| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Vantine wrote:
Moon wrote:
My weight went up, but I think I weighed at a different time of day. Granted, it was only .6 or .8 of a pound or something, but still. I did have quite a few days last week with super high calories so trying to not beat on myself and stay on track. Made a huge batch of super low fat curry yesterday and that will keep me going for a while.

Can't your weight fluctuate by more than a pound per day naturally? I can't see how watching the scale that closely is good for your mental health.

But I had last checked it like, a week and a half before, lol. I don't own a scale so actually don't check very often.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:01 am 
Semen Strong

I weigh myself every month, and I've lost 30 lbs since my highest post-pregnancy weight. I was 178 when I was pregnant with Leela, and am 135 now. Its kind of incredible to think that I was 43lbs heavier.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:54 am 
Bathes in Braggs

VeganinBerlin wrote:
It sounds super healthy but it is way too restrictive for me. The line between getting to a healthy weight and not falling back into the eating disorder is hard enough, if I actually say "no sugar whatsoever, no white flour, no grains" etc. Its so complicated to me, too. Id just think about food all the time.

This is my thought as well. Plus, it seems a lot of his recipes called for his magical zest or whatever, and I wasn't about to buy that as well. The main principle I took away from the book, adapted for me, is that if I make my meals centered around fruits and vegetables and just eat until I'm full, I can essentially eat as I want without counting calories.
In reality, I try to limit high glycemic carbs to a treat every now and again, watch the salt and the sugar, center all my meals around produce as the star, and be mindful of the fats I use. Not as in don't eat any fats, but if I can use a nut butter or avocado - something that will have other nutrients and vitamins - I use that in place of oil.

Having said all of that, I think the cinnamon rolls I made are done rising and I need to go put them in the oven.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:11 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I have stayed away from here for a while because my BED had flared up big style for a while (I think my history of anorexia means that thinking about my weight too often makes me very anxious?), but I have gotten it under control and am feeling pretty positive about weight and weight loss in general. In a way, I've needed to accept that I am the size I am in order to move forward. Also accepting that it took me about 3 years to put all this weight on so I need to be sensible and try to achieve more attainable goals, making health a priority rather than weight loss.

So, yeah that is going well! I've lost 3lbs this week but from now on I am only weighing every month because scale watching is a dangerous past-time. I've been cooking out of AFR a lot and walking everywhere and basically eating lots of fruits/nuts/veggies/grains with the odd bit of sweet stuffs thrown in when I really feel like it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:01 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tofulish, that is a gorgeous picture! Beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:44 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Tofulish.... you're a hot momma!

I'm feeling far too full today. I was way too late eating breakfast because I had to leave the batter rise for the waffles then I ended up eating too many. Then my dinner was huge. Now I have tofu pressing to make lemon pepper tofu for sandwiches for the next few days so obviously I will have to have some. Luckily I've run low on vanilla extract so I can't bake muffins tonight.

I'm hoping by Tuesday or Wednesday my energy levels are back to normal so I can do 2 walks a day again. My aim for April is to feel a bit more comfortable in my jeans.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish, that's a great pic! I find pregnancy photos can be pretty corny, but that's just lovely.

Potato chips sabotage my attempts at weight loss. 3 dates and a pile of chips do not a lunch make.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Not the best weekend for me, my in-laws are visiting so loads of dinners out and special cakes, ect. I did make a big healthy dinner for all of us one night, but then went to my favorite koshari place last night. Managed to save half my dinner for lunch today, that never would have happened a few months ago!

Prior to these last few days I was down 15 lbs! Hope this hasn't derailed me much, will try to hold out until Thursday weigh-in day to check. Back to tracking food today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:14 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

That's a beautiful picture.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2173726-bridgette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I may be the slowest person in the universe, but I ONLY JUST realised that Appetite for Reduction has calorie estimates for all the recipes. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I realized today that I do eat out of boredom, anxiety and other stuff. Urgh. I used to not do that. But also used to do do it when I was a kid. I dont do it when Im really busy and not home alone. Any tips for the other times?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I realized today that I do eat out of boredom, anxiety and other stuff. Urgh. I used to not do that. But also used to do do it when I was a kid. I dont do it when Im really busy and not home alone. Any tips for the other times?

Drink a big glass of water before having a snack to see if you're actually hungry. Put snacky things like chips and crackers away where they're not staring at you, and if you really want to eat some portion it out and eat each piece slowly. Chop lots of veggies into bite size pieces and keep them handy for snack attacks. Lately, if I find myself with my hand in the cracker box, I eat one, put them away and find SOMETHING to keep my attention. Paying bills, walking the dog, do some jumping jacks, rearrange my Tupperware cabinet, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I know I'm not hungry in these moments and I don't eat "snacky" food. I mostly snack on healthy food but I just dont want to be eating when I know Im not eating out of hunger but out of emotions. But I dont know how to just ignore the impulse to eat for a long time.

You're probably right that I should just keep trying to be busy..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:06 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Right, I'm not quite fully myself again but I think tomorrow is the day that I push the walking back up to twice a day. Praying that when the alarm goes off I will be able to get out of the bed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I know I'm not hungry in these moments and I don't eat "snacky" food. I mostly snack on healthy food but I just dont want to be eating when I know Im not eating out of hunger but out of emotions. But I dont know how to just ignore the impulse to eat for a long time.

You're probably right that I should just keep trying to be busy..

Busy and water! If I still have the urge to eat after filling my gullet with a huge glass of water, then I let myself have a bit. But it's still something I have to really *think* about because I can be a bad autonomous eater too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:11 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I hate when you log food with myfitnesspal and I'll eat a banana and an apple and all of a sudden I have eaten too much sugar for the day? Dude, it's fruit!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

The sugar thing is ridiculous, I might go in and hide that column if I can actually because the tiniest thing is too much according to them!

I want to eat all of the food today. So hungry but trying to resist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:00 pm 
Saggy Butt

I had a horrible night last night for calories, I was just stressed about something and reverted into my old binge-eating behavior. I haven't done that in quite a while. Sigh. Those of you that are my friends on MFP I didn't even log everything ugh.

Back on track today... I need to remember better self-care and distractions when I'm feeling that way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

You guys can customize your sugar "limit" on MFP! Don't forget that! Honestly, I totally ignore the sugar report on there because I eat fruit almost every day and that immediately sends me into the red. If you have blood sugar issues then I could see how it would be useful, but otherwise meh. I already know that I shouldn't eat gobs of refined sugar, and that eating a banana AND half a cup of pineapple chunks in one day isn't going to kill me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Do you guys get even close to MFP's recommended amount of potassium? Because I have been regularly coming in way, way lower. Should I worry? Should I care?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I can't believe it's possible to be too low wi potassium! My dad has to eat low potassium, and that seems to mean he can't eat anything healthy. The fruit thing kills him because he loves fruit and would eat massive bowls of fruit if he could.

I'm depressed because I've gained back everything I lost and feel gross and bloated. The iron treatments gave me insane munchies and I've been eating very badly. Thursday is my last one, so maybe I can get back on track next week.

Last edited by lavawitch on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

geeksweetheart wrote:
I had a horrible night last night for calories, I was just stressed about something and reverted into my old binge-eating behavior. I haven't done that in quite a while. Sigh. Those of you that are my friends on MFP I didn't even log everything ugh.

Back on track today... I need to remember better self-care and distractions when I'm feeling that way.

I have those occasionally. They kinda suck! I have a therapist who I've been working with and even when I engage in those behaviors, it's to a lesser extent at this point, which is good. Some things that have worked for me -self forgiveness, mindfullness (acknowledging the behavior even as I let it happen), stress reduction-I do a lot of yoga, deflection (convincing myself to engage 'in five minutes'). I'd be happy to pm with you if you need more!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm 
Saggy Butt

Moon, do you take a supplement? I just checked and it looks like my Deva Vegan multivit doesn't have potassium. I guess they assume vegans get enough? I would worry a little about low potassium. Just checked and mine has been low... but then I looked online and it said to get the RDA of potassium you'd have to eat 14 cups of lettuce?! or 10 bananas?! I don't understand if we really need that much.
I did see that nori has iodine and I keep eating nori snacks so that's good. :)

My Vitamix came today! Hooray! I also got Vegan Slow Cooker and there's a recipe for doing smoked tofu in the crockpot. Pretty psyched to try this.

Anybody have ideas for exercises to improve hip strength? I have a lot of pain in my left hip. I know losing weight will help but I feel like I need to strengthen it. I need to strengthen my core too, very much, but can't do anything until the health insurance kicks in as I've mentioned. After that I'm starting personal trainer visits. I am going to pay attention and take notes this time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 pm 
Saggy Butt

lillianp wrote:
geeksweetheart wrote:

I have those occasionally. They kinda suck! I have a therapist who I've been working with and even when I engage in those behaviors, it's to a lesser extent at this point, which is good. Some things that have worked for me -self forgiveness, mindfullness (acknowledging the behavior even as I let it happen), stress reduction-I do a lot of yoga, deflection (convincing myself to engage 'in five minutes'). I'd be happy to pm with you if you need more!

Definitely PM me! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 pm 
Saggy Butt

lavawitch wrote:
I can't believe it's possible to be too low wi potassium! My dad has to eat low potassium, and that seems to mean he can't eat anything healthy. The fruit thing kills him because he loves fruit and would eat massive bowls of fruit if he could.

I'm depressed because I've gained back everything I lost and feel gross and bloated. The iron treatments gave me insane munchies and I've been eating very badly. Thursday is my last one, so maybe I can get back on track next week.

That sucks LW. I hope that after those treatments are done you feel better!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 144  Next