| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:38 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Moon wrote:
Do you guys get even close to MFP's recommended amount of potassium? Because I have been regularly coming in way, way lower. Should I worry? Should I care?

I've been really low in everything according to them. The only "goals" I meet are in sugars, vitamin a & c and carbs! I am eating really well (or thought I was) and I do take a vegan multi-vitamin but I guess a re-read of Vegan For Life couldn't hurt?

As for the sugars, I don't pay any attention to it except to be annoyed that they don't like me eating fruit!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:44 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Moon wrote:
Do you guys get even close to MFP's recommended amount of potassium? Because I have been regularly coming in way, way lower. Should I worry? Should I care?

One thing to keep in mind re: potassium - I believe that food labels are not required to list potassium value, correct? Most of the user-entered foods will not contain potassium info because it's not listed on many nutrition labels. So you are likely consuming more potassium than MFP indicates.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I was wondering about the potassium, too! I don't worry too much about sugar if it's from fruit. I try to keep sugar grams in the single digits if it's a packaged good (or reasonably around there; I try to stay away from flavored yogurts with 21 grams sugar and the like).

Re: Hip exercises, geeksweetheart, I like to use resistance bands and do a couple of different exercises. For the first one I drop my hips back a bit (but not full squat mode) and walk side to side for about 10 paces down and back. Then I do zig-zags where I'll step to the right diagonally, then together. Then left foot first diagonally to the left, then together. Then standing on one foot, lift foot straight up in front, then to the side (right foot to the right, left to left) and then back (on a slight diagonal). Also good are clam shell leg lifts. Lay on your side with knees bent and lift your leg at the knee (keeping feet and ankles together). Squats and lunges are also good.

These are the bands that I use (the blue one) http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_10151_10751_1003893_-1_1000327_1000281_1000281_ProductDisplayErrorView.

Sorry if that was more confusing than helpful. That's what the trainer I worked with gave me to strengthen my gluteus medius which helps hip and knee alignment.

I'm being illogical right now regarding my diet. First I had a huge bout of anxiety in regards to sharing my diary on MFP (which I realize is silly to get worked up over), and then when I weighed in this week I was up 0.6 pounds. I KNOW that's silly to get upset about because I've also been eating a lot of salt and I'm probably just retaining water, but I feel anxious and sad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

For those of you who are getting stressed out by ~1 lb-ish weight fluctuations, maybe you could try recording your weight less often, like every other week instead of every week. I'm averaging about 0.8 lb per week of weight loss since I began, but some weeks it's the same or up ever so slightly when I weighed in due to various factors (eating a lot of salt, hormones etc.) but when I weigh in the following week it's lower again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:48 pm 

Thanks, Limone. That's a good idea. I try not to weigh myself more than once a week for that reason, but maybe even that's too much. I think I was just excited because I was sure I was going to see it go down. I'm feeling really good though, so I'm truly trying not to sweat it. It's just a funky day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:19 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Limone wrote:
Moon wrote:

One thing to keep in mind re: potassium - I believe that food labels are not required to list potassium value, correct? Most of the user-entered foods will not contain potassium info because it's not listed on many nutrition labels. So you are likely consuming more potassium than MFP indicates.

I realized this after posting when I looked at the wrapper for my Amy's breakfast burrito. Not going to worry about it anymore!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:02 pm 

So I am like 200 under my calorie limit. So I should eat something. My tummy says "chocolate" but my brain says "apples" and my heart doesn't know who to agree with. Sad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm 

Moon wrote:
So I am like 200 under my calorie limit. So I should eat something. My tummy says "chocolate" but my brain says "apples" and my heart doesn't know who to agree with. Sad.

Yes!! Well, except tonight mine was cookie vs orange. Cookie won.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 pm 
Saggy Butt

Moon wrote:

Chocolate covered apples?

Ndpittman, that is a great list of hip exercises thank you so much!

I'm sitting here with a head full of henna watching the video that came with the Vitamix. I look like I have a giant mud beehive. I haven't done henna since I was a teenager but I'm obvs not going to use Revlon or L'Oreal anymore! It smells so good, hope It turns out glamorous!

I can't wait to make my green smoothie for breakfast! I'm going to use kale, strawberries, banana, hemp protein and some coconut milk. What else should I make in the Vitamix?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm 

Geeksweetheart, I think it's delightful to freeze the banana beforehand. Makes a thick consistency. I usually do that instead of ice.

I hope you love your hair!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Why not both?!!?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:58 pm 

I'm just not big on ice in smoothies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:39 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Today was day 3 on Eat to Live, and I must say that while it is very restrictive, I feel amazing. Tthe high fruit intake keeps me from wanting chocolate. Also, for the first time in forever, I'm not hungry when I wake up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got my blood results from the endocrinologist and my HDL is too low (and my cholesterin actually 178, Ive never seen it so high before) and my triglycerides are 311, so much too high to. And everywhere I look it says these things should change when I lose weight. I'm putting so much pressure on me now because of this. Does anyone know if sports/going to the gym in itself helps too? I've never had bad blood results in that regard before :/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 am 

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I got my blood results from the endocrinologist and my HDL is too low (and my cholesterin actually 178, Ive never seen it so high before) and my triglycerides are 311, so much too high to. And everywhere I look it says these things should change when I lose weight. I'm putting so much pressure on me now because of this. Does anyone know if sports/going to the gym in itself helps too? I've never had bad blood results in that regard before :/

Yes! Exercise can absolutely help with cholesterol. This explains it pretty well. http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/fe ... rol?page=1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:16 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Bridgettebakes wrote:
Today was day 3 on Eat to Live, and I must say that while it is very restrictive, I feel amazing. Tthe high fruit intake keeps me from wanting chocolate. Also, for the first time in forever, I'm not hungry when I wake up!

Yay! I've been wanting to try Eat to Live, can't wait to see how it goes for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:26 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

This may seem a bit out there, but have any of you experienced an increase in acne since starting a weight loss plan? I've always had mild adult acne, but I've been having crazy cystic acne over the past month or so which isn't normal. I don't think I'm using any new soaps or cosmetics so I'm trying to figure out what's causing it, and the biggest change in my life recently is that I'm eating less. Does anyone identify with this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:38 pm 
Dead by dawn

Limone wrote:
This may seem a bit out there, but have any of you experienced an increase in acne since starting a weight loss plan? I've always had mild adult acne, but I've been having crazy cystic acne over the past month or so which isn't normal. I don't think I'm using any new soaps or cosmetics so I'm trying to figure out what's causing it, and the biggest change in my life recently is that I'm eating less. Does anyone identify with this?

Hmm... nope. I have broken out fairly regularly my entire adult life and have embarked on a 30ish pound weight loss a couple of time with no skin changes. I hope you figure out what's causing it and can turn it around!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Limone wrote:

Are you exercising a lot more? An increase in sweating always causes me to break out more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:06 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I just ate a jar of speculoos spread, tons of pink panther wafers and fig rolls. Now I genuinely feel like barfing. The moral? Don't not eat all day and then go to a shop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Limone wrote:

Are you exercising a lot more? An increase in sweating always causes me to break out more.

Ugh, this is sort of me. I always have adult acne but I've had some that's just been way more persistent than usual. I think it's a combo of losing weight and it getting warmer so I am actually sweating during my workouts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:04 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

lillianp wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
Limone wrote:

Ugh, this is sort of me. I always have adult acne but I've had some that's just been way more persistent than usual. I think it's a combo of losing weight and it getting warmer so I am actually sweating during my workouts.

Sometimes dieting can be stressful too, do you break out when you are stressed? I stress, then read that stress makes you hold on to weight, then stress more -- not helping! Maybe I belong in the anxiety thread ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

been holding steady with that 2 pounds weight loss!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:43 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

NomiMalone wrote:
Sometimes dieting can be stressful too, do you break out when you are stressed? I stress, then read that stress makes you hold on to weight, then stress more -- not helping! Maybe I belong in the anxiety thread ;)

I do break out when I'm stressed, though I don't feel especially stressed about dieting. I actually feel quite positive about it. It's very possible that I'm stressed about something else though, haha.

A change in weather/sweatiness level seems the most likely. It went from being rather cold to being quite warm here this week, so there you go.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:47 pm 

I feel like I've heard somewhere the cystic acne is hormonal--is that false? I could be making it up. I wonder though about what weight change does to hormones.

I haven't been sleeping well the last three nights, and I am HUNGRY! because of it. And tired. Oh so tired. I'm proud of myself for trying to make reasonable food choices though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 145  Next