| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:37 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I weighed in this morning and I'm the same as last week. Disappointed but I do look a bit slimmer so not too fussed.
Thankfully I did decide to weigh myself today because at work I ended up not getting a proper lunch and had to make do with grub at a garage so it was a plate of chips, 2 bars of chocolate and a pack of jelly tots.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 pm 
Saggy Butt

I think that "jelly tots" are something I need in my life. Are they like Jelly Babies? Like on Doctor Who? I got those at an international grocery one time and they were delicious. That was pregan though so I have no idea what's in those or if they're OK.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This is them http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/Jelly_Tots.jpg/220px-Jelly_Tots.jpg&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly_Tots&h=227&w=220&sz=22&tbnid=6Hujni-GTFwpPM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=87&zoom=1&usg=__DjmrEqP_lj5hd0siAtp0alyGq-g=&docid=efXCL_EAGQdS3M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Sc9dUaauAYSjhgff94CACw&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQ9QEwAQ&dur=868

They are amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm 
Saggy Butt

Mmm. I looked on Amazon and they are hella expensive here. Also discovered Jelly Babies not vegan. Sad. Sad. Sad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ndpittman, I don't have my food diary shared because I don't always want to share that I had a beer at lunch time! But I do like creeping on limone's diary because it gives me ideas and makes me feel bad when I eat garbage.

Considering limone is the only person I have on it so far, it's not like the whole world can see my bad food choices, so maybe I'm being silly.

I wouldn't blame you for eating Amy's stuff, I am sort of getting lazy eating more packaged food because the calories are RIGHT ON THERE. But I do like that I can make a recipe, put it on MFP and any frozen portions are easy to pop in to my diary when I eventually eat them.

I'm going to friend all you lovely folks when I get home tonight and I'm on my computer. Adding from the MFP iphone app goes by email or facebook friends so I can't really do it now at work. But anyone who wants to add me in the meantime, my name is Tungstensmum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:13 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ha, with the Amy's stuff I haven't even been looking it up; I just scan the bar code. I don't think my laziness can be overstated.

I just added you, moon!

I need to figure out if I'm wearing my heart rate monitor correctly. My calories burned have been through the roof, and it doesn't seem like it's actually possible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

geeksweetheart wrote:
Mmm. I looked on Amazon and they are hella expensive here. Also discovered Jelly Babies not vegan. Sad. Sad. Sad.

Aww, that's a pity. If you ever have anyone coming this way on vacation you should get them to get you some of the small packs. They aren't very, very bad for calories.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

geeksweetheart wrote:
That looks good, and healthier than my pot pie, LOL.

I just found out I'm getting a tax refund and I thought I would owe! I'm getting a vitamix! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I picked that for lunch because I'm probably going to be eating pizza for dinner!

Glad to hear you're getting a tax refund (and more so that you don't have to pay!). I've never had to pay, but I think that has to be about the worst thing. I was once given the wrong bonus, and I had to write a check to my company for thousands of dollars to give it back. Which is fair, I understand, but writing out a check to your employer or the government? No thanks.

I love my Vitamix. I need to use it more, actually. I really only use it for smoothies. The smoothies are delicious though!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:11 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I feel like sharing my diary also helps keep me more accountable... I wouldn't feel bad about having a beer with lunch though, haha. But knowing that a bunch of people are going to see it motivates me to choose more "balanced" menus as opposed to surviving off bread and noodles alone. Well, most of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Indian buffet, your calories look reasonable on SparkPeople, but only I know how oily you were.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I've got tickets to see Jillian Michaels' "Maximize Your Life" show tonight.

This was NOT my idea.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:01 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Just chugging along eating healthily (clean eating, if you will) and exercising 6 days a week. Feeling pretty good. Eating a fair bit more than I was when I was trying to lose weight earlier this year. Not counting calories. I don't think I've lost any weight, but my Dad pointed out my shoulder bones and said I shouldn't have that if I'm doing weights, which is pretty forking annoying and frustrating since it's something I'm quite conscious about and can't seem to fix no matter how much I try to build muscle there. My top half is pretty thin but its a completely different story from the waist down. Sigh. Pear shaped problems.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:41 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Tofulish wrote:
Indian buffet, your calories look reasonable on SparkPeople, but only I know how oily you were.

Heh, there are entries in the MFP database for things like "Chinese buffet, 1 plate."

Really it should be called "random calorie count pulled straight out of my asparagus," because "1 plate" at a Chinese buffet could be absolutely anything. Generally when I go out to eat I just add 1000 quick calories or so and be done with it. No point in playing wildly inaccurate guessing games.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm trying to catch up and participate in here more so I feel more accountable. I'm not eating enough. The days I do eat enough calories are my unhealthy days. Why can't I eat healthy and eat a ton of the good foods?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I've lost two pounds!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My weight went up, but I think I weighed at a different time of day. Granted, it was only .6 or .8 of a pound or something, but still. I did have quite a few days last week with super high calories so trying to not beat on myself and stay on track. Made a huge batch of super low fat curry yesterday and that will keep me going for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 am 
Impressive boner

Losing no weight at all, but my muscle is slowly nibbling away at my body fat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:00 am 
Saggy Butt

Yay fupapack! 8ball that is still a victory.

I am going to add a 20-minute brisk walk to my days. I can't seem to stay under my calorie level so I raised my goal but I will do some walking to offset it. At the goal I put I should still lose 1.5 pounds a week without the walking. I wish I could do more, Yoga, strength etc but I have 3 more weeks till I have health insurance and can go for it. I have already 10 prepaid personal training visits I have not been able to use and as soon as I have insurance I'm going to start those!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:17 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

8ball wrote:
Losing no weight at all, but my muscle is slowly nibbling away at my body fat.

I finally just put away the scale for this reason. I can definitely tell I'm losing weight based on my appearance and how my clothes fit, but the scale barely creeps down. How I feel is way more important!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm ready for this viral thing to go do one already so I can have my energy back for decent walking. Only managing the one walk a day at the moment. Praying that by mid week this week I will be near back to normal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:21 pm 
Saggy Butt

Lost another pound woot!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I don't know if I've lost any weight (nor will I, but I'll be checking measurements again on monday or tuesday), but I've been feeling good. Since I'm training for a half marathon, I've been breaking personal records on workouts I've been doing for months (A total of 13-14 minutes off one since the first time I did it, 6 off another)
Also, my running tights are falling down, mostly because they're cheap and crappy but also because I'm not losing from my thighs but am losing from my hips/butt.

I would also like to say I'm really glad that there are a bunch of other people in this thread at the same time!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:17 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I think I might start the "diet" in "Eat to Live"... Has anyone else followed this?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

It sounds super healthy but it is way too restrictive for me. The line between getting to a healthy weight and not falling back into the eating disorder is hard enough, if I actually say "no sugar whatsoever, no white flour, no grains" etc. Its so complicated to me, too. Id just think about food all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
My weight went up, but I think I weighed at a different time of day. Granted, it was only .6 or .8 of a pound or something, but still. I did have quite a few days last week with super high calories so trying to not beat on myself and stay on track. Made a huge batch of super low fat curry yesterday and that will keep me going for a while.

Can't your weight fluctuate by more than a pound per day naturally? I can't see how watching the scale that closely is good for your mental health.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 145  Next