| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:16 am 
Huffs Nooch

Sooo, I stopped counting calories, and in five weeks I gained TEN POUNDS! Now counting again and lost 6 pounds.
I really, really need to work on the way I think about food and all the anxiety related to restriction.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:22 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Shamini wow! That's kind of what happened to me for awhile.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:41 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Shamini wrote:
Sooo, I stopped counting calories, and in five weeks I gained TEN POUNDS! Now counting again and lost 6 pounds.
I really, really need to work on the way I think about food and all the anxiety related to restriction.

This is exactly what I hate about the "eat what your body wants. listen to your body. the only thing you need to do is eat mindfully. eat 1500 more calories than you do now" crepe. Whenever I stop paying attention, I gain weight, not just to "where your body should be," but uncomfortably so. I'm working my way out of a few months of trying the Go Kaleo approach, which left me much heavier, despite greatly increased strength training, and cardio. I was really hoping for a way out of tracking and constant watching, but alas.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:59 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really need to go hard this week with working out. The past month has really gotten away from me. But I just ate pancakes and now I feel like Im gonna die!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 pm 
And you never will.

I have no idea when the last time I rode my bike was, and I've been SO sedentary lately, but today was beautiful so I decided to just do it. I went over 10 miles! Okay, so I went pretty slowly, and half of it was pretty flat, but the other half was hilly! I'm tired, but I feel good about it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Good job PB! You got up and did it and thats what counts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:45 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

yeah that's a lot! good job!

i was going to skip my workout 2 days in a row (i'm doing p90x so it's 7 days/week) but today on day 2 i did my workout anyway.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post subject: A vegan weight watcher
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 pm 
Tofu Pup

Just joined this forum. I have been a vegetarian for the last 10 years. Vegan for 3. I lost 35 lbs on weight watchers as a vegetarian, but the food was not very healthy. I have gained some weight back, and would like to try again. Is anybody out there a vegan weight watcher, and if so, do you have points plus values for any of post punk kitchen recipes?

Post subject: Re: A vegan weight watcher
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Hi, and welcome to the PPK. There's a weight loss thread in the Spa forum that you might like to join.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7591

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:40 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Welcome, Jojodiddy! There are definitely people here who have used Weight Watchers. I haven't, so I'll just say welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Is anyone else having issues getting up lately since it's still dark in the early am hours? I am supposed to wake up at 5am to start getting ready. But these days I keep turning my alarm off and falling back to sleep until the coffee maker wakes me up at 5:35. Which is beyond annoying because then I don't have enough time to take a shower and properly get ready. So boring story even more boring I failed to workout this morning because I didn't get up on time. It is still pitch black when my alarm goes off and it is throwing me for a loop!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Week 1 of weight watchers went well for me. I only went over my points on the weekend when we went to visit friends, which I expected, but even so I didn't go over my allotted poitn for the week. I think it's going to work well for me to just be really mindful of the food I eat during the week and then i can splurge a bit on the weekends or if I know i have a weeknight activity planned.

GK, I definitely can't get up that early to work out. I have to figure out a good workout routine because I leave for work at 7 and get up at 6, and I know there's no way I could do it any earlier.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I don't actually workout until I get to my office. So it's not really a sleepy thing because I'm well awake by that point most days. By the time I actually workout I've already been awake for two hours. But basically I overslept and didn't have time for a shower and I didn't want to workout dirty and then not be able to take a shower until later tonight because I didn't want to be dirty and then sweat covered on top of it. I should have just sucked it up and felt dirty all day.

I just really hate it when I oversleep and it's getting harder and harder to get out of bed these days!

And I'm kind of doing that being very strict during the week so I can eat a little more on the weekends too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:04 pm 
***LIES!!!***

This week I took a couple of good long, although slow, walks. I also spent a little time dancing tonight - probably not enough to count as exercise, but enough to get me all kinds of sweaty. The scale this morning was at 201.5, which means I am down about 18 pounds, and approaching the 100s is making me super excited/anxious. I cannot wait to buy my fitbit reward! People are starting to notice a lot. I actually wore a tucked in shirt and a belt to work today, like a normal professional person. Also, Saturday will be the last day of a very long string of working every day and having my schedule all over the place - being at work as early as 7:30am and as late as 11pm sometimes, craziness, so I hope I can start exercising on a more regular basis after this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:58 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Way to go Ariann! Rock it out, that is awesome. When I get in the 100's I might just cry.

The past month has been pretty rough and busy. I hear you on the work thing. But I managed to workout twice this week even though I was sick and missed a day of work. Didn't eat that great though. So I'll be lucky if I just stay put and don't gain anything. Here's to hoping October is way better than September was. I am down 1 size and about 20 pounds since starting again earlier this year. Went shopping over the weekend with my friends and bought some new pants for the fall/winter season. It still amazes me how different each stores clothes are. At Torrid I could only fit into a size 22. But at the Avenue I'm in a size 18. The previous pair of jeans I had from the Avenue were a 20. So that's what I'm basing my loss on.

I really want to start taking pictures of myself as I go but I keep forgetting to do it. It's hard for me to see the progress in myself on a daily basis. But when I see myself in photos it's an eye opening experience. Have to remember to do that! Anyone want to play the photo progression game with me?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:09 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

GraciaKai I'm taking regular photos just because I'm photo-documenting quite a few things, but actually am not noticing a huge difference yet. Other people seem to, though. It's a bit distressing that other people obviously thought I was a lard-arse from their comments. I keep telling people the main reason I'm doing this is to see if the pain in my hip eases and that so far it hasn't but they insist on congratulating me anyway. I hate how appearance-obsessed most people seem to be. How I feel matters to me a lot more than how I look.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:22 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I agree with you, but I'm all in for looking better at the same time as feeling better. In a perfect world weight loss would take my joint and back pain away so I can go back to eating gluten. But right now the only thing keeping my pain away is to be gluten free. Really hoping I don't have to be GF forever! But if I lose 100 pounds and still have to be GF so be it. I'm not gonna argue as long as something helps keep me pain free. My knees are feeling better already though. Within the past year or so I could feel them suffering from being overweight. So I am happy about that!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:45 am 
***LIES!!!***

To me it is a whole package. A million health things would be better if I lost weight - the occasional joint pain, my cholesterol which has gotten high in the past couple of years, my energy level, my sleeping probably, my ability to do fun physical things with my family, my risk of complications in pregnancy and birth, and probably my hypoglycemia, too. But I still want to look good, and want to bring back together my mental image of myself with what I actually look like - I don't even recognize myself in pictures at this point. Also, I really like clothes, and the choices in my size are just awful, so I feel awful wearing them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:50 am 
WRETCHED

I think I'm about ready to give up. I'm doing my exercises every day because exercise makes me feel good but I haven't made progress in a year. I can still say I'm 80 lbs down from my highest weight so there is that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:28 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Don't give up linanil! Do you still have a goal you are trying to reach? Or is there a certain exercise you want to be able to do better? I have a friend who is on a weight loss mission as well. But she measures her progress very differently than I do. For her it's all about getting stronger and progressing with her workouts as for me I'm all about the numbers and weight loss itself. It kind of just what drives you. Like she wants to be able to do pull-ups properly and more than just one. I have no desire to be able to do a pull-up ever, I just want to look and feel better and not be morbidly obese by medical standards.

Exercising every day is a big deal! I don't think I've ever been able to accomplish that level of commitment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:54 pm 
WRETCHED

My ideal goal would to be out of plus sizes again but it seems so impossible. But there are a lot of things mixed up in that as well like I was able to do some running at that size including regular hiking and kayaking. I just don't know how to get back there again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 pm 
***LIES!!!***

The dietician's scale said exactly 20 pounds down this morning. 198.8 people!!! Decided to buy a Jawbone UP instead of a Fitbit on the advice of my sister and all of her friends.

Now I have to set a reward for the next 20 pounds!

I am 40 away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I bought myself a couple new work dresses and these are the first dresses that have fit since my pregnancy - I am the same size on top and bottom for the first time in over two years, people. 18. My closet is full of size 12s I loved and miss, can't wait for that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 pm 
Semen Strong

Hurrah Ariann! Nice work!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:06 am 
Huffs Nooch

Yay Ariann! So impressive! I can't wait until I'll be in the 100s.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:01 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Well done Ariann!

I've been comfort eating a lot the past few months so I need to get back into the healthy eating mode. Not sure what I have put on but I will weigh myself tomorrow. I've been eating far too much sugar so going to start off by eating more fruit to stem the sugar cravings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 145  Next