| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:23 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

You clearly have antimatter poops. Your poops reverse gravity.

Or maybe you moved your scales? Mine give different readings, depending on where I put them in the bathroom.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:33 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

They were in the exact same spot. There's a few markings on the floor so I know exactly where to place the scales. I then went and moved the scales to 2 different spots and I got higher again readings. I'm going to stick with the first reading.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:34 am 

daisychain, bodies are magic. It's the only explanation. (or poops are?)

I had a NSV yesterday! I had my picture taken and I liked how I looked. :-D :-D I'm following the Eating the Food group on facebook and they talk about body recomposition (from fat to muscle) at a certain point and I think I'm kind of ok with starting that process, once I can work in some more serious strength training. My weight's higher than my head goal weight but I've never been able to get below this weight because I am laaazyyyy and hate logging food. It's also plausible that this is my body's happy weight.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:15 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

lillianp wrote:
daisychain, bodies are magic. It's the only explanation. (or poops are?)

I had a NSV yesterday! I had my picture taken and I liked how I looked. :-D :-D I'm following the Eating the Food group on facebook and they talk about body recomposition (from fat to muscle) at a certain point and I think I'm kind of ok with starting that process, once I can work in some more serious strength training. My weight's higher than my head goal weight but I've never been able to get below this weight because I am laaazyyyy and hate logging food. It's also plausible that this is my body's happy weight.

The great thing about body recomp is that weight doesn't really matter at that point. Like, you could stay at the weight you're currently at but change your body completely, or even go up in weight but have a smaller waist (or whatever your goal is. Maybe it's a larger waist, that would be cool too).

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:10 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Lost 1 1/2 pounds this week ... I think it's the first time in 5 months I've actually lost what Myfitnesspal "projects" I should lose. Hopefully this keeps rolling! Good motivation to behave this weekend ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I went up about a pound and a half. I've been stress eating, generally eating unhealthily, and drinking a bit more. I'm mostly staying near my calorie goal but clearly not taking the best care of myself is catching up to me. I feel more bloated and icky, so it's not just about me freaking out over the number on the scale.

I also haven't done yoga in about a month(!!!!) and considering how good it was making me feel, that has to change.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:48 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

somehow I ate with total abandon at VidaVeganCon and didn't gain any weight? Maybe it will show up in a few days.

Also, I've noticed that it's been really easy for me to meet my calorie goals since I got home, without any struggle. I usually give myself a couple days each month where I put down my calorie book and just groove on whatever I feel like eating. But it's interesting to see how pyschologically happy I am to count calories this week after a week where I didn't restrict myself at all. Hm. It makes me think about those Will Power studies that show that we each have limited willpower, and at some point we are bound to break.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:40 pm 

I was comfort eating and lazy cow eating all this week. I'm too afraid to stand on the scales.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 am 
Level 7 Vegan

23 pounds down since November! I feel comfortable and back to normal. At this point I think I want to lose maybe 9 more just for my vanity (which would still be within a very healthy range), and then I'll maintain my weight there.

It's weird...I feel like I look almost exactly the same. My pants feel bigger and my boyfriend says I look thinner, but I haven't noticed much change. It's mostly a feeling of being less bloated.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:40 pm 

I've apparently put on two kilos in the last ten days since I've been travelling about a lot. I've been eating lots of bread, so hopefully I'll do a few big wees in the next few days and slim down a bit. Still, it's a bit upsetting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:54 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Gulliver wrote:
I've apparently put on two kilos in the last ten days since I've been travelling about a lot. I've been eating lots of bread, so hopefully I'll do a few big wees in the next few days and slim down a bit. Still, it's a bit upsetting.

Twinsies unfortunately! Here's to big wees!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:17 pm 

I got brave this morning. I'm 134.7lbs. Up 3.4lbs. Depressing.

I ate a lot today but it was good quality food. I did have a 3rd naan bread when I should have only had 1. No sweets or crisps today though. Only had sugar in one cup of tea.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

daisychain wrote:

I ate a lot today but it was good quality food. I did have a 3rd naan bread when I should have only had 1. No sweets or crisps today though. Only had sugar in one cup of tea.

How tall are you? 134.7 doesn't seem like a high weight to me.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 am 

Well, I've lost nearly a kilo since yesterday. Big wees to the rescue!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I have been overeating and gaining for months and this week I could finally eat less and Im down a kilo. encouraging.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:43 am 

Jigglypuff wrote:
daisychain wrote:

How tall are you? 134.7 doesn't seem like a high weight to me.

I'm 5ft 2. When I put on weight I get lovely issues like increased back pain and high cholesterol. Also, with the medication I am on I put on weight super easy because it slows metabolism and it gives insane sugar cravings so it makes the whole maintaining a healthy weight really, really difficult. If I put on weight then my clothes won't fit me and I can't afford new clothes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Right, third and last baby is nearly three and I need to get a body I don't mind keeping for the next few decades! Yoga and Myfitnesspal... Good start?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 am 
And you never will.

I'm back (again)! Cutting out sugar for realsies - at least until I'm confident I can control myself around the stuff. I'm on day three of no sugar and no white flour. Also trying to focus on whole foods for a while, cutting out caffeine (which was only one cup of tea in the mornings anyway), increasing my water intake, and slowly adding exercise back into my routine. Only weighing once a week so I haven't seen a scale victory yet, but after a couple of really rough days I'm feeling a lot better today!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Cgvegan wrote:
Right, third and last baby is nearly three and I need to get a body I don't mind keeping for the next few decades! Yoga and Myfitnesspal... Good start?

That combo helped me lose 10ish lbs over 4 months, so sounds like a good plan to me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:20 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm mfpsaralexis on MFP, make friends with me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:23 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

And I had a stellar start- accidental cupcake baking with children and hoovering the leftover bits on their plates- sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:29 pm 

I think I've reached the point where tracking what I eat is all that is going to work. My portion sizes have been creeping up too. I'm really considering rejoining weight watchers. The only thing stopping me for the next fortnight is the cost of it. For now I'm going to download MFP.

Darn these few pounds being such a huge battle!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

poopiebitch wrote:
I'm back (again)! Cutting out sugar for realsies - at least until I'm confident I can control myself around the stuff. I'm on day three of no sugar and no white flour. Also trying to focus on whole foods for a while, cutting out caffeine (which was only one cup of tea in the mornings anyway), increasing my water intake, and slowly adding exercise back into my routine. Only weighing once a week so I haven't seen a scale victory yet, but after a couple of really rough days I'm feeling a lot better today!

Me too!! I've had the worst time over the past couple of years trying to get back into the swing of things. I'll start out great and then after a few weeks give up on everything. But I think I have a clear head and goals in mind. I just today started a new schedule that allows me to come into work really early so I have plenty of time to exercise in the work gym before even starting my day. I basically took a shower and put workout gear on and came to work that way, so I'm forcing it to happen! I only walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. But I'm doing it every morning and soon I should be able to up the intensity.

I weighed myself before starting today and was horrified at my weight gain. It's time to get serious! Good Luck to both of us!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:46 pm 

Just signed up to MFP. Apparently my calorie goal is 1240. *gulps* That doesn't sound like an awful lot! Although, I've never calorie counted before.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 pm 
And you never will.

GraciaKai wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

Me too!! I've had the worst time over the past couple of years trying to get back into the swing of things. I'll start out great and then after a few weeks give up on everything. But I think I have a clear head and goals in mind. I just today started a new schedule that allows me to come into work really early so I have plenty of time to exercise in the work gym before even starting my day. I basically took a shower and put workout gear on and came to work that way, so I'm forcing it to happen! I only walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. But I'm doing it every morning and soon I should be able to up the intensity.

I weighed myself before starting today and was horrified at my weight gain. It's time to get serious! Good Luck to both of us!!

Yay us! We can do it!

I should note that I'm also tracking calories/nutrients again, as that was the most effective for me in the past.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 145  Next