| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:23 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

gracia, great job!

baps, great job for you too! eating only one of something is hard.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:28 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Rock on baps! Nice control.

My mother in law sent me home with a barely eaten 9x13 vegan German Chocolate cake on Sunday. She's lucky it isn't gluten free otherwise I would have needed to throw it in the trash to keep myself from eating the whole damn thing. She made it for my husband's birthday dinner and no one ate any! How is that possible!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:38 am 
Ninja Master

haha thanks. Dunno how long it will last.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am 
Bathes in Braggs

i find it really confusing to count calories when eating out. some food im more ok with, like vegan sushi, but others throw me off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:05 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

So right now I have to drink my calories, because the thought of food makes me sick; after I eat, I feel like throwing up. I think it's because I started taking medication a couple days ago and this is a side effect. I remember that when I went off of the med in April, I starting eating like crazy, and I realized that the medication was keeping my appetite in check (I totally forgot about this and I wonder if it's why I gained weight). But right now, I just can't eat at all. This is affecting my energy level and everything else too (I'm having trouble thinking). I went to the store and bought juice, so I can at least drink that. And soy milk. And to add even more calories, I drank alcohol because it has calories and I'm desperate here. There's no way I can drink enough calories. I need food! This really sucks, especially because I know I need a certain amount of calories and I don't want to screw up my metabolism or what I had going for me, and I want to be able to eat again! I hope everything works itself out in the next month with the medication.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:21 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Bastah do you think you can stand a smoothie or is that too heavy to drink? Cause you can load up a smoothie and make it really caloric if you want to. Milk of any type (I like hemp because it has the most protein), hemp seeds, chia seeds, protein powder, frozen fruit, and some greens if you want. That's almost a 500 calorie drink right there. Had one for breakfast this morning! Nut butters and oatmeal will blend well together too mixed with some milk and frozen bananas its really tasty.

VeganinBerlin, if I eat out I just consider it a non-counting meal. Way too hard to figure it out unless the restaurant provides the info on their menu and sticks to controlled portions. Which is really rare! I just try to make smarter decisions when it comes to eating out. Don't eat it all, start with a salad (dressing on the side), and try to pick something that won't be cooked in a ton of oil or drenched in a sauce. Being gluten free helps too because I can't have veggie burgers or sandwiches, can't have pasta dishes, etc. So I'm these days I'm normally stuck with a huge salad no matter what!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:00 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

baps wrote:
My boss bought bourbons, she knows they're one of my favourite biscuit. Both of my workmates are shocked that I only ate one* and keep trying to get me to eat more. Saboteurs!!

*I am also shocked that I managed to only eat one!

You are a legend! Like seriously! You are my new idol!!! I had a mini meltdown this morning because I hadn't any in my bag for my tea break at work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:38 pm 

bastah :( protein powder in juice?

veganinberlin I usually just guess and round up a bunch to be on the safe side. like if I ate about a cup of rice at the Indian place, I put in a cup and a half. if I ate some kind of beans in a sauce, i put like 1 cup even if I ate 1/2 cup.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Tempeh helper with cheezy sauce!! So good, man I love AFR.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:51 pm 

i was totally going to have mac and trees tonight but i forgot and made waffles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thats a toss up in my book! Cant go wrong either way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:13 am 
Huffs Nooch

I love this thread. Everybody are so supportive, non-judgemental and kind. I love reading about all the little(and big) victories.
baps, it is such an accomplishment to be able to only have one of something! I had a piece of chocolate the other day, and I was SO proud that I only had the one piece instead of eating the whole bar, like I usually would.
I just started counting calories again and lost around 8 lbs. Before that I have lost weight a few times and gained a little of it back each time, but all in all I am still around 64 lbs lighter than I was when I started. I still need to shed another 80 lbs, and I hope that I will go all the way this time. I am counting calories and trying to get at least around a 100 grams of protein pr. day, but it is difficult when only eating 1300 cals pr. day. I love most of the food I eat, and I've found that I enjoy my food a lot more now, because I'm a lot more aware of what I eat. I eat seitan sausages almost everyday, and they're probably the only food I will never eat again, when I've reached my goal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:38 am 
Impressive boner

I started a new plan on Monday where I'm tracking protein, fat and calories but letting carbs fall wherever they fall. I've made a meal plan so I can make sure that my macronutrients are met. At present my meals consist of mostly non-starchy vegetables with a protein. Lunch today, for example, was mixed dal with soy/balsamic tofu, broccoli and carrots with a protein shake.

I'm having three meals a day, plus protein shakes, but it's a lot of food and I'm having trouble finishing everything.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm interested to hear if that helps your energy levels, 8ball! I've been so tired and hungry lately. And I can't tell which is the start, if that makes sense--am I tired because I don't have any energy from not eating enough of am I hungry because I'm tired and not getting restorative rest? Except that I'm definitely eating enough, like over 2000 calories a day. And my sleep as been OK-ish minus being woken up by the squirrel. So I'm trying to drink plenty of water and keep an eye on my macros, I even took an extra rest day this week. I don't know. I guess it could be stress?

I got within 0.5 lbs. of my original goal weight, but I've been so tired and hungry that I went back up. I'm not too concerned about it as one, it's an arbitrary number and two, I just want to have energy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

What time of day do you workout? Morning workouts tend to help with energy levels throughout the day. That might help if you aren't already doing that. If you are, maybe monitor your starchy carb intake?

Sometimes I hit a wall in the middle of the day and if I pop some raw almonds it normally picks me up. But I think my wall comes from sitting at the computer for too long while I'm working. Trying to talk my office into taking 10 minute fitness breaks with me. Like just doing some push-up or jumping jacks on the fly to get the blood flowing again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am 

If I run, I like to go first thing in the morning after a small snack and some coconut water. Classes or weights are usually after work unless I can get out during lunch time. Maybe I should start hitting the gym before work on weight days, too. It just kind of stresses me out thinking about all I'd have to bring with me for the day if I did that though. Probably if I do it a couple of times I'd get used to it though. Thanks for the idea, GraciaKai!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh I'm with you on that. I leave the house every morning with my bag of personal stuff, a backpack full of clothes and shoes, and a lunch bag. And I take public transit. It's a little stressful at first trying to remember everything. But once you get the hang of it you will be fine. I try to pick out my clothes the night before and pack them in my backpack. Under thingies, whatever I'm going to wear the next day, shoes for the outfit, a brush, deodorant, etc. That way it is done. I take a shower at home and then just throw on my workout gear and head out the door. When I get to my office I workout straight away and then after I am cooled down I change and freshen up. Workout done and out of the way before 8am!

Also, try upping your omega's or taking a DHA supplement. That has helped me 10 fold!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:57 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm so jealous of the guys in my office that can pop downstairs and use the treadmill at lunchtime. The haul of equipment I'd need to bring to make that happen! Ugh, I think not. That's great that you found a system GraciaKai - I imagine its kind of motivating too? Like you have all your stuff ready to go, so hell, might as well workout.

I don't have great advice on the energy thing though, ndpittman. It seems there are so many factors that can zap your mojo. If it were me, I might eat a little bit more carbs and take an extra rest day or 2 and see how that feels. Maybe swap a run or class for yoga, if its stress?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:12 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have to be very scheduled and stick to my routine when it comes to working out, otherwise I just won't do it. I used to force myself to workout when I got home from work and it was a literal battle. The thing that changed for me was that we got rid of our second car. So I was then forced to wake up at 5am with my husband and have him drop me at the train before he goes to work. He has to be at work by 6:30. Pretty much I was like if I'm gonna be up that early anyway I better make good use of the time. And putting the workout gear on first thing in the morning is the key too. I like not having to think about clothing in the morning. So much easier and so much less to worry about! I used to spend so much time flinging clothes around my bedroom each morning trying to find something to wear. Now I don't even care. I just pick something the night before and then I'm done. It's working for me. And, honestly I'm thrilled that it's working. I am not a morning person at all so this is bizarre for me but I'm loving it and I just feel so much better overall. Before I was sleeping until the very last second and dragging myself out of bed. Getting to work late and then having to work late and then getting home late. I was miserable and even though I knew I was miserable I still wasn't willing to change on my own. Getting rid of that car to save money was the best idea ever!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:34 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm so so close to having lost a stone! I know they're only numbers, but I really want to just lose that magical last pound.

I will have 6 more to lose after that and I will be at my target! (which I then have to maintain until at least 1st December in order to not lose a bet. But it should be doable!).

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

A stone...12 pounds right? CONGRATS!! Keep going ;o)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 am 
And you never will.

GraciaKai wrote:
A stone...12 pounds right? CONGRATS!! Keep going ;o)

14 pounds!

Congratulations, dropscone!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:02 am 

That's awesome, dropscone! I hope you are winning something good with your bet!

Ironically I felt incredibly energized after my training session yesterday. Apparently I just needed to lift heavy things? I'm re-working my exercise routine, and I'm definitely going to add in some yoga to be kind to my body and for stress relief. Here's my thing though; I've seen that people say it's OK to do yoga on 'rest days,' but yoga doesn't feel like a rest to me! But it doesn't really feel like a workout either. I mean, it does, but I don't know. Days that I do yoga I still feel like I should run or something.

What do you all think?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:16 am 
Huffs Nooch

ndpittman wrote:
That's awesome, dropscone! I hope you are winning something good with your bet!

Ironically I felt incredibly energized after my training session yesterday. Apparently I just needed to lift heavy things? I'm re-working my exercise routine, and I'm definitely going to add in some yoga to be kind to my body and for stress relief. Here's my thing though; I've seen that people say it's OK to do yoga on 'rest days,' but yoga doesn't feel like a rest to me! But it doesn't really feel like a workout either. I mean, it does, but I don't know. Days that I do yoga I still feel like I should run or something.

What do you all think?

What sort of yoga do you do? I do hatha and flow and ashtanga, though I can't really tell the difference between the last two. I work up a proper sweat with all three kinds, especially flow/ashtanga, but I don't get sore afterwards, so I'd feel ok doing it on rest days, I think. As long as you listen to your body you should be ok.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:19 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It depends on the type of yoga. Some is intense and hard and I sweat more then when i do hard workouts and feel way sore afterwards from it in places that lifting weights doesn't make me hurt. But some is relaxing and zen. If it's hot yoga then you def don't need to do anything else. If it's more meditation based then sure you can run if you want to. But I don't think you really need to!

Yay for feeling more energized today!

My hip flexors hurt pretty bad after that short run/walk I did on Tuesday. So yesterday I did upper body strength and today I did lower body strength which included abs. I hate ab workouts!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 145  Next