| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I overdone it on muffin eating this week. It showed when I stepped on the scales. Nothing too bad though. 134lbs. Up 1.5lb. I still haven't managed to get out for the morning walk all this week. I think the hour change really has me thrown. Going to take my night meds early tonight and hope that it makes me fall asleep earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

When you make muffins, you can swap out a lot of the oil for unsweetened applesauce. I usually do anywhere from 1/3 - 1/2 applesauce.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks. I think I will have to make myself make some apple sauce. I've tried and failed to find unsweetened sauce here. I'm trying to at least console myself with the fact that homemade is better than store bought. At least I was smart enough to bring most of them into work and let my colleagues at them!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:59 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

daisychain wrote:
Thanks. I think I will have to make myself make some apple sauce. I've tried and failed to find unsweetened sauce here. I'm trying to at least console myself with the fact that homemade is better than store bought. At least I was smart enough to bring most of them into work and let my colleagues at them!

I've used the little baby pots of puréed apple in recipes that need apple sauce before, the ones in the yogurt pot type pots. I've no idea if its anything like the apple sauce the recipes mean but it's worked ok so far!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Just use sweetened then, and reduce your sugar in the recipe. I've done that when accidentally buying the wrong applesauce. It's probably about a 20g difference for 1/4 cup of applesauce. Divided among all the muffins, it's not that bad, really.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh yeah--any purée will work! Even mashed banana. I've used prune purée when WF used to sell jars of it for baking. This was way back when I made the John Robbins recipes all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Could also just be your body being a jerk and changing shiitake up on you. Love when my body does that.

Also, I like what Pittman has to say.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Does anyone like to weigh themselves before and after a poo? I had one that weighed 4 ounces this am.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 am 
Saggy Butt

ndpittman wrote:
I feel like I've heard somewhere the cystic acne is hormonal--is that false? I could be making it up. I wonder though about what weight change does to hormones.

I haven't been sleeping well the last three nights, and I am HUNGRY! because of it. And tired. Oh so tired. I'm proud of myself for trying to make reasonable food choices though.

Exactly this! Estrogen is stored in fat cells and is released into your body when you lose weight. It can do all kinds of crazy things to your hormones, especially rapid weight loss. I had been on this ultra low calorie low carb (800 calorie a day) clinic diet and they specifically told you that you needed to use a backup birth control method if you were on the pill. I knew personally of two people who got accidentally preggers while on the pill after being on that diet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:08 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

fupapack wrote:
Does anyone like to weigh themselves before and after a poo? I had one that weighed 4 ounces this am.

Haha yes! I made my boyfriend do it a couple of times too. Once he had 1.2 pounder! (TMI?)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 am 
Saggy Butt

I made myself late this morning trying on tops that I couldn't fit into before. I can now get into the Juicy Couture velour hoodie I bought 2 years ago for motivation, but it's too snug yet. I am wearing a top today that I couldn't wear before. Found another one that I can wear now that I couldn't. I didn't do the jeans but I have about 10 pairs I'll probably try on tonight and pull things into rotation. Squee!
These are all clothes that I have NEVER been able to wear--bought on clearance in smaller sizes or given to me by a friend. It's so exciting.

In other news, my smoothie was not smooth this morning. Too much frozen stuff and not enough liquid I think. Was chewing on pieces of kale like grass. Not yummy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

geeksweetheart wrote:
I made myself late this morning trying on tops that I couldn't fit into before. I can now get into the Juicy Couture velour hoodie I bought 2 years ago for motivation, but it's too snug yet. I am wearing a top today that I couldn't wear before. Found another one that I can wear now that I couldn't. I didn't do the jeans but I have about 10 pairs I'll probably try on tonight and pull things into rotation. Squee!
These are all clothes that I have NEVER been able to wear--bought on clearance in smaller sizes or given to me by a friend. It's so exciting.

In other news, my smoothie was not smooth this morning. Too much frozen stuff and not enough liquid I think. Was chewing on pieces of kale like grass. Not yummy.

Sometimes I'll blend the greens and liquid for a minute before adding everything, just give it a chance to really get ground up. I usually use baby spinach and almond milk, but I think it'd be helpful with kale.

Woohoo for new clothes!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

fupapack wrote:

Oh heck yeah! Often I've done my weigh in then about 15mins later while making breakfast I've felt the urge to go to the loo so obviously that means I have to have a weigh in after because ya know.... less is more and all that!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Limone wrote:
fupapack wrote:

Haha yes! I made my boyfriend do it a couple of times too. Once he had 1.2 pounder! (TMI?)

what does he eat?!?!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:31 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

fupapack wrote:
Limone wrote:
fupapack wrote:

what does he eat?!?!

Basically the same stuff I do! I mean he buys his own lunch and snacks at work sometimes, but somehow I doubt he's pounding 3 lbs of bran flakes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I seem to be plateaued out, weight wise. I hope it's because I've really upped my exercise and I'm getting bigger muscles, as I'm still keeping a close eye on my calories and trying to keep them to a reasonable amount. Maybe I should see if my gym can help me figure out my mm density.

In other news, I have never weighed myself after a poo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I want to eat ALL THE THINGS today. Leftovers? Check. Crackers, chips, pickles, salad, scallopini? Checccck.

Now I want a grilled daiya sammich, because grilled cheese day and it's all over FB. And I want chocolate, and soda, and I wouldn't turn down a bowl of Mac Daddy either.

And because of miserable freezing rain I can't even make up for it by taking the dog for an extra long walk or something. If he was the sort to like the rain I'd suck it up but he HATES being wet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:15 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Limone wrote:
fupapack wrote:

My husband once peed out four pounds of liquid. IN ONE GO. Granted, it was the day after having a saline drip but still.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:03 pm 
Saggy Butt

I lost another 3 pounds?! 5 more pounds till I'm in the 200's!!! When I see 299 on that scale I am seriously going to cry.

I have a cold :( i havent had a cold in almost 2 years but before that I used to get bad bronchitis and ear infections about 3x a year. I bet having eliminated dairy from my life will help this go quickly. I made myself a huge smoothie with kale, blackberries, strawberries and banana and I got a bunch of oranges, Amy's No-Chicken soup, Sleepytime Sinus tea and eucalyptus bath salts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:05 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Whoo!

Feel better soon,though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:03 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Feel better geeksweetheart! And way to go on your progress... you'll be seeing that 299 before you know it! I also used to be one of those people who got bronchitis several times per year, but it's become far less frequent over the past few years... not sure if it has anything to do with diet, but it sucks when it does happen! I suspect the lack of dairy in your diet will make you less phlegmy in any case.

My body is playing games with me. I have been on the cusp of entering the 150s for the last week and a half... a couple of mornings I've weighed in and it's been like 159.6, but of course when I did my official weigh-in last time it was 160.4, haha. Perhaps next time will be the magic time. I don't know why that seems like such an accomplishment, because I'll still be "overweight" for my height, but I like seeing the numbers go down!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

tinglepants! wrote:
Limone wrote:
fupapack wrote:

My husband once peed out four pounds of liquid. IN ONE GO. Granted, it was the day after having a saline drip but still.

that's half a gallon!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

i have gained 15 pounds in the past 2 months... i hate my thyroid :( :(
I really want to try to eat 1800 calories now but it's so hard, 2 days ago i changed my hormonal pills yet again and i want to eat everything in sight :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

tinglepants! wrote:
Limone wrote:
fupapack wrote:

I had a pee like that after iv fluids. It was intense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:38 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm the name of research for the ppk I did a pre and post morning wee weight in. There was 2lb in the difference. The weigh in is not counted towards my weekly weigh in because the scales was in the "wrong" spot (uneven flooring) and in that spot it always adds a few lbs on. That and weigh in just after the weekend is just silly when it comes to me because, ya know, food.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 145  Next