| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 146  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:20 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

aelle wrote:
My numbers have not moved one pound, but the process of eating low fat to hunger and increasing exercise seems to be paying off for me. It looks like the fat has been melting off my stomach and turning into muscle on my butt and thighs. Two random people commented on my "weight" loss yesterday. I can see the very beginnings of definition on my stomach.

I've been doing P90X again and the same for me - the scale is the same but my stomach is smaller and my arms are more muscular and my thighs are getting solid (my thighs transform pretty easily). I sent a pic to my hubs and he asked how much weight i'd lost and I told him the truth - none! as long as I can fit into more of my clothes, I'm good.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 am 

Hey there's a thread on MFP from people who track their weights every single day to show the fluctuation - very cool! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show ... r-180-days

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:48 am 
Ninja Master

Weighing every day would make me CRAZY!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:48 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I weigh pretty much every day. I find it interesting to see the fluctuation, and try and work out what's due to salty foods or lots of lettuce or whatever. I only really worry if I haven't lost anything in like a two-week period though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I think the problem with weighing in once a week is there can be so much variation. Even the weather can affect how much you weigh if you're sweating more etc. And I try to drink several cups of water a day but sometimes more, sometimes less, and I'm sure I must weigh more if I've drank a whole lot more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 pm 
***LIES!!!***

When I lost weight on my own I always weighed in daily and then did running averages(a la The Hacker's Diet)/best fit lines to show the direction of my weight loss. That worked much better for me than weighing weekly because I'm gonna weigh myself everyday anyway out of obsession, so I may as well make it meaningful. I think for women especially weighing in once a week might be a recipe for huge disappointment - my weight goes up and down a few pounds around my period and that might make me believe I've lost no weight one week and twice as much as I really did the next week even if I wasn't doing anything differently.

Now that I see a dietician once a week I'm weighing in with her and letting her keep track, which is a nice mental break for me, although I still compulsively weigh myself every day (morning and night!).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:42 pm 

baps wrote:
Weighing every day would make me CRAZY!

Well and this is all that matters - to know what you can and can't take. Regardless, this is good because even if you're doing once a week and you see it go up, you can know it'll trend down eventually.

So generally my stomach is flatter and I lost an inch or two off my waist (i'm measuring at the thinnest part and at the bellybutton) but I haven't lost pounds and today my biggest shorts (that aren't gym shorts) were snug. So unmotivating.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Officially down 15 pounds! Finally starting to see movement on the scale and noticing changes in my body. So Im feeling pumped right now. Going into Labor day weekend and trying to stay on track. I need to workout tomorrow! Only managed to fit in two 30 min circuit training sessions this week. But its better than nothing.

Keep it strong peole!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

dropscone wrote:
I weigh pretty much every day. I find it interesting to see the fluctuation, and try and work out what's due to salty foods or lots of lettuce or whatever. I only really worry if I haven't lost anything in like a two-week period though.

curious what effect you see with a lot of lettuce?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Well, it's apparently a diuretic, as are some other salady things, so it would make sense to lose more weight after a day eating a lot of salad (though I do generally add a fork ton of olives, which probably cancels out the effect a bit!).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:34 am 

GraciaKai wrote:
Officially down 15 pounds! Finally starting to see movement on the scale and noticing changes in my body. So Im feeling pumped right now. Going into Labor day weekend and trying to stay on track. I need to workout tomorrow! Only managed to fit in two 30 min circuit training sessions this week. But its better than nothing.

Keep it strong peole!

whoa great job! are you on MFP so I can stalk you? :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks! No, SparkPeople. I should start posting my stuff to facebook so you can stalk me there and keep me motivated!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:42 pm 
Chip Strong

Okay. Nope. Can't do this Sparkpeople thing. I'm following to the letter, eating the proportions of vegetables and fruit and unrefined carbohydrates. fat and protein they suggest, eating at the top end of the range suggested and I am forking hungry! So this is definitely not for me. Eating more veg and fruit and protein has been cool, but I need to do that in addition to what I was eating not instead of what I was eating.

I think what I was doing before was fine, I just needed to stop expecting weight loss to happen quickly. I was fine just focussing on getting healthy and not worrying about a number on the scale until my husband mentioned his workplace Christmas party. My husband is proud of me regardless of my size. But I became obsessed with looking as thin as possible in time for that damn party. Years of "women must be decorative" conditioning I guess......

*sigh. I still want to get stronger and healthier, but restricting calories does not work for me. I was dizzy and sick, and stunningly crabby and I felt better as soon as I demolished a chocolate bar. Clearly spark had me under eating. I think my current weight is an unhealthy one for me, but I need to accept a must slower weight loss.

I did weigh myself this morning, I did lose 2 lbs this past week, but it was a hollow victory because I've been feeling like shiitake the past few days.

love and hugs everyone. xx

I'm still going to be on this thread, but not on spark - it's just not a good thing for me. But it is clearly awesome for a lot of people, but not for me as it happens. Oh well, trial and error I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:59 pm 

jean, i totally get that! my hubs is in the army and sometimes they have balls (aka prom for grown ups) and every time he mentions we might go to one i instantly think "oh shiitake!"

have you tried any of the tdee calculators? also, were you working out and did you then eat the calories you burned working out?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:12 pm 
Chip Strong

Yes, I was eating the calories burned while working out, but according to spark's very basic tdee. I have looked at many TDEE calculators online, including all linked in this thread, so I think both my BMR and TDEE are higher than what spark's calculators say. The problem is all the TDEE calculators give conflicting information and it gets confusing. I think it's better for me to avoid calorie counting in general and just focus on making healthier choices food- wise and keep working out and that be the end of it.

Thanks for understanding about the Christmas party thing - it's crazy what we women put ourselves through isn't it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:25 pm 

It really is confusing! I spent a few weeks processing, and basically I came up with making it up. Generally most of my TDEEs say 2000ish, so I was doing 1800ish for a few weeks, and now I'm trying to drop it a little lower because I feel like I was indulging all my food whims and wants. So 1600ish, when everything tells me to eat 1200.

And I totally get it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh people, I haven't worked out in over a week. I've either been exhausted in the mornings or busy with work and it just hasn't happened. I'm sadfaced right now but I just keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better. Whether it really will be or not I have no clue. But this morning was def not better! Yesterday I had loads of energy but had to drop my cat at the vet before work which meant I had to drive my husband to his work, then go back home to get dressed and prepped for work, put chili in the crockpot, gathered up the kitty, and then waited at the vet for 30 minutes. By the time I got to work I was 20 minutes late and I had been up and running since 5am!

Le sigh...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I have completely fallen off the bandwagon, and though I had been holding steady at 121 for a while, a recent weigh in freaked me out and I am back at it. The scale said 124 and, granted, this week I should get my period so that could well be part of it. But I have been feeling thicker around the middle for a while.

Now that things have settled a bit I can hopefully put some focus on tracking again. And maybe yoga. Because I was feeling quite good and I want to get back there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

We've been so busy and I've been eating a bunch of sodium and we went out to eat yesterday and I ate like a day's worth of calories this morning, but I won't beat myself up too badly, because I weighed myself today and I have lost at least 5 lbs since I started trying to lose weight! It took a month to get anything to come off, but now it's finally coming off!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yay, bastah!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Hi! I'm joining you guys because I'm the heaviest I've ever been right now, none of my clothes fit and I don't feel good. I just started doing weight watchers because I need a motivation system, and points are something I can handle. I'm pretty impressed with all the items already in their database and how easy it is to track.
I started today, but I decided to fill in what I ate yesterday just to give myself a baseline of how I was eating before. Turns out I was eating about 10 ww points more than my allowance and most of it was just mindless snacking. Today, I'm a little hungry, but I think if I buy more vegetables to snack on, I'll be ok.
I'm at 170 pounds right now. I really want to lose 20 pounds, but that's not a realistic goal for me right now. If I can lost 10 pounds, I'll be able to fit into my old clothes and feel a lot better about myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good luck IJDI! Welcome!

Im feeling pretty good even though my workout frequency have dropped off a little. But Im getting back into it. The weater has me amped!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm in complete "I don't give a rat's asparagus" mode. Too much going on, too tired. I've not worked out in over a week, and my eating - well, let's just say I'm enjoying my food - without remorse. I'll get back into working out soon, I'm not sure I'll fuss too much about my food for some time, but *shrugs* not worried about it right now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:39 am 
Ninja Master

One of the many reasons I hate going away for work is that I never workout because of doing really long days (although I do spend a lot of my day walking, just slowly) and I eat like crepe because it's hard to find vegan food. So I had a couple of crappy weeks and now I'm very glad to be back into my gym routine. I didn't get up yesterday and I felt crepe at work. I feel so much better when I've ran or swam before work.

So this morning when I was having a wibble about getting up at 6 and thinking, oh I could just go after work (when I know I won't) I forced myself to get up and go to the gym. I'm so glad I did.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good job baps!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 146  Next