| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:23 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Maybe this is a dumb question, but WW points are only calculated based on the fat/carb/fiber/protein mix, right? So if whatever I'm eating has extra veggies or fruits, those don't calculate into points? I ask because I have a smoothie I make pretty regularly with fruit, spinach, and then some mix-ins. I'm assuming the points are only calculated based on the mix-ins, which are usually hemp protein, flax, yogurt, and almond milk. I don't need to worry about entering the fruit, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:35 am 
Ninja Master

I don't know how it works now but when I did WW years ago, some veggies were free of points (like salad veg, carrots, courgettes... etc) but not all of them and most fruit had points in.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think with their new program all fruits and veg are free points. But there is something with recipes. Like if you add them into a recipe it counts them but if you just add an apple to your daily it won't count it. Kind of confusing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:17 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Oh man, I'm at a friend's house and I just weighed myself (I don't own a scale, so I usually have no idea how much I weigh) and I'm ~160. I'm going to weigh myself again in the morning to get a more accurate read, but that's definitely higher than I thought it was. My goal for now is going to be to get to 145 by the end of the summer, and see how I feel at that weight :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 pm 
Semen Strong

I've been losing weight, but just read that as long as you have a waist size over 35, then you are at increased risk for heart disease. Despite losing a lot of weight, I still have a 38" waist. Basically I am a 38-38-38 so a freaking rectangle, even though I am no longer obese and just 10lbs away from being within the "normal" range re BMI, I still have elevated heart risk. BOOO! I'm feeling down and a bit depressed.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/calculating-y ... mference__

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:02 pm 
Saggy Butt

Rectangles unite! I too am pretty much the exact same width straight down from my armpits to my butt.

That sucks about the elevated heart disease risk, but remember that it's just one data point amongst many. If you look at the diet side of things you've probably got lots of factors that put you at a reduced risk for the exact same thing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ive heard this before and while I think its true for the most part I dont think its universal. Some people will never have an hourglass waist no matter or how small they are!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Dread to think what way my weight is! I've had a week of eating sweet things. If I see another bag of fries I will scream. My aunt tried to force me into eating a box of them last night. Luckily my aunt in law didn't get them for me. Saying that, I've still done at least an hours walk everyday and I've been doing some work on the farm so at least I've not been on my butt while eating all those things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:11 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

poopiebitch wrote:
What I've been struggling with the last few days is not getting enough healthy fats. Apparently I don't eat enough fat? Yesterday I had to add a tablespoon of coconut oil to my protein shake to bump it up a little, and today I only have 15g planned (I always pre-log my days so there's no guesswork throughout the day). I guess I could eat half an avocado.

I have the opposite problem - I seem to eat so much fat! It's probably because I eat quite a lot of nut butter. I had 74 grams of fat today - eek! I guess I need to eat less peanut butter and less coconut products...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:56 am 
Saggy Butt

Since I stopped working at the farm, I've put on weight. I've been really hard on myself about it. I'm hoping to start running again, but I've been struggling with depression and not wanting to go. Ho hum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I am so sick of all my workouts :/ I have P90X and Chalean Extreme and I'm sick of them. I have Turbo Jam but I don't like it. It's hot as heck, so outside things are out. I have yoga mats and weights (2lbs, 5lbs, 8lbs, 10lbs, 15lbs). Haaate my workouts aaaahhhhhh.

Tofulish wrote:
Back on track and I've gone down to 130. I'd love to lose 15lbs more, but am so grateful to be back into size 4 - 6 clothes. I was up to a size 12 before I got pregnant. I am really short, so although the sizes sound small, they look pretty huge on someone who is under 5' tall. Dr Fuhrman's chart has me as being an ideal 98lbs, which is completely not possible for me. When I mentioned that to my NP, she said that was ridiculous (bless her!). Also, I would have to get to 120 to not be "overweight" for my BMI. But at the moment, I am just grateful to not be in the obese range any longer.

I really appreciated j-dub's advice upthread about eating normally and still enjoying food, and not feeling bad if you eat more than you want, because that keeps your body from going into starvation mode and actually helps you lose weight in the long run. That has been true for me and has gone a long way to helping me not beat up on myself for slip-ups

I wish I had time to go to the gym, because in the past, the weight has come off so much easier when I can work out. Still, long walks and toddler chasing seems to be helping!

SHUT UP that's AWESOME! Pre-pregnancy I was 123 (at 5') and a size 8 or so. Now I'm 149 and a 12 (probably more of a 14 but I am denying that shiitake like crazy). I'm out of obese but man I'd love to dump overweight. My shorts from 2 summers ago don't fit :(

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

App, I think I finally found a dvd that I might be able to stick with for more than a few weeks. I really like Jackie Warner and right now (just today I started) I'm doing her Power Circuit Training dvd. It has a full 40 min workout which is what I did. But then it has 4 15 min workouts based on areas of the body. Abs, Lower, Upper, and then a 15 min full body if you are short on time. The full 40 min workout was really good! She did it by area of the body as well, three specific exercises per area of concentration. I actually enjoyed it! And it was like 5 bucks on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Personal-Training ... t+training

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

GraciaKai wrote:
App, I think I finally found a dvd that I might be able to stick with for more than a few weeks. I really like Jackie Warner and right now (just today I started) I'm doing her Power Circuit Training dvd. It has a full 40 min workout which is what I did. But then it has 4 15 min workouts based on areas of the body. Abs, Lower, Upper, and then a 15 min full body if you are short on time. The full 40 min workout was really good! She did it by area of the body as well, three specific exercises per area of concentration. I actually enjoyed it! And it was like 5 bucks on Amazon.

I think I have this and have never used it. I'll send it to you appifanie, if you want it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:49 pm 

ndpittman wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:

I think I have this and have never used it. I'll send it to you appifanie, if you want it?

If you're sure you aren't going to use it, that would be awesome! And if you change your mind I can send it back. Thank you! I'm likely not going to use Turbo Jam if you want to give it a try?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:20 pm 
Semen Strong

Thanks appifanie! Its been interesting, because before I had L, I calorie restricted and the pounds were just not moving and now I am eating a lot more and losing. I know the BFing helps, but wonder whether its in part because as j-dub says, if you eat a larger number of calories, then your body doesn't go into conservation mode. Also, after you turn 40 you lose muscle so maybe that's it? I honestly have no idea, but it definitely feels great!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:42 pm 
WRETCHED

My current effort is to go through all my exercise videos and decide which ones I need to prune. The good is it means I'm exercising more and making room. I don't think I like Jillian Michaels personality and I have a few of her videos but I'm going to give them a second chance prior to putting them in the begone pile.

I'm not counting calories or even weighing right now, I'm just focusing on exercise and eating well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Have any of you seen the show Extreme Weight Loss? Its on right now and I had never watched it before because I dont like the competitive game part of the biggest loser. But this is way different. I found it so inspiring! Each episode is about one person and their weight loss journey over a year. It just gives you that feeling of knowing you arent alone and if they can do it and be brave enough to show their struggles on tv then I can do it too!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:22 am 

appifanie wrote:
i'm down to 136.6! i haven't been that low since I was like...2-3 months pregnant. woo! about 13 lbs to go. i was a 14 (okay, i prolly should have been a 16, but i refused to buy them) and now 12s are loose and i can get some 10s on. actually, i'm going to try on all my pants again later today to see how that's going.

149. Sigh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 am 

started the day with a green smoothie - kale, 2 bananas, strawberries, flax seed - and now i'm having an apple. i had my morning coffee too. checked out 7 workout DVDs from the library!

Tofulish wrote:
Thanks appifanie! Its been interesting, because before I had L, I calorie restricted and the pounds were just not moving and now I am eating a lot more and losing. I know the BFing helps, but wonder whether its in part because as j-dub says, if you eat a larger number of calories, then your body doesn't go into conservation mode. Also, after you turn 40 you lose muscle so maybe that's it? I honestly have no idea, but it definitely feels great!

how many cals were you eating pre-pregnancy and how many now?

GraciaKai wrote:
Have any of you seen the show Extreme Weight Loss? Its on right now and I had never watched it before because I dont like the competitive game part of the biggest loser. But this is way different. I found it so inspiring! Each episode is about one person and their weight loss journey over a year. It just gives you that feeling of knowing you arent alone and if they can do it and be brave enough to show their struggles on tv then I can do it too!

i watch biggest loser, but i think it's kind of horrible, and EWL doesn't give me those bad feelings. a year is so much more sane than 4-8 weeks or whatever. new episode tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:01 am 

appifanie wrote:
you guys! these shorts were too tight last year -

they fit exactly again! (i'm rereading the whole damn thread and taking notes)

Post subject: !``
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 am 
Semen Strong

Hahaha for taking notes!

Prepregnancy I was dealing with PCOS, so I was working out and not eating much at all. In fact I did the Master Cleanse 2x and lost only about 5lbs of water weight, which was awesome. Its weird but hormones (and health conditions and meds etc) really can play havoc with your weight, which is why it sucks so much that even medical professionals will sometimes dismiss it as simply a matter of "calories in and calories out." (see Body Shaming Thread).

Basically in 2008, I was 118lbs (size 0-2), working out 2 hours a day and then got my new job, where I could only do an hour of cardio a day. I wasn't eating much, but I was superstressed and working long hours and the weight started to just climb up. I would do a cleanse or just eat lots of salad etc, and nothing helped. I just kept gaining to my biggest size (12 when I got married on 12/28/2009). I lost a bit once I was put on Metformin for the PCOS, but not a ton, and ended up conceiving at 148 (size 8-10)in 2011. Then through my pregnancy, I went up to 178, and then 3 months postpartum I was down to 164lbs (I accused my MD of having a broken scale). At the start of this year I was back to 148 and have lost nearly 20lbs so far. I am not working out past toddlerchasing but have been BFing since 2011 when L was born. So over 5 years, I have fluctuated up and down 60lbm s. At this point I am eating about 1800-2000 cals a day, but I'm pretty relaxed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:50 pm 

Tofulish that is all awesome! GOOD JOB.

My rentals:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 pm 

GraciaKai wrote:
I havent tried hemp hearts yet. What I bought was hemp powder. The taste didnt bother me at all but the texture is a bit grainy. That would be my only complaint. I think for the most part if your adding it to smoothies you can mask the flavor with whatever you like. It was only 16 dollars for a container so I was willing to try it. But im going to look for hemp hearts to add to my chia seed pudding this weekend when I go shopping. So I'll report back!

Hemp powder is weird because in the beginning it's kind of gross but now I LOVE IT.

1 cup milk
1 frozen banana
2 dates
2 scoops hemp protein

YUM. The dates sort of bring out the yum of the hemp.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:41 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

appifanie - I've got that 10 minute solution 5 day get fit mix! I did it today :) it's a little cheesy but its one I always go back to.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm 

good to hear, thanks! it definitely looks cheesy :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 145  Next