| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am 
Discovered unobtainium

8" isnt a ton?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:11 am 
WRETCHED

Yeah, 8" is a lot!

I wore jeans yesterday that I refused to wear 2 weeks ago due to being too tight. I guess that is some progress.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Whee! Yay. I love that feeling.

I'm being healthy today. I got a soy latte this morning instead of making a smoothie (ok, that part isn't ideal), and had an AFR hummus/falafel salad for lunch with some butter lettuce, a little goddess dressing and half a tortilla.

Not sure what I'll do for dinner. The %^#^$%# Easter Bunny brought me a basket stuffed with all the best Wegman's had to offer in the chocolate department. I need to forget that exists.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

linanil wrote:
Yeah, 8" is a lot!

I wore jeans yesterday that I refused to wear 2 weeks ago due to being too tight. I guess that is some progress.

Haha, ok, true. Except that I haven't really noticed much of a difference in my clothes, so it's hard to tell for me. (It's mostly in my abdomen/hips/boobs that the change is happening so fit of pants hasn't changed too much yet and shirts are more on the forgiving side anyways.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Way to go, lillianp!

If today's scale is accurate, I've nearly gotten the weight that I regained back off. (I lost 30 lbs in 2010, but it was starting to steadily creep back on.) That would put me within five or so pounds of my original goal. I'm not sure if I want to keep that goal or not, but I might as well try and see how I feel!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:02 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I ate a stick of marzipan last night. My kryptonite!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 am 
Saggy Butt

Yay tofulish and lilianp!

Yesterday was bunk, I ate way too many calories, bleah. Today will be better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am 

Thanks all!

Geeksweetheart that was me on Sunday. I totally understand. I realized last night I have to do another No-Sugar round for a couple weeks because last night I was craaaaving sugar really badly.

(I blame Sabertooth bakery. I had the vanilla donut with sprinkles and the apricot glazed with pistachio on Sunday after my race)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:19 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm stuck! I always get stuck at 154 and it's so hard to get past it for some reason. I really don't know what I have to do. Am I eating too little or too much? Exercising too little or too much? It's so hard to figure it out.

I'm going to start the Zombies Run! 5k training program this week when I get my sport armband in the mail. Maybe adding some extra cardio will help.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 pm 
Saggy Butt

I just need to focus on vegetables more... I have been slacking on them for a few days. Just had a huge bowl of lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad and I already feel healthier, they gave me the magical vegan superpowers. LOL.
(Boy that bugs me too--the diet cure propaganda. My mom was heavy into the macrobiotic movement where they think you can cure cancer with diet. I just think it's an unfair expectation, there are so many factors. Of course if you eat junk it's going to make you unhealthy but you can't fix every possible thing that's wrong by not eating nuts or something.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I'm stuck! I always get stuck at 154 and it's so hard to get past it for some reason. I really don't know what I have to do. Am I eating too little or too much? Exercising too little or too much? It's so hard to figure it out.

I'm going to start the Zombies Run! 5k training program this week when I get my sport armband in the mail. Maybe adding some extra cardio will help.

This! This! This! I've been lurking here but this inspired me to post. Maybe we're non-weight losing twins. I seem to be stuck also at the same weight as you and am struggling with the same questions. I don't have much to lose - its more the last few vanity pounds/tone up - but I can't seem to get there. Over the course of a year I gradually got down to about halfway where I want to be in terms of a fat loss/weight goal. But this year forget about it. I spend about 1-1.5 hours 6 days a week working out (strength training, running, Insanity, a combo of a bunch of stuff so I don't stagnate) plus a 3 mile walk after work with the dogs. I count calories (about 1800 a day, and I feel like its enough). And nothing is happening. This week I said, F' it, i'm tired, I'm taking a whole week off (aside from walking the puppies) unless I really really feel like working out. And I think I'm over counting calories and am going to try just eating when I'm hungry and eating "clean" (hate that term but everyone seems to get what it means). That Kaleo (I think it was?) blog you guys were discussing a few pages ago was inspiring. I'll try her method for awhile and see what happens.

And congrats to lillianp! That's a great accomplishment!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 pm 

Thanks emmalv! If my guess based on measurements is correct, I'm probably approaching the weight at which I can't get below (high 150s)-mostly due to plateauing as well as frustration at 'dieting' (which I'm only sort of doing this time-counting calories and eating TONS of veggies). Since I'm not using the scale, I'm going to try and not be aware of it and hope that if I weight myself in like... two months, I'll be below it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Lillianp, that's a good plan I think, especially since what you are doing is working for you. I find the scale can have some sort of power over me - I think tucking it away is a solid idea I'll try too. Instead just measure once a month, go by clothes fitting, etc and use common sense instead of being so hard on myself. Try and listen to my body instead of adhering strictly to some sort of plan to eat this now, exercise now doing this, etc. I realize this may work for some (and hell, it worked for me last year) but now I feel its just too exhausting and its time to shake it up a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i just ate a 400 calorie cookie. wow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Holy crepe. What makes a cookie 400 calories? Was it as big as your head?

I hope it was yum!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:03 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I don't think it's that hard for a store or bakery-bought cookie to be 400 calories! There are these vegan cookies sold in bodegas around here that are maybe 4" wide and about 400 calories. They're dense as hell though, so on the rare occasion I get one I split it with somebody.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 pm 
WRETCHED

The WF cookies are 400 calories, I've only had them a couple times.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:12 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

It was an American double chocolate cookie my brother bought me at the airport in NYC. It was good but... wow. It really didnt fill me up like a full meal. And I just checked it was actually 460 calories! I'm surprised I didn't feel physically unwell afterwards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Whoa. Double holy crepe. I had no idea. I guess that's why I rarely like those cookies--too sweet.

I won't be getting a WF cookie again, that's for sure. It's not like I love them--more like they are available, and I always get cupcakes or Danishes or some such for my parents and the macaw, so I need a bakery treat too. (I don't mind getting nonvegan things for them because they always go out of their way to get me things, and I like to make them happy instead of always being a pain in the asparagus.)

Last time I calculated, a chocolate chip cookie I bake using VCIYCJ is between 2-4 WW points. My boozy brownies were 3-5 depending on greed factor when cutting then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:20 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I always wondered about the WF bakery cookies; is that for the chocolate chip? They're randomly my favorite. I think I'll still get them every once in a while, but probably not the 1/2 dozen just because it's a better 'deal'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:45 pm 
WRETCHED

Weird, I had looked them up previously and my WF had possibly listed the calories but MFP is reporting 180 calories for one cookie. I don't know if that is accurate but I can't find an official source.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fupapack wrote:
I ate a stick of marzipan last night. My kryptonite!

Mine too. I have a half stick in my desk that I'm ignoring but I might treat myself to a small bit tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I know no one really means any harm by it, but I don't think this thread should be for talking about/venting about the foods you wish you hadn't eaten. I could see that going down a bad path pretty quickly and it might be triggering for some people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:40 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

geeksweetheart wrote:
I just need to focus on vegetables more... I have been slacking on them for a few days. Just had a huge bowl of lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad and I already feel healthier, they gave me the magical vegan superpowers. LOL.
(Boy that bugs me too--the diet cure propaganda. My mom was heavy into the macrobiotic movement where they think you can cure cancer with diet. I just think it's an unfair expectation, there are so many factors. Of course if you eat junk it's going to make you unhealthy but you can't fix every possible thing that's wrong by not eating nuts or something.)

Ha, I love this! I feel the same after a massive salad (just try and stop me now!).

(Also hate the diet cure progaganda, I feels like it's so insulting to sick people.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:15 am 
Bathes in Braggs

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I know no one really means any harm by it, but I don't think this thread should be for talking about/venting about the foods you wish you hadn't eaten. I could see that going down a bad path pretty quickly and it might be triggering for some people.

I agree and I will try to not talk about it anymore. BUT in general I was wondering about this. I know now not to write anything eating disorder-ish because it can be triggering, but I think everyone/anyone in here has written something that is potentially triggering to other people. I don't think it's possible to evade all triggers since we do talk about struggles with weight loss and not all triggers in that regard are "logical". Like for me talking about old clothes that you get out to look at and try to fit in, that is triggering but I can totally see how it's not for other people, etc etc. I don't mean to say we shouldn't try not to post triggering stuff but it's a thin lin and I think it's impossible not to write things now and then that someone will find triggering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 144  Next