| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Just watched this video, and I love it. Last night at the gym I was really paying attention to my form doing crunches because I always seem to have a little pooch. I know weight loss comes off the whole body, but I don't know. It just feels good to accept that I might always have a little belly, etc.

http://gokaleo.com/2013/04/01/visible-abs/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 am 
Semen Strong

I hear you ViB! I get tripped up by portion size and caloric density all the time! I was in WF trying to corral my toddler and picked out an oatmeal cookie for the car. I gave her a bit and ate the rest (because cookie!) and realized when I got home that it had 350 cals instead of the 200 I was thinking. Some days I feel like I just need to dodge prepared food altogether, because it has more hidden sugar and fat than I bargained for.

But I also really like j-dub's point that you may lose more excess weight if you're not in deprivation mode. I had donuts last night. Blew through my Sparkpeople limit, but so worth it. I need to shift my lifestyle and that means not restricting, but eating consciously and carefully, and that lifestyle has to include some donuts and some cookies and candy or it isn't going to be sustainable for me.

Also npittman, I made peace with my pooch when I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art - all the South Asian goddesses have them :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:17 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Ugh, belly fat. I have always carried weight there and I probably always will. The rest of my body could look totally emaciated (not the look I'm going for, but just saying), and I bet I'd still have a belly. I just have to accept that a flat stomach is probably not in the cards for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Moon wrote:
fupapack wrote:
I ate a stick of marzipan last night. My kryptonite!

Mine too. I have a half stick in my desk that I'm ignoring but I might treat myself to a small bit tonight.

Odense? My favorite is Schluckwerder but is hard to find.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:47 am 
Discovered unobtainium

YEah, restriction doesn't work for me either. Potato chips are my Bad Food. But if I totally ban them, after a couple months, I find myself face down in a pile of wavy Lays bags. So, I've tarred buying baked lays for sandwiches or little lunch size bags. It helps.

The macaw loves almond paste or marzipan! He gets a little itty bitty piece at bedtime and he splits it in half and keeps a teensy bit in his dish over njght for a breakfast treat. At holidays we get the little German or Austria gift boxes shaped like fruit. He likes that kind best. I don't even know how these things get started; it's nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:13 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

fupapack wrote:
Moon wrote:
fupapack wrote:
I ate a stick of marzipan last night. My kryptonite!

Mine too. I have a half stick in my desk that I'm ignoring but I might treat myself to a small bit tonight.

Odense? My favorite is Schluckwerder but is hard to find.

Schluckwerder <3. There's a couple huge European grocery places my mother in law goes to regularly, and they almost always have delicious marzipan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:25 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Lucky!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 am 

It's funny, because I had come to terms with my legs, but I hadn't so much with my tummy. I think if I make it feel strong at least, then I'll feel better. And a strong core will help with a lot of things. I'm hoping to be able to do a headstand this year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:39 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

headstands are fun! thats an awesome goal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:43 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm just going to focus on eating healthier and not on whether I shrink in the process. Focusing on that does bad things to my brain. Even tallying up my meal's calories roughly in my head starts to make food seem less fun and more something that's scary. Not good. Dieting ain't for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

maybe we can start an eating healthier thread and talk about good choices in there since this one is weight oriented?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 am 

I think that's smart, paprikapapaya! The last couple of days I've been trying to be more cognizant of getting my '5 a day' and having those not all be fruit, ie. I need to start eating more vegetables. I don't want to cut out anything per se, but really, I'm a grown asparagus woman and a vegan, I should be eating more than 1 serving of vegetables a day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:05 am 
WRETCHED

I made a huge asparagus salad for lunch... Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced brussels sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers and a dressing with a tahini based dressing, I even mixed a little hummus in too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 am 
Married to the wolfman

I'm 5 lbs away from my long term goal weight. 5 lbs! Can't remember if I've posted it in this thread before, but at my max, I weighed 80 lbs more. (50 of that was pregnancy related, the other 30 came from my first trip to grad school.) Amazing how much one body can change.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 am 
Saggy Butt

coldandsleepy wrote:
I'm 5 lbs away from my long term goal weight. 5 lbs! Can't remember if I've posted it in this thread before, but at my max, I weighed 80 lbs more. (50 of that was pregnancy related, the other 30 came from my first trip to grad school.) Amazing how much one body can change.

Awesome!

You guys AFR just came in the mail SQUEE!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

AFR is really great for dieting! I think I've actually made every single recipe from that book.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:58 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

linanil wrote:
I made a huge asparagus salad for lunch... Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced brussels sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers and a dressing with a tahini based dressing, I even mixed a little hummus in too.

That sounds delicious. I've been eating leftover soup a lot for the last several days because I made way too much of it, but yours sounds wayyyyy better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

I have two go-to salads. One is what I call "big salad" which is olives, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers all chopped up and tossed with sunflower seeds, lemon juice, garlic salt and olive oil. Then I keep that in a Tupperware in the fridge and I bring it to work with fresh lettuce and mix it at lunch.
My second go-to is simpler, lettuce, tomato and cuke (or just lettuce sometimes) and I shake it in the tupperware with olive oil, lemon juice, a packet of Stevia, and some seasoned salt. S'good. That's lunch today along with my leftover coconut curry lentils from Supermarket Vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I like salads that use grated carrot as a base it's my favorite way to eat raw carrots.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 pm 

Oh, if anyone wants to be friends on MFP, I'm ndpittman there, too. You know, because I'm creative and shiz.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Wow, the MFP recs are really crazy. If i put in "work out 2 hours every day" it tells me to eat 1200 calories a day - what??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 pm 
WRETCHED

Because if you work out 2 hours per day, it expects you to add those calories back in so you'd be eating closer to 2000 calories/day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:32 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ah! Thanks! Then it makes a lot more sense. I just tried putting in a workout and 1900 calories looks a lot more reasonable :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:39 pm 

Yeah, I had an intense work out, and MFP had me at 2200 calories yesterday. I still kept it under 2000, but mostly because I was afraid eating a piece of chocolate might give me a migraine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 pm 
Saggy Butt

ndpittman, I'll friend you. I'm sarasmileco on there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 145  Next