the scale now. Especially when you have factors against you, you can only do your best. I've been there; it is miserable. But even if you don't lose as you want, eating healthier will make you feel much better overall anyway.

Maybe the side effects will wear off eventually?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 am 

I don't think the food craving ever wears off. I just need to be super strict with myself. Hopefully one day I will be fine without medication. The consultant warned me going on it that it is a major side effect and the only want to manage it is to be really vigilant about what I eat and exercise. The likelihood is that the dose could be increased again in 2 weeks time so the cravings will probably be even stronger then again. There is no way of dodging them and changing medication probably wouldn't be a good idea. It is really the only side-effect with this medication that I am experiencing.

I'm having a right dose of the munchies now but I'm distracting myself with a cup of tea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Tea works for me, too. I find when I have the "munchies" at work, I don't actually want a snack I just want a break, so I take a bunch of walks. Walk to the break room and fill my water, walk back to my desk & leave it. Walk to the bathroom (right next to the break room). Walk back. Walk to the break room and make tea. Walk back to desk. Drink half of tea. Walk rest of tea to a friend's desk for a 5 minute "Whatcha doin?". Etc. It helps!

My recent breakthrough was tracking/calorie counting everything I ate last week, even though I "overate" a few days. This is new for me; on WW if I knew I was over, I just didn't count & said "I'll start again tomorrow." It's helping a lot, just psychologically. I'm not so All Or Nothing, "On my plan" vs "Off my plan." I just ate whatever I ate that day, so I counted it.

Graphing my weight and looking at the trend (I do 4 and 6 week average trendlines) helps me immensely to not feel like it's going slowly. If you're a scale-obsesser I recommend it highly. It helps me remember that today's number is meaningless and nothing to be bothered by. It's a single piece of a 1000 piece puzzle, that's all. Just add it to the puzzle & move on with your day.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:45 pm 

Thanks spork.

I don't do too bad at work once I get my breaks but on the hectic days it gets too easy to resort to sweet things to get me picked up quick if things are chaotic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:00 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Down two more pounds!

I'm imagining it in a booming reverb microphone effect voiceover. "TWWO-O-O-OOO MOOORR-RE POU-OU-OUNDSSSS!"

Sometimes you have to make your own fun. heheh.

The bad news: SparkPeople reminded me to recalculate my calorie needs as I lose weight (I kept meaning to search the site when it wasn't going down! "When does this thing adjust your calories??"). Now it's fixed, and I get less. NOOOOOO! hahaha.

Actually it's fine. I've been doing pretty well at staying in the range. I tend to hang out in the upper part of my range, but it shouldn't be too hard to drop down another 100 or so. I just need to measure portions more carefully.

I'm not expecting to keep losing at the exact same rate (frankly I'm pretty suspicious of what I've managed to achieve so far! Ha! It's never come off this easily. HIGHLY SUSPECT, BODY!!!) but if I do I've calculated in my head an approx. 10 pound range I could be within by Christmas. Even the theoretical possibility of being in that range that soon is totally blowing my mind. I'd be happy with even 10 pounds over that.

Hi. My name is Mack, and I'm amazing.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 am 
WRETCHED

I'm in my second week and just churning along. I had a weird day yesterday where I was starving in the morning. Had my usual breakfast, then had my snack 3 hours later. I ended up having some no-chicken broth with some shiitake mushrooms that calmed me down and then lunch a couple hours later. Then the weirdest thing happened, I wasn't hungry for afternoon snack and dinner. So I had something light for my snack (massaged kale salad) and a protein shake for dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I've totally had days like that! hungry, hungry, hungry, hungry, cereal for dinner. heh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 am 

Well done Mack!

I think I'm getting the better of the sugar cravings. I have nothing in the house so I'm not having intense cravings. Woooohoooo! I was out for a bit today and treated myself to a nakd mint and cocoa bar. It was delicious. The good news is I don't feel as bloated. I'm nearly looking forward to weighing myself next week!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Thanks!

Good job on the cravings!

This is the weirdest thing ever, but I feel like since I started eating less salt (not none, just less. Fewer processed foods like canned soup, and consciously under-measuring for recipes and not sprinkling extra on food) I've had far fewer cravings for sweets. There were all kinds of treats at work yesterday and I was like "...meh." I don't know if the two are related, but I'm certainly happy about it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 am 

Salt makes you dehydrated and dehydration can cause you to think you are hungry and you go for crappy food so that could be why. But yay! Nothing beats the smug feeling you get when you can resist sugar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:07 pm 

daisychain wrote:

I think I'm getting the better of the sugar cravings. I have nothing in the house so I'm not having intense cravings.

I've found this to be really vital for me. If I don't have chocolate/biscuits/sweets in the house then I don't really think about them and don't crave them. If I know there's a packet in the cupboard, it doesn't matter if I'm not hungry. I know they're there and I just drive myself mad until I eat them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 144  Next