| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 146  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

VeganinBerlin wrote:

You mean sweetened soy yoghurt? I don't know, it never feels like a dessert to me and still has the sugar and the calories of a pudding. But I am thinking of just planning in a 100 cal dessert in to my days.

Yes sweetened soy (or whatever you like almond, coconut…) yoghurt, I like the ones with fruits (such as Sojade). I find them very tasty, it has enough sugar to fulfill my "dessert" need and I can't really over eat on them because it comes in individual package… Well at least it does the trick for me.
I know if I'm going to eat a "real" dessert I'll definitely want another piece or 2..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:15 am 
WRETCHED

Despite my husband's advice, I've been eating around 1200 calories/day the last few days which I think is too low for me because today I'm starving. I have been doing some exercise every day as well. I feel good today but just wish I wasn't so hungry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:12 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I've been eating a bit of chocolate as a dessert and it works. But I've been overeating at the meals. I still need to finish everything on my plate and it's difficult to get over that.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm 
WRETCHED

Right now I'm strict calorie counting including weighing and measuring my food and if it is on my plate, I'm eating it :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:15 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Well, yes, but I think I still should stop eating when I'm full either way. Maybe I could eat the rest of the meal at the next meal instead.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:39 pm 
Inflexitarian

Back on steroid for the arthritis = weight is back up

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:24 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I am holding steady, but kind of fell off my proper diet wagon and have been advised to get back to strict carb counting, so I expect the number to start moving again. I have been wearing my jawbone up bracelet every day. Most days I get about 5000 steps in, so I have to figure out how to work more walking into my day. On work days it is sometimes lower, on non work days it often tops 10000, but not always. The other day I did six loads of laundry and just the walking back and forth to the laundry room put me over the 10k mark!

This: http://www.jewelryforacause.net/white-hamsa-necklace. And a personal training session are going to be my rewards for reaching the next 20 pounds.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have no idea where I am because I still haven't replaced the battery in my scales. I've definitely improved on the quality of my meals and not relying on takeaway too often. I'm still finding it hard to resist sugary things thanks to medication so that is the big problem. Because it is such an issue my GP thinks it is best that I gradually reduce that tablet so I should be off of it after Christmas. I'm currently down to a sub-therapeutic dose but the sugar cravings are still as bad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:20 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm calorie counting and am planning what to eat for the week. I'm trying to consume a certain amount of protein each day but won't be upset if I don't.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:34 pm 
Semen Strong

I am back on SparkPeople, and was doing great until my husband went out of town. And then I hit the comfort carbs hard. But he is back tomorrow, and I just want to go back to losing weight like I was earlier this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:26 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So, I was on target for the 20lb weigh in (Sunday 1st December) with plenty of time to spare, and still being fairly careful, I thought. Suddenly the scale told me I put on three pounds the day before yesterday and hasn't gone back down! I hope it's just temporary water retention otherwise i'm going to have to pay the forfeit, which I do not want to do!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Today is weigh in day. I've lost 22lb since the start of the challenge on 9th June and my BMI (for what that's worth) is now 24, so "normal". Phew!

Going to have a month of not worrying too much about it, then another 8lb to go by next June with the same rules (have to donate £100 if not at or below weight target by the deadline) so that we are encouraged to stick to more sensible eating.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:42 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

dropscone wrote:
Today is weigh in day. I've lost 22lb since the start of the challenge on 9th June and my BMI (for what that's worth) is now 24, so "normal". Phew!

Going to have a month of not worrying too much about it, then another 8lb to go by next June with the same rules (have to donate £100 if not at or below weight target by the deadline) so that we are encouraged to stick to more sensible eating.

So you made it? I've found that a 3 lbs. difference can be a combination of water retention and needing to poo, so I try not to let it bother me. I really didn't want you to have to donate money to a charity that you didn't agree with though. (I believe that was the rule or something?)

Tofulish, comfort carbs has been my middle name. Maybe I should change me username to nccpittman. Starting today though, I'm going to refocus on exercising and getting proper fuel to do the work I want to do. Plus, it may be totally in my mind, but I feel like the refined sugar is making my eczema worse! (Although blistering hot showers and dry air probably aren't helping.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I went a bit wild on sugary foods all week so I think any of the good work I have done over the past few weeks has been all undone. Still without a battery for the scales so no idea what I am weighing in at but my clothes are just as tight on me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:39 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I want to lose 5 pounds this months, I try not to make a crazy goal at the moment (it being christmas season and all). I'm trying to eat 1800 calories a day and eat healthily but no food is off-limits..

ashley wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Congratulations on meeting your goal dropscone! That's wonderful!

I'm still trending downward, ever so slowly. Hoping to hit my long term goal weight at or before my 30th birthday-- all I have to do is keep at the rate I'm going now and I'll get there no problem.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:

So you made it? I've found that a 3 lbs. difference can be a combination of water retention and needing to poo, so I try not to let it bother me. I really didn't want you to have to donate money to a charity that you didn't agree with though. (I believe that was the rule or something?)

Yes, I made it, thank goodness. I would have been donating to a charity that does animal research and my boyfriend to the Westboro Baptist Church (it was the most motivating place he could think of for not wanting to donate to!), but we both ended up 2lb beyond the goal 20lb today. I think the blip was due to taking codeine, which is constipating, so I stopped on Monday and just put up with extra pain for a few days.

Thanks for the congrats, coldandsleepy, glad to hear you're doing well too!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm 
WRETCHED

I don't know what is wrong with me but I'm struggling with exercise lately. Food, surprisingly, isn't bad but my scale is being stubborn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

dropscone wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

Yes, I made it, thank goodness. I would have been donating to a charity that does animal research and my boyfriend to the Westboro Baptist Church (it was the most motivating place he could think of for not wanting to donate to!), but we both ended up 2lb beyond the goal 20lb today. I think the blip was due to taking codeine, which is constipating, so I stopped on Monday and just put up with extra pain for a few days.

Thanks for the congrats, coldandsleepy, glad to hear you're doing well too!

Originally, reading this I didn't think it was a huge deal, but a few people have been concerned about it, so I want to say something. dropscone, i just want to make sure you know that it doesn't sound very healthy to stop taking meds to win a weightloss contest. i know everyone does things that maybe aren't the best for them and we know our bodies and what works for us and what doesn't, but in this thread everyone really needs to think about how what they say might be interpreted. there are a lot of people on these boards that have or are recovering from having eating disorders and we want to discourage any sort of unhealthy weight loss talk. i'm not sure of your true intentions here, but just be mindful of what you say in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:46 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

linanil wrote:
I don't know what is wrong with me but I'm struggling with exercise lately. Food, surprisingly, isn't bad but my scale is being stubborn.

Do you think it could be the time of year? I've lost all motivation, and I'm definitely blaming winter. I'm going to try to start putting in at least 30 mins during lunch to start. The gym is in the basement of the building of my office, so I've got almost no excuse not to do at least that much. Man, I would be happy to just hibernate though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ijustdiedinside wrote:

Originally, reading this I didn't think it was a huge deal, but a few people have been concerned about it, so I want to say something. dropscone, i just want to make sure you know that it doesn't sound very healthy to stop taking meds to win a weightloss contest. i know everyone does things that maybe aren't the best for them and we know our bodies and what works for us and what doesn't, but in this thread everyone really needs to think about how what they say might be interpreted. there are a lot of people on these boards that have or are recovering from having eating disorders and we want to discourage any sort of unhealthy weight loss talk. i'm not sure of your true intentions here, but just be mindful of what you say in this thread.

Oh dear. I have a deformed painful hip. It's always painful, whether I take painkillers or not. I try not to take them, but the pain gets worse in the cold. I didn't stop taking prescription meds just to lose weight and I'm sorry I worded it poorly and if people have interpreted it as advice to stop taking prescriotion drugs in order to lose weight. That's the last thing I'd recommend anyone to do, because being ill or in pain don't make it easy when you're struggling with your weight. Gah! I could write a whole screed but I'd be late to work, so I'll just reiterate that I'm sorry and hope I've put the record straight?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:30 pm 

Thanks for the explanation! No worries!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:11 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I would add that while it's important that people are cognizant of what they post here, it's also important to remember that just because we don't agree with someone's diet or weight loss plan doesn't mean that they are Wrong or Eating Disordered or whatever. Yes, those are things that unfortunately have been problems in the past, and we are very careful about stuff like that, but the respect and thoughtfulness has to go all ways, so please just remember that weight loss is hard and very fraught emotionally and politically, and we can all have a healthy and respectful dialogue. Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 pm 

Yeah. Big plus one to what Jordan said. Thanks, JoPa.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:59 pm 

A while ago I got rid of all my clothes that were too small because I was just sick of them being around. Now, I've lost 12 pounds and most of my clothes are too big. I don't want to buy new stuff yet because I still want to lose 8 more pounds. It's a weird spot to be in.
I think my biggest achievement is that no one has asked me if I'm pregnant or tried to offer me a seat on the subway since september. Sadly, that was probably one of my main motivators for trying to lose weight in the first place. One day, a few people tried to give me a seat on the subway and then as I was walking home I caught a glimpse of my profile in a window and I was like shiitake, I do look pregnant. That plus all my clothes being uncomfortable made me sign up for weight watchers. I do have a few things that I saved that were too small including 2 dresses that i'd never worn because they never fit me right. I just tried them on and they fit me!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 146  Next