| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Way to go Veg E!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:24 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Veg_Eric wrote:
I lost 40 pounds in 11 months time. I want to lose another 4 but the closer I get to a normal weight, the harder it seems to be to lose those pounds.

I think that's partially cause I am now less motivated to go to the gym 4-5 times a week.

That's super awesome, VegEric! Congrats!

I totally know what you mean about those last few pounds. I've lost 25 pounds since last fall, and in theory I want to lose 5 more, but actually, I feel good now and I like how I look (??! Amazing!) - so there's not a lot of motivation to buckle down for these last few pounds. Its more just a matter of meeting my original goal. But, either way, I'm happy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The spam above is hilarious and should be retained as the best thing in this thread. Popeye!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ive been prepping for a healthy week of food all day. Decided to cook from AFR this week. I made the green goddess fressing for my salads this week. And for dinners Im making the upside down shepherds pie with caulipots, hottie black eyed pes with greens over sweet potatoes, and easy breezy cheese sauce over baked potatoes and broccoli. Im excited!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 pm 
Saggy Butt

Hi again, all. I keep saying I'm back but this time I mean it for reals :) I signed up for Weight Watchers online today--it's worked for me somewhat in the past and MyFitnessPal just isn't cutting it for me for some reason. I like that the WW will track the "extra" points I get for a week so I can splurge but not keep splurging.
Anyway unfortunately I've gained back almost 20 pounds. Sigh. It had been actually over 20 pounds but I'm back down to 320 from 326. I've been eating my feelings really a lot. That visit with my Dad didn't help. And I have a great new boyfriend but dating and relationships stress me out and I eat.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hope WW goes better for you this time around! Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Right, I need to get back into action again I had a bit of a hiccup thanks to my mood and once I got my appetite on track it was eating anything that tasted good and required minimal effort. So basically I was living on Linda Mc sausage rolls, cookies and ice-cream for the past week.

I haven't weighed in yet but I will tomorrow morning to see what the damage is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I have been totally MIA from MFP and all that lately. I haven't been putting on weight, but I haven't really been losing either. I guess that's proof that tracking really does work for me? Also, I have been so lazy... the hot weather makes me want to just lie on the floor so I don't melt in the heat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

So far, so good with the Weight Watchers! I've been trying really hard to get more fruits and veggies in. I was in the same boat of eating any kind of junk that was easy and tasted good.

WW has me on way more calories than MFP but I've lost 2 pounds already. Huh.

I've made kale/spinach/lemon/ginger/celery juice for the last several days for breakfast and I feel good!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thats exciting!

The heat really does suck the life out of you. Ive been lucky that its not too terrible when Im going into work at 6am. But when I was on my old schedule and not getting in until 9am I was miserable in the summer. Commuting and taking trains in 90 degree weather is not fun.

I think Im actually starting to enjoy my morning walks. On the days I dont walk because Im tired and want a rest I feel worse. But when I push through and do it I feel much better all day. Even tried to jog today. For about 30 seconds! Down 5 pounds, not much but a start.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:10 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Good news: I'm 5 lbs above my original goal weight.

Not as good news: I'm still not as slim as I'd like to be, so I am going to try for another 10 lbs. This will not only give me a nice comfort margin, but also will put me in a "normal" BMI which, while mainly a vanity thing, is still something I desire.

Frustrating part: I've been food tracking for around 2 weeks (maybe 3). I've been consistently at or under my calorie goals all but 2 days and not terribly far over on those 2. I've also been choosing healthier foods and exercising every day. All the stuff, right? But my weight does not seem to be changing at all. Not even a little.

I just need to hang in there, yeah?

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hang in there for sure! You are close. Maybe try changing your workouts ,if you are working out. It sounds like your doing good with food and tracking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:13 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Definitely hang in there! Almost two months ago I started working with a personal trainer and here's a scary thing; at my last weigh-in (which was the 3rd of this month) I had lost no weight but a total of 3.5 inches of my big ol' belly. Yes, I want to see my weight go down since i'm a heffa-lump, but just knowing that my body is changing in any way is awesome! My next weigh in is this next week, I'm kind of nervous, I did not track well at all this month and I was on vacation. I ran the Tahoe Relay on my vacation, but it was still a vacation meaning when I wasn't running or have the stomach flu I floated around and drank all day... Which are bad choices when trying to lose weight =(

Good luck to everyone else this week!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

cas.. are you drinking enough water or is there a lot of salt in what you are eating? I find that upsets my weight loss if either one is at play.

I weighed the scales 131.6 which isn't bad at all considering the level of junk I have eaten over the past week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:36 am 
WRETCHED

This is probably anti-weight loss but we are having a donation truck pick up stuff tomorrow. I decided to clean out my closet. There are some things that I haven't fit into in 7 or 8 years. By the time I get back to that size, I'm doubtful that I'll want to wear them (other than some work clothes). Problem is I feel like I have nothing to wear because my closet has various sizes in it. So I'm packing stuff up that I am close in size into and donating things that are too small.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:32 pm 
And you never will.

I went so totally off the deep end over the last couple of weeks and gained back two pounds. I've been eating whatever I wanted, eating out, eating sugar... and I feel so gross.

Anyway, I'm back to it now! I prepped a week's worth of green smoothies last night and put them in individual bags in the freezer, so all I have to do is put a cup of water and a bag of frozen fruit/veg in the Vitamix (along with some optional flaxseed) and blend. I had one this morning and I already feel better! SO yummy and I'm excited that I can have a green smoothie every morning with no excuses because the work is already done.

Now I just need to make a meal plan and do the shopping for the week so I can't convince myself to get takeaway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:49 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Good job PB, hang in there! Prepping is the best way to stay on track.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:20 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I'm back in, you guys. I am feeling pretty good about myself and I am ready to ditch the weight I have gained from meds and PCOS over the past 3 years. I don't have a goal weight or anything, I just want to feel more comfortable and I want to get more fit and healthy (meaning more healthy food choices) so I guess I will aim for a loss of 1lb/week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Thanks PPK! You are all right, I do just need to keep going. 2-3 weeks really isn't enough time to see a significant change, and I kinda know that.

It's a little frustrating because I have started biking a LOT more (I'm right around 100 miles in the past 5 days, when a few weeks ago I was going more like 50/week) while making dietary changes, and it just seems like I should be seeing *something* after 3 weeks of this. And actually, I am bodywise-- my legs look different, in a good way, and my super gigantic boobs have decreased almost an entire cup size (which, while annoying at the moment as I have no bras in that size, is a good thing long-term). Maybe I need to just not get hung up on numbers.

As a side note, I am actually worried I'm eating too little salt and drinking too much water! I rarely get more than about 40% of the recommended limit, and I sweat so forking much while biking that I spend all day thirsty despite swilling down water.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I understand totally. I'm 4 weeks into my new routine, I have worked out at least three days a week every week and I'm not seeing the weight loss I want or expected. But I'm trying hard to not let it get me down and just keep pushing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm 
And you never will.

coldandsleepy wrote:
As a side note, I am actually worried I'm eating too little salt and drinking too much water! I rarely get more than about 40% of the recommended limit, and I sweat so forking much while biking that I spend all day thirsty despite swilling down water.

My low-sodium PSA: when I was cycling a lot a few years ago (around 120 miles/week), I was getting around 25-30% RDA of sodium and drinking tons of water and ended up with mild hyponatremia. It freaked me out because I was out cycling and suddenly felt dizzy and confused, I stopped and had to vomit and I couldn't remember where I was. I'm not trying to scare you, but please be careful! If non-salty foods (like bananas!) start to taste salty to you, or you have any weird symptoms, please eat some salt. Don't settle for sports drinks at that point because they're still more water-diluted than your blood needs if you're already deficient.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:06 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I've been having trouble drinking too much water recently (lithium) to the point where I am feeling sick because I am so full of water and still thirsty, so I called my GP and while she will be doing a U&E to check my salts, she just advised lucozade sport. She said I could take dioralyte or something if I wanted but they had the same as the lucozade but just tasted gross.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:13 pm 
Married to the wolfman

poopiebitch wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:

My low-sodium PSA: when I was cycling a lot a few years ago (around 120 miles/week), I was getting around 25-30% RDA of sodium and drinking tons of water and ended up with mild hyponatremia.

Yes! That is pretty much exactly what I'm concerned about. Yikes. I'm glad you were ok!

I'm a little bit at a loss as to how to eat more salt though. It's not like I don't put salt in if a recipe calls for it, but I'm still not getting very much even with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:30 pm 
And you never will.

Most days I just ended up having a cup of basic miso soup in the mornings, which helped me a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 pm 
Saggy Butt

now down 4lbs since Monday! Weight Watchers is working, people!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 145  Next