| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:31 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out.

For me I find it's easier to stick with something once I've been doing it for a week or two solid, because you get into sort of a routine, but every time I get distracted by something else in my life (usually travel or just generally busy days) I find it so hard to get started again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yup, me too! I got beyond distracted and then defunked when I couldn't keep my routine because of injuries and some surgeries that put me out for a while. Finally starting to feel into again. It's only been twoish maybe three years!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:09 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I am trying to eat no added sugar until sunday to get back into eating less of it, Im a bit scared.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:31 pm 
Tofu Pup

The worst is trying to keep off the carbohydrates and eat healthier on my times at house, i am doing a bit of a kitchen clean out and trying not to buy food while i pay off some expenses which indicates that there is very restricted clean generate.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:37 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yay! Milestone reached! My jeans fit me again! I wore them this evening for a while so I am thrilled.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

daisychain wrote:
Yay! Milestone reached! My jeans fit me again! I wore them this evening for a while so I am thrilled.

Congratulations! Oh my goodness, I'd be so thrilled too, I'm happy for you. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Congrats Daisy!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:30 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks! It gave me the boost I need especially when I have had a tough week.

I weighed myself the other day but can't remember what it was. I was in such a rush I didn't get to register what it was so I might weigh myself tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:07 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

The first time I did MFP, it didn't work at all. But I recently decided to try it again and what I did differently was, I put in no activity level. I think it overestimates how many calories you burn when you put in a more 'active' modifier, and of course on days you are less active, it doesn't take that into account (for example, I have a moderately active job but am sluggy on the weekend). So this time, I put in the most sedentary setting possible---but then I eat back my exercise. And since 1230 calories is so low, I pretty much have to exercise if I want to eat normal meals! I typically am doing 20-30 minutes of a workout video, plus sometimes a walk outside. I am eating about 1400-1500 calories. And I am losing. That was the trick for me, put in the lowest activity setting but then eat back the exercise.

The other thing which made a huge difference---a few weeks ago, I cut out all the candy, sugary drinks, treats and processed sugar. I don't care about fruit sugars, and I don't read the label on every loaf of bread for it, but I didn't realize the effect 'treats' were having on me until I cut them out. I was eating them within my calorie allowance, and doing ok, but when I cut them out, I lost 3 pounds almost immediately and felt so much better! My energy was better, my sleep was better and my craving all but disappeared. This week, we had some parties at work and I relapsed, now I feel huge and bloated and hungry all the time. It will take another week of abstention to get my system back to normal. I guess that even though I was eating within my calorie allowance, sugar was still affecting my blood sugar or metabolism or something and causing cravings. For me, it is better to avoid it, it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:07 am 
Nailed to the V

I am also fitting into my old jeans! Very pleased about that because I have my black jeans back and they make me feel slightly smarter :p

I think I have to come to terms though that I'm not ever going to fit into most of my old clothes. My hips seem to have discovered a new, wider bone structure which they never had so much before. Even though I've lost weight its mainly come of my waist. My boobs too have gone ridiculous, I can't even wear any fitted button ups anymore because I breathe out and pop! And to think teen me moped about small boobs!

I've been using MFP and I gotta say it's scary how much it freaks me out. I get 1400 a day and realistically that gives me 3 meals and a couple glass of juice etc. I find myself skipping meals etc so I don't get 'in the red' on it. I love baking but haven't done any in a long time because I wouldn't be able to log it and even if I did i ccouldn't afford the calories. My fiance uses it too - he isn't losing, and he gets almost twice what I get. He uses it to track nutrients etc. So I can't really stop because it's something he really like doing. Ugh. Sorry had to moan :p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:59 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I know what you mean, vixki! I am always over, but I try to ignore it. Most days I eat a reasonable amount, exercise, and am happy, so I just go with it. Also, you can use the recipe builder to add your baked goods. And if you search, some things might already be in there (if it's from a popular recipe or something).

I guess I just wanted to say don't get too bogged down with the calorie counting and being in the red. I'm projecting if course, but I know I had to take a break from using a tracker because I felt myself start to have unhealthy thoughts because my perfectionist personality wanted all the numbers to line up, even if they weren't right for me.

Congrats to you and daisychain about the jeans!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks!

I weighed myself this morning. 130.6lbs!!! I dunno how that happened because I lost interest in the calorie tracking really quick! I had a lot of stress this week so it could have been that.

I notice a huge difference in my shape. It has all gone off my hips and I am looking more toned again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yay, that is so exciting! Good job.

As of Tuesday I had lost my first 5 pounds. It's been a long time since I could say that I lost any weight at all. But we will see if I can keep that off through the weekend. I've been slacking this week with food and accidentally made a super high calorie meal. Somehow I thought an avocado and basil pesto sauce over pasta would be a great idea. And it was until I added the recipe into SparkPeople and realized how many calories that added up to. Ooooops!

But I haven't been snacking after dinner at all. And that is an accomplishment for me. Feeling good over all. Finished with the second week of my new schedule and workout regime.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ah don't worry, I had to have a bag of fries for my dinner monday then a plate of dries for lunch Wednesday. I had to sugar load on Tuesday because there was nothing else to eat at the course I was at along with an entire avocado for lunch. Yesterday I had 2 packets of starburst and for dinner I had fry's chocolate creme and chili doritos because I was out at a counselling session yesterday evening and had no time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Does anyone know of any vegan meal "weight loss" recipe plans out there in internetland that don't totally suck? I've been so busy lately that I think it would be helpful to follow someone else's suggestions of what to eat for a couple weeks, haha. I looked at the 21 Day Vegan Kickstart and it seems OK, but it's not necessarily the most efficient menu in terms of the associated shopping list.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm writing one.. sometimes. In German. Basically because I bought some of the Happy Herbivore ones and I liked the idea but the recipes were so bland and there was stuff I couldnt get here. Id be interested in other plans, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Brendan Braziers Thrive Diet has recipes, weekly meal plans, and shopping list. My only issue with it was the high cost items and the intense amount of prep time. Other than this just picking recipes from AFR and doing your own meal planning would work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I'm writing one.. sometimes. In German. Basically because I bought some of the Happy Herbivore ones and I liked the idea but the recipes were so bland and there was stuff I couldnt get here. Id be interested in other plans, too.

Excellent! I hope you share eventually. There are surely some other German speakers on here. :)

My biggest problem with some of the meal plans I've seen is they call for expensive stuff - I just want to eat a lot of beans and whatever vegetables are readily available. 21 Day Kickstart doesn't seem *too* bad in that regard... I looked at the first week of that menu and there are only a couple of things that seem out of place to me (like there's a fresh fennel and orange salad in there... sounds tasty, but those things can be kind of expensive where I live so I almost never get them). I've never tried any of those recipes though, so maybe they're all terrible. If any of you have experience with it feel free to chime in.

I like the idea of picking recipes out of AFR because I already know that most of them are good, but that just creates another level of work. I wish there were some sample meal plans in there! One book that does have sample meal plans is Quick & Easy Low-Cal Comfort Food, but those recipes tend to be less veggie-heavy, which is sort of what I'm trying to move away from.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yes, me too. I'd like a good vegan meal plan of Quick and Easy Low-Cal Comfort Food, just to get me started in the habit of eating to lose without having to think too much about it. I agree the Kickstart plan has some very pricey menu ideas. I actually wrote them an email to let them know that their menu wasn't much help for low income folks trying to get healthy - I never heard back from PCRM though. A lot of Lindsay Nixon's recipes don't appeal to me either. So, if anyone learns of a good plan without expensive ingredients I'd love to give it a go too.

And congratulations GraciaKai on the 5 lbs, good stuff! I think I'll do a cartwheel, if I ever manage to get that first 5 lbs off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:47 pm 
And you never will.

I weighed today and I'm down 14 pounds from when I started. I still have a long (long, long) way to go, but it's a start.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks! If I knew how to do a cartwheel I would!

Yay Poopie Yay!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:34 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

poopie, that's awesome!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:05 am 
Impressive boner

Congrats poopie!

I was very happy maintaining my weight for months but have suddenly gained 7lbs and am very unhappy about it, so would like to start losing weight again. My goal is to lose 35lbs and would like to have made a significant dent in this by the middle of October. My plan is more veg, protein and good fats, less carbs (still a decent amount, but just not as much as now) and more physical activity.

The only catch to my plan is that I'm having symptoms such as depression and a possibly thyroid problem, which could throw a spanner in the works regarding exhaustion and motivation, but I'll deal with them as they happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:44 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I lost 40 pounds in 11 months time. I want to lose another 4 but the closer I get to a normal weight, the harder it seems to be to lose those pounds.

I think that's partially cause I am now less motivated to go to the gym 4-5 times a week.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That is an amazing achievement, VE! Congratulations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 145  Next