| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

jogirl wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I think I'm getting the better of the sugar cravings. I have nothing in the house so I'm not having intense cravings.

I've found this to be really vital for me. If I don't have chocolate/biscuits/sweets in the house then I don't really think about them and don't crave them. If I know there's a packet in the cupboard, it doesn't matter if I'm not hungry. I know they're there and I just drive myself mad until I eat them.

I have a pack of choccie dodgers and jelly tots in my shop order that is coming tomorrow night. But I have to have a weekend splashout. I will walk extra at the weekend. I swear.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:55 am 
Huffs Nooch

I ate a massive (seriously massive) burrito and drank a beer last night. Ugh. When I woke up this morning I was 2 pounds heavier. I know I didn't actually put on 2 pounds of fat, but I'm still silently cursing myself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Anyone else do a little shimmy when the number on the scale goes down? Like a dance, but not dancey enough to be a real dance? That was me this morning. It wasn't much but it's good to see things moving the right way.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:42 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I do more of a fist pump, but yes.

The scale is holding steady for me, which is just what I want to see. Sometimes the first time I see a new lower number it doesn't "stick" and I go back up a pound or two for a few days before finally creeping back down to it. Seems like lately my losses are more trustworthy. I like this.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:00 am 
Impressive boner

I'm a bit disappointed with my weight loss. I rejoined Slimming World a couple of weeks ago and have lost 1lb so far. I'm trying to take solace in the fact that I weight train a lot and my clothes feel a little looser, but it's hard to get away from focusing on the numbers on the scale.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've been putting effort into making sure I have a healthy breakfast and healthy snacks and moderate sized meals for the past week, and it seems to be paying off, weight wise, as I've gone down half a point on the BBC's BMI chart.

I had a very slow start, so it's nice to see something happening, I just need to maintain the momentum now!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 pm 

I'm up about a pound because I've been overdoing sodium. 3,000-4,000 mg to be honest. But!- went shopping for some new clothes for school. I had my eye on some black skinny jeans, and I was hoping to squeeze my butt into a 14, but was prepared to grab a 16. Ended up purchasing 12s. On the downside, my boobs seem to be resisting change, though things around them are shrinking ever so slowly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I thought I was doing amazing thanks to a bad month of moving in the south and my dog dying, but it turns out my scale batteries were dying, so I have no idea. :D

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I love first week of a diet. Down 3lb! Only time I have been hungry was at work yesterday waiting to be allowed go on my break.

Only 2lb to go to get back to the weight I was early July.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Has anyone read "The Beck Diet Solution"? Did you find it useful?

I'm beginning the journey again. Still have 90+ pounds to lose. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:05 pm 

I've been thinking, since I'm going to have more money for food, I should attempt Eat to Live. I actually have attempted Eat to Live but it was getting expensive. There was a smaller variety of food I was ready to try then, too. I was thinking since I have so much weight to lose this would be a good place to start. It's that or juicing, which I also really want to do. I might mix the two.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

135.6! I did lose! (I bought batteries yesterday)

Ariann wrote:

I have and it does have some good strategies, but mostly it's like - right yourself cards of what you want to achieve, and think like a thin person and learn to be hungry sometimes, set a fancy table to eat at - i wouldn't buy it but if you can get it from a library it might be worth it.

GymClassZero wrote:
I've been thinking, since I'm going to have more money for food, I should attempt Eat to Live. I actually have attempted Eat to Live but it was getting expensive. There was a smaller variety of food I was ready to try then, too. I was thinking since I have so much weight to lose this would be a good place to start. It's that or juicing, which I also really want to do. I might mix the two.

here's my thing, and others might have the same issues, so i'll share. re: e2l and trying raw food. i find that I do these things because basically, i am a lazy silly vegan. i go days without eating more than one or two raw fruits or veggies, when the bulk of anyone's diet should be raw and cookied veggies. can i make it through the day on cereal and a sandwich of tofu and bread and a dinner of rice and beans? yes. should i throw in more veggies? HEAVENS YES.

e2l is great in theory, but it's so hard to eat beans and veggies w/o any salt or fat, I find. there's an e2l thread around here somewhere.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

appifanie wrote:

I have and it does have some good strategies, but mostly it's like - right yourself cards of what you want to achieve, and think like a thin person and learn to be hungry sometimes, set a fancy table to eat at - i wouldn't buy it but if you can get it from a library it might be worth it.

GymClassZero wrote:

here's my thing, and others might have the same issues, so i'll share. re: e2l and trying raw food. i find that I do these things because basically, i am a lazy silly vegan. i go days without eating more than one or two raw fruits or veggies, when the bulk of anyone's diet should be raw and cookied veggies. can i make it through the day on cereal and a sandwich of tofu and bread and a dinner of rice and beans? yes. should i throw in more veggies? HEAVENS YES.

e2l is great in theory, but it's so hard to eat beans and veggies w/o any salt or fat, I find. there's an e2l thread around here somewhere.

In my personal tastes, I actually usually prefer beans/veggies without salt & the fat I could take or leave. My downfall is usually in carbohydrates such as bread. And then peanut butter. So much peanut butter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

My body is weird. Lately my weight has gone "hold steady, hold steady, hold steady, hold steady, hold steady, drop precipitously." I just dropped 4 pounds, poof. I weighed myself like 6 times to be sure. Like "really scale? really? No. Seriously. how much do I ACTUALLY weigh?" Ha. I'm officially down 20. Nice.

My 2 cents on ETL... I think it's a good read, and it gave me a lot to think about. It was fun to try some of the recipes. Ultimately I rarely have time to eat that way more than a couple days in a row - it's a lot of washing & chopping veggies & such. I had to find a happy medium. I think it's a great thing to try, if you need a boost to get yourself in the habit of eating more fresh veggies, but go in knowing it's kinda strict.

This kind of ties into my 2 cents on diet books/plans in general.

In the past, I have lost weight by various methods where the idea was to Do This Thing Until The Weight Is Off, Then Do Something Less Hard To Keep It Off. All generally versions of things where there are lists of Things That Are On Your Diet and Things That Are Not On Your Diet. And honestly... that ends one of two ways for me: 1) I'm not able to Do This Thing long enough to get the weight off, or 2) when I stop Doing This Thing I gain the weight back. The reality is, this (losing >100 pounds) is going to take a long time. Could be 2 years, I won't know until I get there. Any anything I can't see myself doing for life, I probably can't keep up doing for two years in the first place. So my new thing is, if I'm not willing to do it FOREVER, I don't make it part of my weight loss plan. Period.

I know that I will not be able to work out 5-7 days a week for the rest of my life. I'm going to be busy, sick, injured, stressed, pregnant, traveling, at various points in the next 50 years and it will not happen. So I don't work out 5-7 days now and have no plans to. 3 days a week I can do, so that's what I do. If I have a week where I have extra energy and time and feel like doing more for fun, sure. But it's not a "if I don't do this I'm so mad at me" thing. Food-wise, I know I'm not going to go the rest of my life without eating french fries, cookies, biscoff spread, holiday meals, takeout, whatever. So nothing is "off limits". There's no such thing as "oh bad me today I ate something that was Not On My Diet." Everything is on my diet; I just only eat as much of it as fits into my calories for the day. Yeah I want to eat healthy, more veggies and all that, but the fact is there will be days where I can't, and that's okay. I can still do stuff like make better choices for dinner takeout, or eat half a bagel instead of a whole one when I don't have time to make breakfast, or have tea (black) instead of coffee (piles of sugar & soy milk).

Maybe everyone reading this is going "thanks Captain Obvious," but you know, that is different for me lately. I used to be very all or nothing.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:37 pm 
Impressive boner

Last night I'd lost 2lbs, tonight I've gained back 2.5lbs. It could be an impending period, three very tough weightlifting sessions, being off my food (and therefore not making wise decisions at mealtimes), lack of planning, or just eating a few too many sandwiches and treats.

Either way, there'll be a positive difference this time next week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Probably just water weight. I'd bet on the period + weightlifting. I'm sure you'll see a difference soon!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:21 pm 

Perhaps just eating more fruits/veggies would be best in general. I admit I love my oil and salt. I'm not bathing my food in it, it's just... it needs it. Hmmm.

Weight is going back down a little at a time after cutting back on sodium! So yay.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:49 pm 
WRETCHED

I weighed in and lost another 2 lbs which is 8 lbs total for the last few weeks. VERY excited! Things are working.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mack the Spork wrote:
Food-wise, I know I'm not going to go the rest of my life without eating french fries, cookies, biscoff spread, holiday meals, takeout, whatever. So nothing is "off limits". There's no such thing as "oh bad me today I ate something that was Not On My Diet." Everything is on my diet; I just only eat as much of it as fits into my calories for the day. Yeah I want to eat healthy, more veggies and all that, but the fact is there will be days where I can't, and that's okay. I can still do stuff like make better choices for dinner takeout, or eat half a bagel instead of a whole one when I don't have time to make breakfast, or have tea (black) instead of coffee (piles of sugar & soy milk).

Maybe everyone reading this is going "thanks Captain Obvious," but you know, that is different for me lately. I used to be very all or nothing.

Yeah, this has been a huge part of why I've been able to lose weight this time around too (not that I ever really tried before, it was always more like 'I'm going to eat this salad and then see what happens'). The whole 'bad foods' thing is bullshiitake (other than non-vegan foods, of course!) and totally unsustainable. Last night I wanted to have cake for dinner, and it fit in to my calorie plan for the day so I did. If I want mac and cheese, I'll have it but just have a salad or something for lunch. Or if I want to bake cookies or make ice cream, I will, and I'll just make something from AFR for dinner.

I'm still just a couple of kilos away from my goal weight, which is where I've been for a couple of weeks. So close!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 pm 
WRETCHED

What has helped me is counting calories and not stressing if I'm a bit over. I used to always try to keep my calories below my goal amount and I'd get upset if I went over. I am giving myself some slack. It also helps to know because previously, I think I would eat too little because I was guesstimating so then I would binge because I wasn't feeding myself properly.

Also, the daily exercise routine helps me too. My moods are so much better and I feel like I have a lot more energy. I'm ok if I need to take a day off but I haven't felt the need to yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 pm 
***LIES!!!***

appifanie wrote:

Ariann wrote:

So I actually own it already and have read it once before, but obviously I did not stick to its principles and then gained weight back. I'm wondering if there's anybody out there who really stuck to its rules and lost weight and kept it off. Some of the rules I think are really essential for me - pre-plan what you're going to eat and check off, sit when you eat, learn to deal with and accept hunger (I go into crazy panic mode when hungry and turn into a psychopath, it's really a problem), learn to deal with the unfairness of dieting, etc. I think the principle that you have to talk back to your self-sabotage is good, but it's a hard thing for me to stick with doing. Eventually the "it's not fair," "I just really want it," "it won't matter this once" stuff wins.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm 
Semen Strong

The thing that gets me isn't the "its not fair" or "it doesn't matter" or "I want it." Its the "oh crepe, I failed to plan and now I have to eat and I don't feel like doing what it would take to have a healthy meal so let me eat a bag of chips." And I have a sweet tooth that could dig its own way to China if there was sugar there.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:20 pm 
Saggy Butt

i fell off the wagon! not good to do just after ordering a bridesmaid dress. needless to say, i went for a fitting and it WOULDN'T DO UP. i couldn't tell by how much, but rather than have the seamstress let it out, i asked her if i could come back in a month. she seemed to think it was a fine idea, so i'm assuming i'm not that far off. still. ahh!

so, back to it. it's a little stressful but pretty motivating to have a solid goal. so happy to be able to come here and read all of your feats!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
The thing that gets me isn't the "its not fair" or "it doesn't matter" or "I want it." Its the "oh crepe, I failed to plan and now I have to eat and I don't feel like doing what it would take to have a healthy meal so let me eat a bag of chips." And I have a sweet tooth that could dig its own way to China if there was sugar there.

We shall chat about this on Saturday, coaching buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:

Are you me? I only ate a Lara Bar for dinner tonight because I failed to plan and my back was too sore. I'd have eaten junk food if I'd had any.

Lesson learned (until I unlearn it again): stock up on Amy's meals for days like today.

The worst part is that without the junk food meals, the sweet treats would be totally fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 144  Next