| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 146  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Today and yesterday I'm a little over in calories but since MFP has my goal at 1200 and general consensus is that that's pretty low, I'm trying not to worry. We're only talking 30 cals today and about 50 yesterday so it's not a huge difference.

But that's not what I'm here for. I just tried on a pile of pairs of shorts that I tried on before going to Florida in January. One pair did not even do up last time. A couple others were so snug that they would have been painful to wear. Now, they all went on without fighting and pain and sadness! Don't get me wrong, the tightest pairs still left me with a dirty muffin top but now I'm hopeful I'll be able to wear them when summer comes. Which means I don't need to worry about buying clothes and might be able to afford to take the dogs to the vet!

This is big news since I don't think I was able to wear quite a few last summer. YAY.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:17 pm 
Saggy Butt

Woot! I love getting to wear clothes I couldn't before. That's so exciting, Moon!

I am doing badly on calories today. I just feel so hungry, I haven't felt this way in a while.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

ashley wrote:
It's all in how you use it. I think it's a great tool, but I use it strictly as a tracker and have set my own goals. It does bother me when I see friends on there who clearly are not eating enough, and I hope MFP's "advice" isn't leading them in the wrong direction.

Agreed.

My husband is home for the first time in two months, and while I won't say my good eating habits are completely out the window, it is harder not to graze, as well as overindulge more often since I'm sort of in "vacation" mode when he's home. (He works two states away & is gone 4-5 weeks, then home for a week. But this time he was gone almost twice as long).

Our situation is not ideal, but I am figuring out an upshot of our particulars is that it is easier to eat exactly how I want to eat while he is gone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

geeksweetheart wrote:
Woot! I love getting to wear clothes I couldn't before. That's so exciting, Moon!

I am doing badly on calories today. I just feel so hungry, I haven't felt this way in a while.

We all have those days. Eat plenty of healthy, non triggering foods and move on.

I'm sort of the same today, but I'm too dizzy to do anything about it. I made a smoothie, but for some reason Vitamix didn't blend my hemp seeds, so it was really gross and I threw it out.

I'm hopeful the iron infusion tomorrow will make at least enough difference to get me back where I was before my last period. Then I'll have the energy to make healthy foods and do the water aerobics.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 pm 
Saggy Butt

Well, way over on cals, but I successfully avoided eating toast with EB on top of everything else so I'ma call that a win. And honestly night and day in comparison to my old eat-a-whole-pizza-or-two-fast-food-sandwiches habit. I think my problem was not enough protein or fat during the day so I was starving by the time I got home. I had ezekiel cereal with strawberries for breakfast and big salad and carrot raisin salad for lunch. I think I do better when breakfast is something like hummus on toast.

I can't wait until I have health insurance so I can start exercising again. 5 more weeks (I changed jobs in February) In 09 I had a huge(like watermelon size, literally) tumor removed along with my ovaries, unfortunately. This past year I was working out with a personal trainer and really getting stronger and then I had several huge incisional hernias and had to have surgery. When I moved in January my tum started hurting so I'm afraid to do anything now until I'm covered if my belly splits again. Blerg.

Lavawitch, hugs, that anemia crepe really must suck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh yikes. I'd be afraid to exercise now too.

I feel that paranoid about my back surgeries, but I have to get over that. I had an MRI recently, so I know things are same as ever, even with extra numbness sometimes creeping me out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:17 pm 
Semen Strong

Congratulations Moon and geek! Being able to fit into cute clothes is awesome!

The scale keeps moving steadily down, which is great. I'm eating about 1600 cals a day and breastfeeding, but not really exercising (past an incredibly slow hour long walk with a toddler and an old dog who sniffs every single blade of grass at least 2x).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:44 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That's great Tofulish!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:00 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Tofulish wrote:

The scale keeps moving steadily down, which is great. I'm eating about 1600 cals a day and breastfeeding, but not really exercising (past an incredibly slow hour long walk with a toddler and an old dog who sniffs every single blade of grass at least 2x).

That made me laugh out loud! I'm looking after a friend's dog right now and thought it would be a nice bonus workout to take him for walks every day, but no - we take 4 steps before stopping again to sniff the next most interesting thing in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Has anyone else had problems with MFP being down today? Boooooo!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Limone wrote:

Yup! Usually refreshing the page got it up again, but I kept getting 'down for maintenance' messages.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:12 pm 
Saggy Butt

Limone wrote:

Yeah! That was bogus!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Does anyone else use cronometer?
At the moment I am really confused about how many calories I should eat, to be honest. :(

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:23 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was meant to weigh myself this morning but felt so sick that I could remove some of the million layers of clothes I had on and it probably wouldn't be too accurate anyway since I'm swaying like a twig in a hurricane.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

VeganinBerlin wrote:
Does anyone else use cronometer?
At the moment I am really confused about how many calories I should eat, to be honest. :(

I do, because I track to see my micronutrient intake and MFP doesn't seem to really cover that.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:18 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Yeah, that's why I really like it! I just worry a bit because it's US based and I know some nutrients are differnt in Europe due to the soil being different. I should probably not worry that much though..

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Tofulish wrote:

The dog line made me laugh, as well. I'm training our new pup to try and walk with a slack leash, and holy crepe it isn't adding to my exercise regime! We'll get there, someday.

The fitting-back-into-cute-clothes posts made me dig out some clothes that are in storage; cherished T's I just couldn't bear to get rid of, etc, even though they haven't fit it 5+ years. I'm not there yet, but they are another goal/bonus to look keep me moving and motivate me. There is an awesome Pee-Wee/Chairy t-shirt, and an Andy Warhol-esque Elvis skirt to help me keep working towards my goals! Oh, and all the rest of the stuff still in my closet that has been too tight for the last few years but is starting to fit just a little bit better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:14 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Also, I've been zumba-ing for the last month, and really enjoying it. Clearly, this means laughing at myself. I'm starting to catch on to some of the routines, and my body awareness is slowly getting better, but I prefer hanging out in the back. However, last night I was forced to the front of the room because it was so busy. I'll admit being up by the mirror has it's perks. Realizing you look like a drowning swimmer flailing and thrashing whilst doing overhead arm exercises is not one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:17 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Weighed myself today, without any real hope/expectation of weight loss because I have had some "cheats" every day this week and haven't been able to exercise and lo and behold I am down 3 lbs which puts me at my first goal! The baby weight is officially gone! I still have 20 lbs to go to get where I really want to be, but I am ecstatic! It is so terrible that I want to celebrate by eating some sort of decadent cake...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:25 pm 
Semen Strong

Hurrah! I'm glad you're seeing nice results!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Completely and utterly decimated my calorie limit today, but sometimes beer and peanut butter brownies are more important than losing weight!

I got my period yesterday so I figure I'm allowed a bit of a cheat day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I've been really stressed and anxious lately, and I've been eating my feelings. Normally I'm really good at staying right at my limit, but the last few days, I just have not cared that much. Today I decided fast food was a good idea, and I went 300 over. It's not a huge deal and I'll run it off tomorrow (I run every other day anyway), but I didn't really NEED the chips and guac. I could have just eaten the burrito bowl and been satisfied. Oh well.

I also have not been cooking at all lately (or even grocery shopping) because I've been really tired and sad, so I've been snacking on a lot of packaged crepe, and I think it's making me feel worse in general.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 am 
WRETCHED

All I'm going to say is ugh. Sometimes I don't know if I should be laughing or crying.

Onward I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:56 am 
Saggy Butt

I had a bad calorie day yesterday too :( I hate PMS.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm with all of you on the bad day yesterday. Like twice as much as my recommended daily calorie intake. I'm not sweating it though. I'm just going to try to eat better today (and not let myself get too hungry) and try to move a little more. I skipped my work out to go to going away drinks for a total sweetheart who's leaving the company. I'm not sorry, but I need to get my butt moving today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 146  Next