| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

pickledtreats wrote:
You guys, I am freaking starving today trying to stick to this points thing! Granted, I'm trying to "save myself" for homemade enchiladas tonight, but damn. I had fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch of just veggies and a bit of dressing. I can't quite figure out how you're supposed to stay full and eat in a way that is healthy AND lose weight like this.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it's super frustrating. I know you can "earn" points by working out, which I haven't been doing, but I can only imagine I'll be more hungry when I do that.

Something that helped me feel full for quite a while (only after several months of doing it quite often I'm getting a bit sick of them) has been soaking 20 whole almonds in water when I get to my workplace. After an hour they've started to absorb the liquid and get tastier and I nibble on them through the rest of the morning, but I know the longer I can hold off eating them the better they will be! I believe 20 almonds is around 140 calories, so shouldn't make too much difference to your day overall.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I need some ideas for protein rich stuff that isn't too high in points. Yesterday I had some steel cut oats with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana. That made all the difference to my day, which makes sense. I need to better balance my points throughout the day. This is going to take some practice!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I tried one of the new vega bars over the weekend. They are way to pricey for me to buy all the time. But they are delicious and really high in protein with only 240 calories. I wonder how many points they would be? I had the double chocolate. Saved my life over the weekend. I was at the beach for two days and the only vegan friendly food around was french fries, soda, and water ice!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:22 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I don't know, but I'm slowly losing, not even exercising. Right around 1300 cals/day. *fingers crossed*

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:40 pm 
Naked Under Apron

PMS cravings and I gave in to a Taco Bell bean burrito. So many points, but I'm in the states for just a short time and felt like indulging in fast food grossness. I definitely feel gross afterwards, but it satisfied my monthly salt/fat tooth.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:41 pm 

pickledtreats wrote:
PMS cravings and I gave in to a Taco Bell bean burrito. So many points, but I'm in the states for just a short time and felt like indulging in fast food grossness. I definitely feel gross afterwards, but it satisfied my monthly salt/fat tooth.

I want one every time I drive by. Giving in to one is totally okay!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

GraciaKai wrote:
I tried one of the new vega bars over the weekend. They are way to pricey for me to buy all the time. But they are delicious and really high in protein with only 240 calories. I wonder how many points they would be? I had the double chocolate. Saved my life over the weekend. I was at the beach for two days and the only vegan friendly food around was french fries, soda, and water ice!

I was like, water ice? Then saw where you're from. ;)

I wonder if that's the vega bar I got. I got a chocolate coconut flavor; I think it said recovery on it. I'm waiting until I have an extreme work out to recover from.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I had the vega one bar, yours might be part of the vega sport line. Either way I love their stuff. I would love it a lot more if it wasnt 50 bucks for a box of bars!

Ha! Water ice isnt everywhere!? I thought Ritas had brought it to a whole new level.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 pm 

GraciaKai wrote:
I had the vega one bar, yours might be part of the vega sport line. Either way I love their stuff. I would love it a lot more if it wasnt 50 bucks for a box of bars!

Ha! Water ice isnt everywhere!? I thought Ritas had brought it to a whole new level.

Water ice is everywhere, but outside of Philly/Jersey people call it Italian ice.

It does sound like I got one from the sport line! I will look out for the others if I go to a bigger grocery store. But yeah, vega is expensive! I stood looking it protein powders for like 5 whole minutes before I finally just got the Nutribiotic because I've had it and liked it and it was the second cheapest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The vega one bars are big and filling! I think they are almost worth the money, but I just can't justify spending it.

I'm from Jersey, it's Wooter Ice!

We had a mexican pot-luck at work today. Outside from eating two tacos, one stuffed pepper, rice, beans, gauc, chips, and a margarita I was doing pretty good this week. Down 8 pounds since I have started! Today was just a day to stuff your face though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:06 pm 
Married to the wolfman

ndpittman wrote:
Water ice is everywhere, but outside of Philly/Jersey people call it Italian ice.

This weirds me out so much. Of course it is called water ice! (I'm from the Philadelphia area.)

Though when you think about it, "water ice" is kinda... redundant. And also not a great description since it's usually, you know, filled with syrup. It should be called syrup ice.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Syrup ice makes me think snow cones!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:31 pm 
WRETCHED

I have no idea what water ice or Italian ice is, it isn't a snow cone?

Ok I looked this stuff up. Are you guys telling me that this Rita's place has non dairy frozen ice cream like things? They list even a chocolate flavor. Is that dairy free? We have one near us but I always assumed that all their stuff was dairy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Plain flavored water ice from Ritas is vegan. But they also have cream ice and other stuff that has dairy. If the chocolate flavor is just water ice it will be fine. The fruit flavors are the best!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm 

1891 cals today, I'm supposed to have 1200. but they were yummy cals :D

one of my problems is that i get migraines which can be triggered by hunger, so i really am pretty scared of being at all hungry.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:33 pm 

I was wondering a bit if hunger could trigger migraines. I thought chocolate was my trigger, but I realized it was more that I let myself get too hungry, then I'd have a cookie or something and get a headache.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:01 pm 

yeah it definitely can! for awhile i was carrying the clif builder bars with me and eating one before i got hungry, but not the best plan calorie wise, plus they aren't gluten free.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:54 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So I need to lose 35 lbs to get to the weight where I used to go "SHOOT, I need to lose weight!" This means that I'm at my heaviest weight ever, which is disappointing because I do exercise, but I guess just not enough and I guess I don't eat as well as I thought I did (I will never be able to do the Intuitive Eating thing--not for a while anyway). Basically I need to lose about 40 lbs to be at the weight I used to naturally get to in high school that I thought was fat. I'm fine with getting to just that weight. I've been naturally 60 lbs lighter than my current weight (I was very active because of my jobs--this was as an adult not even a teenager). This is why I know I'm unhealthy and it's not in my head (also I can't fit into clothes I bought last year or really any clothes in stores these days).

I started calorie counting and I've been surprised by how many calories are in some of the foods I eat. So that's a small victory to realize. I'm eating 1700 a day, which is 500 less than my TDEE (the amount of calories my body burns in a day--I started by using my RMR/BMR but that's pretty much starvation mode and is unhealthy for permanent weight loss), and it's a pain in the butt to track calories since most cookbooks don't give calorie counts and I can't only cook out of diet cookbooks because shortbus needs more food than that, so I just need to know the amount of cals in recipes so that I can plan ahead. Does this exist?

Another problem I'm running into is that the database I use overestimates calories, and that's bad, because if I eat fewer than the lowest end of the safe amount that I'm at now, I could enter starvation mode or easily gain back the calories later. This needs to be a life change, so I can't do that.

I'm also trying to exercise every day, which I've been wanting to do forever. I already walk to and from work, so I won't do extra exercise those days, but I don't exercise the days I don't work, and I'm realizing that's probably a big problem. I've decided that even a 3-4 mile walk is enough exercise. Again, I'm doing everything as simply as I can so that I can continue it later

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 pm 

Are you using a site or app to track bastah? I think spark people, live strong, and my fitness pal all have recipe builders. It's kind of a pain, but you can enter the recipe and portions and what not, and it'll give you the calories. I think there must also be online things that do this, because I've seen something that looks like the nutrition facts on blog recipes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ndpittman wrote:
Are you using a site or app to track bastah? I think spark people, live strong, and my fitness pal all have recipe builders. It's kind of a pain, but you can enter the recipe and portions and what not, and it'll give you the calories. I think there must also be online things that do this, because I've seen something that looks like the nutrition facts on blog recipes.

I do it online at http://nutritiondata.self.com/ which also has a recipe builder, but I find that with my oats, which I know are 125 cals for the serving size I'm using, it will add 100 cals to that amount. I understand why it does that since different brands aren't in the database. I'll try the others you mentioned.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I use sparkpeople and if I cant find the exact brand and info I want I just enter it in myself. You can add any food you want to the database with the exact info from the package and then save it in your favorites for later use. The website is free but the app cost 4 dollars.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:12 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm working out the macros for some fat loss meals for the coming month. It's not easy!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Y'know what? I don't reckon the packet info is always accurate. I had some finncrisp crackers that claim to be 20 cals a slice, but 360ish cals per 100g - when I worked out how many were in the pack the numbers didn't add up, unless they gave me 5 too few crackers (which I doubt as they fit the box pretty well). Assuming the higher number was correct they're actually nearly 25 cal a slice. Not a massive difference unless you're romping though them like I was! Also careless. I forgive them because I love the crunch.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Calorie counts are allowed to have a 20% margin of error either side, in terms of nutritional info on the package.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:49 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm kicking booty. Trying not to weigh but can't help myself. I'm down nearly 20 lbs in the last couple months. I am doing intuitive eating-ish things. I am also doing some exercise every day and wearing a pedometer to make sure I get a minimum amount of steps every day. Yesterday, I wore a pair of capris that were tight on me last month and now I think they are too loose. Food doesn't have the same appeal if I'm not restricting it although I did have a dream last night that I was eating multiple tofutti cuties. Then I woke up sad that I had no tofutti cuties but honestly, I don't really want any right now. Maybe next weekend if it is hot, I'll buy some.

Reply to topic  [ 3577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 144  Next