| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

sneakers wrote:
Bought a scale; started back running with 5k the other day, and I'll do another 5k today or tomorrow (legs still hurt! out of shape!). My eating plan for this week was to stick to the 'serving size' of whatever junk treat I am having instead of nomming constantly on it throughout the day, which tends to add up to a few servings. I've managed to be good about it for the last couple of days, though the beginning of the week was a bit of a disaster (Easter treats! The scourge of my diet!). Forging ahead!

People having period-related munchies: maybe give yourself a little slack and choose a snack that is snacky but still not terrible for you? Popcorn (unless soaked in earth balance) tends to be pretty low calorie and you can eat a lot of it. Just an idea. And don't beat yourselves up; I was a crazy snacker during pms.

I bought some Endangered Species Surpreme dark chocolate squares for this. I know I'm going to want chocolate during that time, so I got some high quality stuff. It's not anything that I can go out of control with because it's rich, and I definitely feel like I've treated myself with only 50 calories/square.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:49 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

ndpittman wrote:
LizTheWiz wrote:
I don't know if I've gained weight, but I've definitely lost muscle from slacking off for 3 weeks (back was messed up, was sick a couple days, then just lazy). Plus, it's a few days before my period, so I stuff everything I can into my face. I feel like such a fat piece of crepe :(

I don't think I should really say this as advice or anything, but I usually cut myself some slack once a month during my period or right before, because I think, I'm thankful that my body is healthy and that I have a healthy cycle and whatnot.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way--maybe getting back into it with some light exercising would boost your mood? A nice long walk?

I went to the botanical garden at lunch and ran around and climbed some rocks :) Thanks for the support. I need to be less hard on myself

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:50 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I am okay with my weight right now, but I lost it rather unhealthily - through stress. Sooo, I'd like to hopefully maintain it healthily. And yeah that whole exercise thing, I should start doing it again.
*does a few crunches*

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Something a lot of people discuss on another weight loss forum I go to is the 'aha moment', I wrote about this in my blog, at:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/04/climbing-back-to-top-from-rock-bottom.html

and was wondering when you guys, esp those of you with a lot to lose, like myself, had your aha moment, if there was one at all, and what made this time different, if you have been successful this time.

?

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 am 
Ninja Master

the only downside of losing weight is the jeans that I only bought a month ago are now too big and look terrible. I need to buy new jeans again!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:40 pm 

baps wrote:
the only downside of losing weight is the jeans that I only bought a month ago are now too big and look terrible. I need to buy new jeans again!

I know the feeling! I'm also sort of in-between sizes right now, so the two dresses I just bought are a little big (yay! but boo!) at a size 4. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Two weeks of being a little bit (or maybe a lot!) indulgent and I've gained about 8lbs which will probably take about four weeks to lose again. All the cake and chocolate was not worth it (why couldn't I see that before I ate them?).

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, I've got exams over the next month which means I'm stuck at home all day and feeling really stressed and bored which inevitably leads to snacking too much and eating rubbish. On the plus side though, once I finish my exams I'll have a few months to focus completely on losing weight and I've got loads of plans for days out/weekend trips which mean that I won't be sitting at home eating out of boredom.

I'm in the great position of not having to worry about buying new jeans! I've got a whole wardrobe full of barely worn jeans which I bought just before I started gaining weight. My problem is that I only have a couple of pairs that fit now and one of them has just got a hole. I want to be back in my barely worn jeans before I have to buy new big ones.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:29 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

ndpittman wrote:
sneakers wrote:
Bought a scale; started back running with 5k the other day, and I'll do another 5k today or tomorrow (legs still hurt! out of shape!). My eating plan for this week was to stick to the 'serving size' of whatever junk treat I am having instead of nomming constantly on it throughout the day, which tends to add up to a few servings. I've managed to be good about it for the last couple of days, though the beginning of the week was a bit of a disaster (Easter treats! The scourge of my diet!). Forging ahead!

People having period-related munchies: maybe give yourself a little slack and choose a snack that is snacky but still not terrible for you? Popcorn (unless soaked in earth balance) tends to be pretty low calorie and you can eat a lot of it. Just an idea. And don't beat yourselves up; I was a crazy snacker during pms.

I bought some Endangered Species Surpreme dark chocolate squares for this. I know I'm going to want chocolate during that time, so I got some high quality stuff. It's not anything that I can go out of control with because it's rich, and I definitely feel like I've treated myself with only 50 calories/square.

YES, those are teh best! Because if you open a whole bar, it's like it's tempting you, but if you can unwrap and eat an entire piece, even a tiny one, that can be so helpful.

baps wrote:

Yes! I bought cute cargos and jeans and now they're too big. On the not really up side, it's officially super hot summer here so I won't need them much.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:19 am 

I am really considering my goal. I am looking at this process differently now, and it's just a way of life really, but the end weight I had in mind, I don't think my body likes it. I keep going up and down a pound, but kind of settling about where I am now. It's not a bad number, but it's not the one I wanted. I think I'm going to keep working out hard, but try to be OK with that number. As long as I feel strong and lean, I feel good.

To answer beyondwillpower, I didn't have an 'aha moment' as kind of a series of them. I didn't have a considerable amount to lose, but my goal of 33lbs wasn't anything that was going to be easy. I have a little crush on Jackie Warner, and was watching her show Thintervention and though, hey! I could do that. Around the same time I also started playing softball with some people at work, and actually expecting my body to do things made me want to fuel it differently. This led to buying Jackie Warner's and Jillian Michael's books, which led to Skinny bisque, which led to now!

One thing that got me though a bit before my change (which was right around my 1st wedding anniversary) was that my underwear weren't fitting. I hadn't had a problem going up a pants size or two (or three), but there was something about buying larger underwear that really made me feel like I'd reached the point where I needed to get back into control. Also I was getting very close to weighing 160, which may not seem like a lot, but I'm just under 5'3", and it was the most I'd ever weighed.

Like I was saying earlier, I'm trying not to focus on the numbers, but I would like to feel like a ninja warrior, and it may have been a crush on Jackie Warner and tight underpants that got me on my way.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Started running last week. I've only run 3x (today will be the 4th) but I already feel awesome about it. I lost a pound, too! I've also been pretty good about the less snacking-more healthy eating this week, and that feels like quite the accomplishment.

ndpittman, there is totally a point where your body is 'happy.' It's one of those things that one shouldn't fight too much - as long as you're living a healthy, active lifestyle, and you feel good, you are probably where you should be! Trying to lose more is a losing (hee! pun!) battle. I know that sucks when you have a number in mind though. But congrats on what you've done and moving forward to maintain it!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:36 pm 
Dead by dawn

I'm down 15.5 pounds now and I'm just frustrated! I started off as a big size 12, spilling into a 14. Now I have size 12 jeans that I can pull off without unbuttoning/unzipping, size 12s that I'm just squeezing into, some size 10s that fit... women's sizing is ludicrous!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Diet's not going too well, gained some of the weight back. Too many desserts, I believe. And not enough vegetables. And no exercise. It takes sooo long to lose weight and very little time to gain. That's not fair. Also, I need new clothes. I wish clothes would magically shrink or grow with you as you lose/gain weight.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 pm 

kimba wrote:
Diet's not going too well, gained some of the weight back. Too many desserts, I believe. And not enough vegetables. And no exercise. It takes sooo long to lose weight and very little time to gain. That's not fair. Also, I need new clothes. I wish clothes would magically shrink or grow with you as you lose/gain weight.

Amen! I should buy a pair of jeans that fit, but jeans are so expensive! And I kind of want nicer ones, but I'm hesitant to commit because I don't know how my weight is going to continue to fluctuate, if I'll lose anymore, etc.

Try not to be hard on yourself, kimba--just get some veggies and a little activity! (I think desserts are sometimes totally necessary, and I can't imagine a life without them. For me, I just have to remember one is not necessary after every meal!)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:49 pm 

I feel like I've been trying to lose 'my last 15lbs' for 2 years now. ARGH.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:46 am 
Ninja Master

monkeytoes wrote:
I'm down 15.5 pounds now and I'm just frustrated! I started off as a big size 12, spilling into a 14. Now I have size 12 jeans that I can pull off without unbuttoning/unzipping, size 12s that I'm just squeezing into, some size 10s that fit... women's sizing is ludicrous!

It really is, it's so frustrating. A UK16 is usually too big for me, a lot of 14s fit but some are tight and give me a muffin top.

I bought a pair of size 14 trousers yesterday (as the same pair I had already in a 16 are ridiculously huge and fall to the floor if I put my hand in the air!!) and they are big on me, but not so big that a 12 would have fitted. Can't win, being in between sucks.

According to sparkpeople, I've lost 41 pounds since I started dieting (that's 2 years ago and I haven't constantly been dieting). I've still got some to go but I can't believe it's that much.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:19 am 
Impressive boner

What sorts of things do you eat for breakfast?

It's my most problematic meal of the day. I'm right off porridge at the moment and often don't eat until I get to work.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:13 am 

monkeytoes wrote:

yup, totally. when i started most 14s were snug and one pair was a tiny bit too big. i was super excited the other day when i got into a pair of 8 shorts rather comfortably, but other 8s and some 10s even are too snug - at the SAME STORE. oy.

8ball wrote:

It's my most problematic meal of the day. I'm right off porridge at the moment and often don't eat until I get to work.

i like smoothies - they're quick and easy and low points (i'm doing ww). my favorite is 1 cup soy milk, 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp rice protein.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:09 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

I think I need to start joining y'all in this thread. In the past four years, I put on 15-20 pounds (depending on the day/scale). I was ok with 10 pounds, but now none of my clothes fit and my body shape is actually changing.

Unfortunately I'm the world's worst dieter--a sugar junkie who doesn't understand the basics of weight loss--so I'm probably doomed to failure.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:17 pm 

appifanie wrote:
i like smoothies - they're quick and easy and low points (i'm doing ww). my favorite is 1 cup soy milk, 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp rice protein.

What brand protein do you use? I haven't been back to the protein thread to check.
8ball wrote:

Most mornings I've been eating fruit and cereal. I've found one type of Nature's Path that I love, called something like Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise or something. Not sure if they have it in the UK. I really try to fill the bowl up with mostly fruit though, bananas, strawberries, and blueberries usually. Or I'll have toast or an English muffin with nut butter and banana.

Adah wrote:
I think I need to start joining y'all in this thread. In the past four years, I put on 15-20 pounds (depending on the day/scale). I was ok with 10 pounds, but now none of my clothes fit and my body shape is actually changing.

Unfortunately I'm the world's worst dieter--a sugar junkie who doesn't understand the basics of weight loss--so I'm probably doomed to failure.

I know just how you feel! I had the slow creep up and then one day I was about 30 pounds more than I used to weigh and at my heaviest weight. It got to the point where my whole face looked different!

I think it helps to look at it not as a diet but rather just something that you do now. Try to get full from fruits and veggies and try to put some kind of activity into each day. This weekend I didn't go to the gym or anything, but I've been commuting by bicycling, and it feels great! Maybe others can speak to this as well, but I think your tastes eventually change a bit, too. Like yesterday I was craving sugar and gave in to a sundae, but today I felt icky and just wanted fruits and veggies! I used to want to smack people who said that, but your body/mind starts wanting different stuff, especially if you're active, but you need better fuel.

Also, sizes are stupid; you all are doing wonderfully!! Just stay active!! :-D

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:46 pm 

ndpittman wrote:
appifanie wrote:

What brand protein do you use? I haven't been back to the protein thread to check.

OK, I finally looked up thread in the protein thread, and the Nutribiotic Rice Protein in Vanilla is the last packet that I got and so far the only one I could stomach. I kept trying to get Vega because I wanted it to be the best, but it just tasted like weird Stevia aftertaste. I think I might commit to an actual container of the Nutribiotic.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:11 pm 

ndpittman wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
appifanie wrote:

OK, I finally looked up thread in the protein thread, and the Nutribiotic Rice Protein in Vanilla is the last packet that I got and so far the only one I could stomach. I kept trying to get Vega because I wanted it to be the best, but it just tasted like weird Stevia aftertaste. I think I might commit to an actual container of the Nutribiotic.

yep, the nutribiotic. try that with the blueberry/banana/soy. it's addictive magic.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:29 pm 

appifanie wrote:

yep, the nutribiotic. try that with the blueberry/banana/soy. it's addictive magic.

I was planning on doing something like that, but with almond milk and maybe strawberries, too, as they were buy one get one free at the grocery store today, and I want to use them up! With the single packet I did almond milk, frozen banana, and a bit of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter; it was amazing! Seemed more like a milk shake than a smoothie though--not necessarily a bad thing!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:01 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I have a breakfast shake almost every day but I have yet to add protein to it. I normally do a banana, a cup of almond milk, a half cup of oj, and a cup of fruit of frozen fruit - anything from strawberries to raspberries to peaches and often a mix of all three. I'm going to have to check out or local health store for the nutribiotic.

My trail run this week hurt my knees and sidelined me for a few days. Hopefully I'll be okay to keep going this week after several days of rest. I'm just starting to get into a happy routine that will result in some steady weightloss; if I have to take too much time off I'm afraid of losing motivation!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:21 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

Today was my healthiest day yet: steel cut oats with blueberries for breakfast; spaghetti with beanballs and veggies for a late lunch; and a big plate of brussel sprouts cooked without oil for a dinner (I didn't mean to make it a mono-meal, but I can't resist a pan of brussels NOM). I also had a luna bar to ward off junk food urges. I hope that I can keep this up. I'm kind of afraid that I'm eating too many calories, but I also kind of like the ETL ethos of eating large quantities of nutrient rich food, so I guess I'll see how it goes.

I need to stop weighing myself because the scale is all over the place. After breakfast I was down 5 pounds (compared to a few days ago), but this evening I was up another 7 or so. It's kind of crazy how all over the place it is, that my weight could vary by nearly 10 pounds over the course of a day. I wonder if my scale is broken.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:41 pm 
Dead by dawn

Adah wrote:
I need to stop weighing myself because the scale is all over the place. After breakfast I was down 5 pounds (compared to a few days ago), but this evening I was up another 7 or so. It's kind of crazy how all over the place it is, that my weight could vary by nearly 10 pounds over the course of a day. I wonder if my scale is broken.

I only ever weigh myself first thing in the morning. I'd never have a clue whether I was losing or not if I weighed myself at random times throughout the day. Even so, I see a lot of fluctutation depending on how well hydrated I am, etc... As long as the overall trajectory over the course of weeks is in the right direction, I try not to fuss too much about the ups and downs. I never understand why the trainers freak out so bad on the Biggest Loser if someone doesn't lose anything for a week. It might just be a bad day for them to weigh in; maybe if the weigh in had been a day earlier or a day later, they'd have shown up losing 4 pounds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 145  Next