| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:47 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

This Jillian Michaels routine is totally killing me, but in a good way. I honestly never thought I'd be able to push myself this hard. Even though the video is only 30 minutes, it never stops and I can actually flex my arms and see a bump, which has never happened before. heh. I can totally feel more muscles happening and i'm only in the second week. It's pretty cool. I've also been exercising even when i really really don't want to, which is another thing that I've never been able to do before.

I've almost lost 20 pounds now since september. the weight loss has definitely slowed down as I'm approaching what should be a good healthy weight for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:12 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Even though the video is only 30 minutes, it never stops and I can actually flex my arms and see a bump, which has never happened before. heh. I can totally feel more muscles happening and i'm only in the second week. It's pretty cool.

Isn't it awesome!? I've had a little bit of a bicep for the past year or so, but I started doing a 21-day power yoga challenge to and can see a lot more definition in my arms. It's badass!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

That's great ijdi!

It's hitting me how out of shape I have gotten in the last few weeks with my back giving me so much trouble. I was really tired after my walk today and found it difficult to finish. I still managed to average out at a kilometre per 10mins 6 seconds and done 5km in total but I was surprised at how weak my legs felt at the end of it. Hopefully with the pain meds the doctor gave me will get the pain back in control and I build up my strength again.

Still rolling with MFP. Actually shocked that I have managed to stay tracking more than 2 days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:45 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Thanks JP for your advice. I think I thought I needed to lose weight to get rid of the fat to reveal the muscles underneath.
I like the sound of your meals, and it's made me realise that mine are lacking in protein somewhat so I think I will up my protein to match my exercising. I think I will definitely go by how I feel and make sure I don't burn out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 am 
Nailed to the V

Grrr, I've been strictly tracking MFP for almost a month, walking 30ish miles a week, following some workout routines etc...and I've not dropped a single pound. I feel like it's such a waste of time to try so hard and get no result :/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:53 am 
WRETCHED

vixki - with so much walking, have you tried taking your measurements?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:22 am 
Nailed to the V

Yeah, my waist has gone down a teeny bit...and my bum has got bigger (dammit!) So I guess that could be it. My scale has a body fat and muscle mass % indicator which hasnt changed, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

I just seem to have squeezed the weight from my waist to my bum, maybe I should stop doing squats...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

No never stop the squats!
Squats are awesome, after a while of doing them I spring up the stairs like a cricket.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:55 am 
Nailed to the V

Yeah I like doing squats and I appreciate the muscle definition in my butt/legs, but I now have a 12 inch difference between my hips and waist which is making clothes rather hard to fit nicely into. Booooo. Seriously my body is like three different clothes sizes all at once.

I live in a bungalow (so no stairs!) which was one of the reasons I started doing squats etc. I used to run up and down the stairs every time I used them but obviously can't now, so I was missing out quite a big exercise chunk.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:49 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Keep going vixki, it will be worth it after a while. Some people just take a while to get going. It usually takes me a while before I start seeing results which is why I usually end up just giving up.

I'm struggling a bit today. I ate within my calorie limit and I'm not hungry but I just don't feel satisfied. I'm hoping it is the lack of water I had today. I forgot to buy a bottle of water in the shop on the way to work and the water in work is just nasty.

Also, I'm finding I'm struggling to get enough fat in my diet. MFP is showing I am way under in my fat intake. Going to add some avocado to my lunch tomorrow to see if it will help a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:58 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Nuts! Nuts will help with the good fat and make you live longer!

I've not shifted any weight this month, and I need to lose another ten pounds (or twelve, on last weigh in) before 10 June, which will get me to 22 on the BBC BMI scale. On a positive note though, my skin looks the clearest it has done for years! I've been eating mainly onions, nuts, seeds, pumpkin, oats, chickpeas, lentils and cabbage with mostly Indian inspired spices, and I'm doing a dry January challenge. Whatever has caused it, I'm happy!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm trying with the nuts I swear! I actually snacked on almonds one of the days last week and it was good. I'm going to rejig my meal plans for the week so I can fit in more snacks so I can get more fruit and nuts in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:31 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Checked in again and I'm at 10 lb lost now. I'm feeling good about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:00 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well done!

I got on the wii fit today to see how I am going. Looks like I had put in the wrong weight the other day so I was a half kilo than I thought. Don't know how I made that mistake!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm about 10 days into MFP and I'm 1 week off the tablet that was causing my uncontrollable appetite plus lowering of my metabolism. I weighed myself this morning and I am now down a full 2kg. I'd say a rather large bulk of it has been water because I peed like crazy for the past week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Vixki, I just read your post about the body fat number on the scale. My husband, who works on that technology, said they're very inaccurate.

Mfp says I eat too many carbs and too few fats. I can't help it...it's just how I naturally eat! All the carbs come from whole grains and fruit and stuff. I'm not sure if I should make an effort to get closer to the recommended amounts or keep on the way I am since I feel good.

Last edited by couroupita on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have the same problem! As it is I am eating less carbs than I usually eat but fat wise I'm about the same.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:53 pm 
Nailed to the V

couroupita wrote:
Vixki, I just read your post about the body fat number on the scale. My husband, who works on that technology, said they're very inaccurate.

Mfp says I eat too many carbs and too few fats. I can't help it...it's just how I naturally eat! All the carbs come from whole grains and fruit and stuff. I'm not sure if I should make an effort to get closer to the recommended amounts or keep on the way I am since I feel good.

Yeah that's what I thought. I should get calipers or something. Besides I think my body fat would be disproportionate because of my blobs!

MFP is strange with carbs - especially sugar. I eat lots of fruit which makes me way over on sugar every day. I tend to take their macros with a pinch of salt -its good to have a measurement of what im eating but "going in the red" is not something necessarily bad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:36 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So we don't have a scale at home and I have no plans on buying one but, I think i'm doing pretty good. Brian and I have been going to the gym two times a week for a couple of weeks, and i've figured out the elliptical levels and my playlist so in 30 minutes, I can get a pretty good work out. Any more than that and my toes go numb, I read that's a common problem and you can wiggle your toes and stuff, but that distracts me. Then I just walk around the track a few times until Brian is done, he changes there so it takes him longer.

I started juicing in the mornings and i've been doing that for about a week - it's not a cleanse or detox, so I don't know what to call it. I make it in the blender so it's basically as much juice as my blender can hold, and then I squeeze it through a cheese cloth which takes some time but it's like a stress ball. I cut veggies and fruits every other day, so I don't have to do so much work on the second morning. I get about four cups of juice and then I drink that and usually I only need a small lunch and then I eat dinner with Brian as we normally do, and then snacks whenever I feel like it, which are mostly bananas and clementines. When I try to eat healthy it's super boring because I hate counting calories and figuring out things like chip portions so i'd rather just be really boring and eat the same things over and over.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm 
WRETCHED

I don't want to jinx myself but I've been going to the gym for every day this past week and prior to that, I was doing some exercise daily. I am at my lowest weight in over a year so there is that :) I got a lot to lose but I think I may have broken a mental barrier I had on a certain number.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've been very sick for the past few weeks and it put my asthma out of control (I'm on meds now that seem to be working). However despite my exercise being curtailed I've kept my eating in check and managed to lose a few pounds and an inch and a half off my waist since mid December. On top of it all I had a bad fall and sprained my wrist badly, which is why until today my ability to type has been very limited to what I can one finger bang out with my non-dominant hand. But other than that I'm doing okay on the weight loss front. Okay now my hand really forking hurts so I'll stop typing for a couple more days - just wanted to check in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I've only lost a couple of kg since I started using Myfitnesspal a month ago, but the other day I had to buy a smaller size running pants, woohoo! Also on Sunday I ran 11km - the furthest I've ever run! Yay.

I'm finding Myfitnesspal so eye opening. I thought I was eating well before, and I was eating fairly healthy food, just way too much of it and my portion sizes were way too big. It's also helping me to drink less - it makes me not want to 'waste' my calories on beer because I know I'll still be hungry afterwards.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:46 pm 
Married to the wolfman

RiotSquirrrrrrrel wrote:

I'm finding Myfitnesspal so eye opening. I thought I was eating well before, and I was eating fairly healthy food, just way too much of it and my portion sizes were way too big. It's also helping me to drink less - it makes me not want to 'waste' my calories on beer because I know I'll still be hungry afterwards.

I'm much the same in that I rarely eat particularly unhealthy food, but if I don't pay attention, I will suck down tons and tons of healthy food. It makes me laugh (an only somewhat bitter laugh) every time I see someone on the internet suggest "oh, just cook all your own food and you'll lose weight." When I started mostly eating my own cooking rather than takeout etc, I gained 35 lbs.

Congrats on your progress by the way! High five on the 11km!

Jean, I hope your wrist is feeling better soon and congrats on your progress as well!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:50 pm 
Married to the wolfman

mrsbadmouth wrote:
When I try to eat healthy it's super boring because I hate counting calories and figuring out things like chip portions so i'd rather just be really boring and eat the same things over and over.

Nothing kills my enthusiasm for tracking food like eating different things all the time. Too much overhead. I have a lot more success when I eat the same stuff over and over, to the point where I pretty much eat one of three possible breakfasts (and one is about 90% of the time) and one of two possible lunches, with roughly identical snacks every day. Tracking a differing dinner is enough work (and enough variety).

Glad you've found a gym thing that's working for you! I am terrified of the elliptical. It looks like it will somehow tear my legs off.

Linanil, high five on your consistent gymming too!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Thanks, coldandsleepy!

linanil wrote:
I don't want to jinx myself but I've been going to the gym for every day this past week and prior to that, I was doing some exercise daily. I am at my lowest weight in over a year so there is that :) I got a lot to lose but I think I may have broken a mental barrier I had on a certain number.

Yay, well done! I think I understand now why people enjoy exercising every day. It's kind of addictive. And I'm getting the best sleep I think I've ever had in my life? I'm out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 145  Next