| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:50 pm 
Saggy Butt

ndpittman, I'll friend you. I'm sarasmileco on there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

geeksweetheart wrote:
ndpittman, I'll friend you. I'm sarasmileco on there.

Nice timing! I was about to send you a message through MFP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:13 pm 

linanil wrote:
Weird, I had looked them up previously and my WF had possibly listed the calories but MFP is reporting 180 calories for one cookie. I don't know if that is accurate but I can't find an official source.

I'm wondering where that number came from! I'd really like to know. That's the only bummer thing about actively trying to keep track. I think tofulish mentioned it to, going out to restaurants that aren't chains and not being able to track right. I mean, I just throw in something close, but it's just so much easier to do a chain, something frozen, or cook myself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Perhaps the 180 number refers to the WF cookies that come in bakery packages? Those are a bit smaller than the ones you buy individually. Also, people enter all kinds of wacky shiitake into the database so that could just be the product of someone's delusional mind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 pm 
Saggy Butt

Thanks for friending me all y'all! I think that will actually keep me more accountable. I made my journal public to friends.
Which, BTW, I realized in horror that I had put "pork fried rice" on my journal yesterday--it wasn't pork fried rice (it was tofu basil garlic thai fried rice acsh, but I just picked the first fried rice that looked like what I thought it would be calorie-wise) I thought Oh noes! The vegan friends are going to be shocked! LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:58 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I'm veganashley on MFP. I sent friend requests! Be my friend!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 pm 
Saggy Butt

Friended you Ashley :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Just checking in! I've been so busy....

I did a dietbet with some people on another site for march and I lost 7 lbs. I think my scale is lying to me though. I finally broke through the 150 lb barrier into the 140's. I'm reading "Eat to Live" and I, excited to see what it's all about. I need to get better about eating more in general as well as more veggies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:45 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Have any of you read Intuitive Eating? I can't really do the calorie/point counting thing as it really messes with my head, and makes me feel extremely restricted. I think Intuitive Eating will be the key for me - I really don't think "dieting" works for me at all. I just need to make healthy, sustainable choices. Like tofulish and lavawitch said, any "diet" needs to involve treats or it's really not sustainable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

ive read it. i go back and forth between wanting to eat intuitively and being too scared of not getting it right.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:23 am 
Ninja Master

geeksweetheart wrote:
Thanks for friending me all y'all! I think that will actually keep me more accountable. I made my journal public to friends.
Which, BTW, I realized in horror that I had put "pork fried rice" on my journal yesterday--it wasn't pork fried rice (it was tofu basil garlic thai fried rice acsh, but I just picked the first fried rice that looked like what I thought it would be calorie-wise) I thought Oh noes! The vegan friends are going to be shocked! LOL.

I do that all the time. It must look like I eat all sorts of non vegan crepe. I am just sometimes too lazy to add in a new recipe so I pick something that seems about the right calories! haha

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Geeksweetheart, I'm sometimes very tempted to do the same thing. Since I don't cook with recipes right now (just bowl food pretty much) it's not an issue but it totally is when I'm following recipes!

I'll friend you on MFP as well. :) (I'm athiker2010)

As to intuitive eating, I haven't read that book but I've read something similar and it helps me to be mindful of what I'm eating. Calorie counting works for me because it gives me clarity into what I'm eating and stops panicking (odd, but sometimes I think I've eaten way more calories than I have so when I log it, I calm down)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:39 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I'm quite new here so understand if nobody wants to add but I'm in a vicious circle of doing well one week and then completely self destructing the next and I have a lot of weight to lose so I'm thinking maybe some accountability would help?

Anyway my username is thisyear13.

I am wallowing in a self pity party today, I know I need to stop looking backwards and learn from mistakes but I can't understand why I keep jeopardising my weight loss all the time, when its the thing I want most!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 am 

Is it weird that I don't share my diary on MFP? I just feel weird about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 am 
Saggy Butt

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one who does that. LOL.

Katy, I'll friend you! How much is a lot, if you don't mind sharing (you don't have to!) I've lost 65 pounds and I have about 110 left to go until I get to my goal weight (which still would not be what they call "healthy BMI" but a place I would be comfortable and healthy, I think.
I know how you feel. I am right now at a place about 10 pounds below where I have lost to several times and then self-sabotaged into gaining all the weight back. I have another MAJOR milestone coming up soon, I'll be under 300 for the first time in 10 years. It's exciting but scary! I don't want to sabotage myself again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 am 
Saggy Butt

Oh and ndpittman, I don't think it's weird at all that you don't want to share your food diary. I am kind of an open book but I don't blame you at all for feeling uncomfortable. Do what feels right to you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:39 am 

Thanks, geeksweetheart! That makes me feel better. I was trying to figure out what my deal is, but I just don't know. Like, am I embarrassed by how many Amy's meals I eat? (Thought crossed my mind when I was taking out the recycling.) Am I embarrassed that I don't eat 'better' or enough vegetables? I don't even know. Or maybe it just feels really private. I have peaked at a couple of people's diaries, and it feels really intrusive.

Anyway, I definitely can't stand on my head yet! I tried for the hell of it in yoga class yesterday. So I feel pretty good about setting that goal. Now to work towards it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 am 
Saggy Butt

LOL I'm having an Amy's pot pie for lunch today.

Even TRYING to stand on your head is awesome. I sure can't do that. I want to start doing Yoga. Less than a month till I have health insurance and I can start working out again :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:52 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Geeksweetheart- I need to lose 130lbs until I'm at the top end of normal, that seems like such a long way to go!

Maybe I need to focus on smaller chunks as what I'm doing now isn't working! I work in kg so maybe if I work hard for 5kg (about 11lbs) off by the end of the month it won't seem so daunting! Is that enough/too much? I've lost sight of all normal!

I got a yoga DVD in the post today, I'd love to go to classes but wanted to have a bit of a practise on my own first!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 am 
Saggy Butt

I think 5kg by the end of the month is a reasonable goal... have you already been losing or just starting out? If you're just starting out you might easily be able to lose that in a month.

This is the saddest thing--I have several yoga, belly dancing, and Carmen Electra's striptease workout (woo woo!) but my new apartment has LITERALLY no space to work out. That I can tell so far. I MIGHT be able to prop the coffee table against the wall to make space but I don't want to wreck the wall. LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:00 am 

geeksweetheart wrote:
LOL I'm having an Amy's pot pie for lunch today.

Even TRYING to stand on your head is awesome. I sure can't do that. I want to start doing Yoga. Less than a month till I have health insurance and I can start working out again :D

I'm probably having this for lunch! http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/light-lean/000902. I highly recommend it if you see it. I like to throw some hot sauce on it though! I just haven't felt like cooking, so I've been eating the same Amy's meals a lot. I like them though, and I love the pot pie!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am 
Saggy Butt

That looks good, and healthier than my pot pie, LOL.

I just found out I'm getting a tax refund and I thought I would owe! I'm getting a vitamix! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Personally I love looking at other people's diaries because it gives me ideas for things I could eat, but if you don't feel comfortable sharing yours that's OK ndpittman! I don't think anyone would think badly of you for eating a lot of Amy's meals though, haha. There are people on there who eat mostly homemade stuff and people who eat mostly frozen/packaged stuff and everything in between.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

geeksweetheart wrote:
That looks good, and healthier than my pot pie, LOL.

I just found out I'm getting a tax refund and I thought I would owe! I'm getting a vitamix! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Yes do it! You are going to love your Vitamix! And its appropriate for this thread: so great for smoothies (really grinds up those flax seeds and kale leaves for me), you'll need less/no oil for other jobs you tackle since its so powerful, and you can do fast awesome soups right in there. I love love love my Vitamix.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:26 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I think my Vitamix is the one really expensive purchase I've ever made that I don't even sort of regret. It's amazing!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 145  Next