| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I realized yesterday/today that I've lost the feeling of being hungry or feeling full. Like I just eat when it's time to eat or out of boredom, and I never seem to get full. I've been gaining about 2 pounds a week. I need to get a handle on this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:23 pm 
Semen Strong

There should be an Indian buffet button that just blows up your day....

I did pretty well sticking to cabbage curry as the bulk of my meal and adding veg curries (chickpea, mixed veg), avoiding the rice and the breads, but I did eat the pakoras, so I still feel so completely stuffed. I might explode.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:42 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Silly weight loss goal: I would like to go back to wearing a D-cup bra so I can actually buy bras at regular department stores (currently an F-cup, yikes)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Scale says in back to Pre-freak out weight. But, my inches are the same as post-freakout? I don't get it. Im bloated and my clothes are uncomfy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:50 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

That is totally not a silly goal at all! I am not well-endowed in the boobage department but I have more than enough hips and butt and I recall the day I discovered that I couldn't wear any of the pants at the "regular" store was not only sad but such a pain!!! So out of curiousity do you find you lose weight from your breasts first or because that is where you want the weight to come off it is the last to go? My boobs always further shrink as soon as I start to lose weight while my behind fat stays stubbornly in place until all other available fat has been used.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm 
WRETCHED

Fat comes off from where it likes to come off. I have small boobage comparatively and I found my boobs 'got bigger' which really just means, my band size went down, boobs stayed same, cup size went up. So I was a 44B at one point, lost weight, became 38D.

I'd say don't worry about what comes off first though as things will come off in the weirdest places like my feet shrunk, fingers shrunk, neck shrunk, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Hah, I know. I am *hoping* to be a D cup (or hell, even lower) because when I weighed ~130 I wore a 32D. Of course I am a little bit saggier now so if I go to the bra store after I've hit my goal and discover I wear a 30GGGG or something I will cry. Honestly, I don't really care what numbers are on the damn bra, I just want to be able to find ones that fit in a normal store!

My boobs don't shrink first, everything just gradually shrinks overall. Your results may vary, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:18 pm 
WRETCHED

I gained weight back but it would be interesting to see if my cup size would keep increasing as I lost weight, by the time I got to 32, I'd be a DDD or something haha.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
Semen Strong

My boobs really haven't even gotten big while breastfeeding. The added breast tissue migrated to my armpits, so apart from a brief engorgement, I just have been gypped out of having voluptuous breasts.

All my weight goes straight to my stomach. And it never wants to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:12 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've been measuring and I seem to lose weight out of my boobs, my waist and my hips first. There's been literally no lost inches in my thighs or arms since I started measuring like a month and a half ago. Weeirddd.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 pm 

I find the last put on is the first to come off rule to be pretty accurate in my experience.

I'm not losing any weight right now. I'm so annoyed with it that I'm taking a break from tracking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

ndpittman wrote:
I realized yesterday/today that I've lost the feeling of being hungry or feeling full. Like I just eat when it's time to eat or out of boredom, and I never seem to get full. I've been gaining about 2 pounds a week. I need to get a handle on this.

I haven't been able to get full the last few weeks, either. I thought maybe I was pregnant :|

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Limone wrote:
Silly weight loss goal: I would like to go back to wearing a D-cup bra so I can actually buy bras at regular department stores (currently an F-cup, yikes)

Even being a DD, I can only buy bras at Victoria's Secret. No other stores carry anything over a C or D.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:17 am 
WRETCHED

Bridgettebakes wrote:
Limone wrote:

Even being a DD, I can only buy bras at Victoria's Secret. No other stores carry anything over a C or D.

Larger department stores should including Nordstrom.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:42 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Bridgettebakes wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

I haven't been able to get full the last few weeks, either. I thought maybe I was pregnant :|

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, and she suggested getting my thyroid checked, so I'm passing that along. I think my issue is psychological, but I'll probably get my thyroid checked again. I ask to get it checked at most physicals and it always just turns out I'm depressed.

And like tofulish said, sometimes I think I'm actually tired and eat to keep going. Or I'm thirsty and eat when I should just have a glass of water.

Lillianp, there's a good article in Runner's World this month about dieting and training (anywhere from 5K to marathon). Not vegan, but pretty easily adaptable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am 
Semen Strong

I hear you Butternut, and that has been my experience. Esp with PCOS, the last pounds seem to hang around forever. The first few pounds come off easyish (I've lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks since I started tracking), so I have now just traversed the boundary from a BMI that was obese to overweight. I still have 16 lbs to lose to be at a "normal" weight. But I know that those last ten are so hard to shake. And that isn't even getting to the weight I was before we started trying to conceive (another 6lbs less), which I got to last time by spending 2 hours a day in the gym - one hour lifting and one hour doing cardio. I was superfit and loved the way I felt and looked, but I just don't have time like that at the moment.

I'm a bit nervous about hitting a plateau where I feel like all I am doing is depriving myself to stay at the same weight. So I am definitely not going too extreme - more tracking and trying to be mindful than actually restricting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 am 

ndpittman wrote:
Lillianp, there's a good article in Runner's World this month about dieting and training (anywhere from 5K to marathon). Not vegan, but pretty easily adaptable.

Oh, good to know! I'll have to find that. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

linanil wrote:
Bridgettebakes wrote:
Limone wrote:

Larger department stores should including Nordstrom.

That's true. I didn't find any in Jc Penny, and Nordstrom's started around $68... which is more than I'd like to spend. Plus they weren't as comfortable/supportive as VS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

ndpittman wrote:
Bridgettebakes wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, and she suggested getting my thyroid checked, so I'm passing that along. I think my issue is psychological, but I'll probably get my thyroid checked again. I ask to get it checked at most physicals and it always just turns out I'm depressed.

I've had mine checked a few times, and it always comes back normal. I just started tracking again, so I'm sure smaller portions is why I haven't been feeling full. But, even when I go overboard I can still out-eat everyone, haha. Shucks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:19 pm 
WRETCHED

Bridgettebakes wrote:
That's true. I didn't find any in Jc Penny, and Nordstrom's started around $68... which is more than I'd like to spend. Plus they weren't as comfortable/supportive as VS.

If you like like VS, I'd stay with them but I never cared for their bras. Brands that carry larger cup sizes that would be in the price range of VS or cheaper include Glamorise, Maidenform, Olga, Bali, Goddess, Lilyette, Wacoal, Lunaire and others. These you should be able to find in department stores including Nordstrom.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

linanil wrote:
Bridgettebakes wrote:

If you like like VS, I'd stay with them but I never cared for their bras. Brands that carry larger cup sizes that would be in the price range of VS or cheaper include Glamorise, Maidenform, Olga, Bali, Goddess, Lilyette, Wacoal, Lunaire and others. These you should be able to find in department stores including Nordstrom.

You can also find most of those brands at less expensive department stores, like Kohl's (which also has % off coupons sometimes). DD is trickier than A-D sizes, but can still be found in most regular department stores unless you wear an especially small or large band size.

Another thing: VS is sort of notorious for having weird sizing and employees that don't really know how to do bra fittings. Even if you can't afford to go to a fancy bra shop to get a fitting, I'd recommend checking out some of the other brands linanil mentioned because the sizing seems to be more consistent and some of those brands (like Maidenform, Olga, Bali) are of better quality in my opinion. Once you find a bra you like you can look up the style number online and you might even be able to find cheap ones on ebay! People sell a lot of new or new without tags bras on there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:51 pm 
WRETCHED

Limone wrote:
linanil wrote:
Bridgettebakes wrote:

You can also find most of those brands at less expensive department stores, like Kohl's (which also has % off coupons sometimes). DD is trickier than A-D sizes, but can still be found in most regular department stores unless you wear an especially small or large band size.

Another thing: VS is sort of notorious for having weird sizing and employees that don't really know how to do bra fittings. Even if you can't afford to go to a fancy bra shop to get a fitting, I'd recommend checking out some of the other brands linanil mentioned because the sizing seems to be more consistent and some of those brands (like Maidenform, Olga, Bali) are of better quality in my opinion. Once you find a bra you like you can look up the style number online and you might even be able to find cheap ones on ebay! People sell a lot of new or new without tags bras on there.

Yeah, I buy most of my bras from BareNecessities.com and they have a variety of brands plus they have a variety of sales/coupons. So I keep an eye on the brands I like and buy them when they are on sale and many times I can get a bra I like for half off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Thanks for the tips, you two! Maybe the stores around me just suck. I've never had luck finding any of those brands. I generally can find one brand in my size, but they are super embellished, and lacy, which I don't like since it shows through shirts.

I've heard the sizing discrepancy issue with VS, so I could be in the wrong size.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm just totally failing at eating good at present. I weighed in Monday at 135.5lbs.

I have the psych on Friday so going to ask her can I reduce the dose of the tablet that causes me to have an uncontrollable appetite.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I have officially topped my previous highest weight ever, so I decided it's time to do something. I'm trying Weight Watchers online (currently on day 3). I like the apps - that's definitely going to help me out, since I can scan stuff at the grocery store to find points values, and track what I eat at work. I imagine the first couple of weeks will have decent losses, since I'm not eating an entire bag of chips in one sitting anymore. We'll see!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 145  Next