| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:09 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Don't diss water weight - instant gratification like that is exactly what you need when starting a diet. Put it like this: You've lost four pounds by changing your habits. There's no "just" about it. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:51 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

*sighs* Sometimes I hate being a woman. Thanks to PMS and out of control sugar cravings I ended up putting on another 2lbs. I'm back to where I started 3 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:19 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Lately I started to eat low-carb in the evenings which got me thinking about my protein intake. I rarely eat beans, tofu and such, which is not good, I know. So, I believe I have been eating not enough protein in the past, but otherwise, I eat pretty healthy (almost no sugar, snacks etc.). Could that be a reason I didnt really loose weight? I go to classes at my gym about once a week and do ballroom dancing once a week, too, so I am no couch potatoe *all* the time... also my way to and from work adds up to a 3k walk each day. what do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

hello weight loss friends! i need to start commenting on this forum regularly...

since july i've lost about 8.5 lbs. i know i could have lost more if i had been more consistent. i'm trying to motivate myself with a race i'm running on thanksgiving... 4 3/4 miles, so i need to train! i'm running 3-4 times a week now! i'm hoping i'll be down about 12-15 pounds by then.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm down to 27 on the BBC's BMI chart now. Slow and steady! Got to not get impatient, as the last thing I want to do is crash diet in impatience only to pile it all back on, which is what happened the last time I lost a lot of weight.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:02 pm 

dropscone wrote:
I'm down to 27 on the BBC's BMI chart now. Slow and steady! Got to not get impatient, as the last thing I want to do is crash diet in impatience only to pile it all back on, which is what happened the last time I lost a lot of weight.
Well done! I got a little overexcited when I went from a 25 on the BMI to a 24.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:12 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Thanks Gulliver, and well done to you too!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:09 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Weight is creeping ever so slowly down... my friend and I are already dreaming of our "under 200" party. It's been so long for both of us since we've been under 200, so we're really, really excited. Not long to go!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My gym was being refurbished, and then I had a really horrible period, so I didn't go to the gym at all in the last, let's say, 4 weeks. But I've been calorie counting (apart from when Bun was here) and walking to work every day, and...

I LOST 3 KILOS!!!

In fact, I might actually be down 4 since the last time I weighed myself at the gym. Anyway, I'm treating myself to a Freenut butter and jam sammich since I also did almost an hour of cardio and burned off more than I ate for breakfast. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:29 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Go, you! To be fair, when I was here, you did a looooot of walking so it probably evened out!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So frustrated. Thanks to the medication I am on I am getting really intense sugar cravings. Despite eating enough calories and lots of good balanced meals at 9pm I was feeling physically weak with sugar cravings. I managed to stave it off with banana and strawberry soft-serve then headed to bed.

The good news is the meds I am on seem to be finally kicking in and the past two days I have gone out for 2 walks each day so hopefully I will start to burn off some of these extra pounds I am carrying.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:36 am 

I lost two pound this week! I felt like I was eating too much and wasn't feeling any different so that was a welcomed result.

This week I am making it my goal to run more regularly throughout the week (after work). I have been saving my until the end of the week and letting like four days go before I run again...not good. But hey, at least I'm running?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Actually down a 1lb this week! Wooooohooooo!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:03 pm 

Congrats butternut and daisychain! I finally got back to my stadium steps climb workout that I'd missed for two weeks. Gave me a boost in self esteem so I feel thinner! No idea if I've gained/lost (still not looking at the scale) in the last couple weeks, but I'm hoping with getting back into my regular routine, I'll start losing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:01 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Wow, everybody! Lots of good news these last few pages! I've been to busy too ppk for a while, booooo.

Doing well though. Down ~22 pounds so far, over about 12, 12.5 weeks. So my average rate of loss is slowing, but not by much and it's still quite respectable. I don't expect that's "real" anyway. I've been sitting at more or less the same weight for a week or two (I think... I don't log it if it hasn't changed). But looking back, my average calorie consumption went up a bit, not last week but in all three weeks prior to that (more days going over my limit) and my exercise went down - of the 3 weeks, I had 1 where I ran 2/3 times and one where I ran 1/3 times. I've been consistent again last week & this week, so I expect I'll see the scale move a bit next week.

I love my bar graphs.

Plus I had a great run today, and my pants feel straight up enormous. I might actually have to go shopping before vacation!

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been at 48kg for about the last week- which makes it 20 kilos/44 pounds (ish- I didn't have a scale before but I remember being 68kg when I weighed myself at someone else's house late last year) lost! This has been my goal weight for the last little while and my weight loss has slowed right down over the last couple of months, so I think I'm hitting my naturally comfortable weight or whatever and will probably move onto a 'maintaining' calorie plan soon.

Downside- I pretty much need a whole new wardrobe. I'm going shopping on the weekend, I just wish I had enough money to be able to enjoy it properly!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:22 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

An old friend is in town from far away and every night it's like going out to eat and having beers. Also I'm having to squeeze in meager exercise time between all the touristy stuff, I'm up 4#. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Erinnerung wrote:
I've been at 48kg for about the last week- which makes it 20 kilos/44 pounds (ish- I didn't have a scale before but I remember being 68kg when I weighed myself at someone else's house late last year) lost! This has been my goal weight for the last little while and my weight loss has slowed right down over the last couple of months, so I think I'm hitting my naturally comfortable weight or whatever and will probably move onto a 'maintaining' calorie plan soon.

Downside- I pretty much need a whole new wardrobe. I'm going shopping on the weekend, I just wish I had enough money to be able to enjoy it properly!

Wow! Amazing weight loss. Well done you!
I've just about re bought my wardrobe from charity shops! It's been great fun & I've got some fantastic stuff which I couldn't have afforded in the shops, ever! As I've gone visiting friends I've gone to the charity shops in their towns or cities.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Down 2 pounds!!! I've been eating reasonably well and exercising like crazy, generally at least 30 minutes of cardio and at least 45 minutes of yoga a day, plus some weight training. Glad it's finally paying off.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I haven't checked in here since July! Sorry guys!i am glad so many of you are doing so well,it is wonderful!

I am at 148. Nt great, but pretty good. Slowly I am losing weight. Slowly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm down another pound this week! I'm sure it would be more if I hadn't exercised just so I could eat cake. But Mike's birthday week is over and the cake is almost gone, so next week I'll use those extra calories from exercising to eat fruit and veg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:28 pm 

Congrats Littlebear and rachel37. I lost .7 lbs this week, which I know I shouldn't be disappointed in, but I am kinda of blah about it. I wish that it didn't take so long for healthier habits to show results. In exercise news, I lost a toenail. Yay! I guess that proves I'm running more regularly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:32 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Butternut, I'm cheering for your 0.7 pound, but shuddering for your toenail. Eeuuuuuhhuhuhuhuhhh..... haha.

I'm down another pound (maybe 2; will see in the AM), and officially 1 pants size, as I went out and bought jeans tonight.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:00 pm 

Mack the Spork wrote:
Butternut, I'm cheering for your 0.7 pound, but shuddering for your toenail. Eeuuuuuhhuhuhuhuhhh..... haha.

I'm down another pound (maybe 2; will see in the AM), and officially 1 pants size, as I went out and bought jeans tonight.

Yay new jeans! That's such a good feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Down another 2 pounds! Apparently Vinyasa is where it's at. My pants are fitting looser, yay!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 145  Next