| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Good job, people!

I had to wear a suit this morning and the only suit I have that is near fitting was purchased 25 pounds ago and I looked absurd like I was wearing my father's suit or something. Seems dumb to buy a new suit at every size, though, you know? I wear a suit maybe twice a year, and only get a day or two notice before the suit wearing is gonna happen.

Not sure what to do about it, might see if the tailor can take it in, but it's a little complicated with the jacket and the legs of the pants and everything.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:02 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

Ariann, I think it depends on what the suit is for. Job interview or important business meeting? Buy a new one. If it's a family function, wedding, etc. go ahead and work with what you got.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm totally loving my work pants not giving me chronic wedgey and camel toe difficulties. It feels good to have some room for the air to flow down there these days. I can definitely notice visible change when I'm in my birthday suit also.

It's definitely giving me a lovely pick me up and it's reassuring to know that soon I will be at my target. I could go another few pounds to get to a 22 BMI but I'm not all that pushed about the last few pounds at all. Hopefully after this weekend I will be able to go to maintenance levels.

Although... it is my birthday next week so I may be back to the loss plan the week after it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:55 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Ariann, I think it depends on what the suit is for. Job interview or important business meeting? Buy a new one. If it's a family function, wedding, etc. go ahead and work with what you got.

I would never in a million years wear a suit to a family function. :) I'd barely wear one to an interview and never to a meeting (wore jeans to a meeting last night!). It's for conducting funerals, which I wind up doing a couple times a year only at this point, and of course I don't know when one's coming in advance. I feel like I should work really hard to lose one more size and then buy another suit that should last me another 20 pounds, and then I'll be down to my pre-baby size and half several suits in that size.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:23 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks to the electricity going and throwing my diet right off I lost half lb this week so still have another half a lb to get to my target.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:05 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I can fit into my jeans now but Im confused about the weightloss... it looked like I lost 5 pounds but today it was back to the start :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:56 pm 
Semen Strong

I've had such a hard time getting back on track that I ended up getting a hypnosis session, and now its surprisingly easy. I'd been tracking calories for a few weeks and was just getting so discouraged, because I would eat so many calories and be over on fat and calories and under on protein. Since doing the hypnosis a week ago, I'm always exactly at the right place in tracking, and its effortless.

I never put much stock in hypnosis, but I'm pretty impressed so far!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 pm 
Tofu Pup

Just got off a medication that made me gain almost twenty pounds in 3 1/2 months, so I'm really more motivated to start to lose weight instead of be discouraged that nothing will help. Tomorrow I'm heading to a "Body Pump" class in the morning and then in the evening I am heading for a run with a friend. I also am going to start tracking my calories so I stay where I need to be. I'm sending all my good vibes out towards everyone else trying to lose weight!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Tofulish--that's really cool that it is working for you. I'd briefly entertained the idea of hypnosis for a different issue I have trouble with. But, like you, never really put much stock into it. How did you go about finding a reputable hypnotist?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:26 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm on a work-cation and was pleasantly surprised to find I'm still eating well despite traveling. Yesterday I hit all my macros and tracked everything I ate!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:31 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Nebraskalaska wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
Even though the video is only 30 minutes, it never stops and I can actually flex my arms and see a bump, which has never happened before. heh. I can totally feel more muscles happening and i'm only in the second week. It's pretty cool.

Isn't it awesome!? I've had a little bit of a bicep for the past year or so, but I started doing a 21-day power yoga challenge to and can see a lot more definition in my arms. It's badass!

What yoga program have you been using?
I'm doing "the ultimate yogi program" and it's great, but I've been doing it for so long that I need a new yoga dvd. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:30 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Datura wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
Even though the video is only 30 minutes, it never stops and I can actually flex my arms and see a bump, which has never happened before. heh. I can totally feel more muscles happening and i'm only in the second week. It's pretty cool.

Isn't it awesome!? I've had a little bit of a bicep for the past year or so, but I started doing a 21-day power yoga challenge to and can see a lot more definition in my arms. It's badass!

What yoga program have you been using?
I'm doing "the ultimate yogi program" and it's great, but I've been doing it for so long that I need a new yoga dvd. Thanks!

I did Sadie Nardini's 21 Day Yoga Body program. I liked it. I gained so much core strength in such a short period of time.

Question: When I should up my calories? I think I'm close to my healthy BMI and have my calorie goal set to lose a pound a week. I would like to lose 10 to 20 more pounds after hitting my normal BMI. Should I shoot for .5 pounds a week or is sticking with a pound a week okay? I eat 1850 a day right now and I feel absolutely no deprivation with this calorie intake.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:37 pm 
***LIES!!!***

My vote is if it's not broken, don't fix it. Your weight loss will slow down as you get smaller anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:09 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I ran my first 10km race today! I can't wait for my next 10km in March and my first half marathon in June! I kind of can't believe I'm writing that, considering how much I used to hate running.

Weighed myself today and I've lost 6kg in 6 weeks, woohoo! I'm feeling so great, fitness wise. Myfitnesspal has been so useful, I don't think I could have lost it without it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:10 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Wino wrote:
Just got off a medication that made me gain almost twenty pounds in 3 1/2 months, so I'm really more motivated to start to lose weight instead of be discouraged that nothing will help. Tomorrow I'm heading to a "Body Pump" class in the morning and then in the evening I am heading for a run with a friend. I also am going to start tracking my calories so I stay where I need to be. I'm sending all my good vibes out towards everyone else trying to lose weight!

Good luck, you can do it! Body pump classes are so much fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:01 am 
Semen Strong

tofucheez wrote:
Tofulish--that's really cool that it is working for you. I'd briefly entertained the idea of hypnosis for a different issue I have trouble with. But, like you, never really put much stock into it. How did you go about finding a reputable hypnotist?

Well, for any practitioner, I just ask friends and get recommendations. Here though, my partner has been taking hypnosis classes and I let him practice on me :) I honestly wasn't convinced but figured it was worth a shot. And now its just all coming together seamlessly without struggle, which is amazing.

I was able to get within 10lbs of my goal weight last year and then just got sidetracked by life and gained about 15lbs back, which was making me unhappy, but I couldn't get back on track to lose the weight. I would go back to tracking for a few days and then have a huge craving for sweets and watching what I ate felt like deprivation and when I would track, I'd be eating a ton of carbs and fat but not enough protein. After hypnosis, its just been easy - I find myself wanting healthy options and able to tune in better to my body, instead of emotionally eating. I track what I ate at the end of the day, mostly to see how I'm doing and I'm doing great calorie and macro nutrient wise, which is great. I have no idea how long this will last, but its been easy, and I feel great, so that is a good thing! Its been nearly 2 weeks so far :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:12 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm pretty excited, the next 'decade' number was alluding me but I saw it this morning. I have now lost 30ish lbs since the beginning of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yessss! Back within my target range. Absolutely thrilled. Going to behave for the next week then start increasing my calorie intake to maintain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 pm 
WRETCHED

yay daisychain!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:03 pm 
***LIES!!!***

linanil wrote:
I'm pretty excited, the next 'decade' number was alluding me but I saw it this morning. I have now lost 30ish lbs since the beginning of the year.

Wow! That's huge for not even two months.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It's so rewarding to see the numbers changing. I needed some encouragement so I checked my progress--I've lost 1" from my waist, 2" from my hips, and 13 lb overall. I can fit back into my interview clothes. The only problem now is that my jeans are too baggy and I have no desire to go get a new pair. I will just deal with saggy butt. I heard that happens to vegans anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I was so proud of myself today because I planned all active leisure time, no sitting around. I walked with my daughter in the woods for an hour, then took her swimming, then worked out at the gym for another hour, all good stuff. Then of course I delayed lunch a bit because I didn't have time to pack food for myself when we went out and I came home insanely ravenous from the gym, ate the food I was supposed to eat, and then ate like three more meals, all comprised of 100% stuff I'm not supposed to eat. And then I had a bowl of raw cookie dough. Argh. Now i feel sick, but still hungry! In other news, I gained back a couple pounds over January, but have since lost them and five more.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:50 pm 
***LIES!!!***

P.s. there are some crazy built women at my gym. Would it be totally weird to go up to them and ask them about their workouts? Because I really want to be them when I grow up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:55 pm 
Semen Strong

I once went up to this woman who looked amazing and talked to her. She came up to me a few months later and said it had given her the confidence to apply for a contest to be a fitness model and she had won! So I say go ask!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:36 am 
WRETCHED

The gym I've joined has a mix of people, it is a tiny gym though. This one lady, who is super athletic, told me good job last week after my workout. I often feel uncomfortable with people commenting but I think the gym overall tries to be really supportive.

I didn't report back but last week, I went to a weight loss retreat of sorts that practiced mindful eating/exercising. They don't encourage calorie counting or weighing (which i fail at). I think it has helped me a lot and as a result, I'm not calorie counting, I'm just eating based on my hunger which is somewhat difficult for me but I'm working at it.

While at the retreat, I did a ton of exercise including snowshoeing. Snowshoeing was a blast. They also encourage the plate model for eating as a base to work with so 1/4th starchy carbs, 1/4th protein source and 1/2 non-starchy vegetables. Fats are mixed in there. They actually served a bunch of vegetarian meals and included beans in most of their meals for the meat eaters. My vegan meals were pretty good and I had a good mix of legumes (lentils and beans), tempeh and tofu. They seemed a bit challenged by vegan snacks and breakfast although one morning, the cook came up to me excitedly and told me she had vegan french toast for me and I can tell you that I was pretty happy with that. Mostly for breakfast, I had either toast and almond butter or oatmeal and almond butter with maybe a piece of fruit. For snacks, I had either fruit and nuts or fruit and soy milk.

So I am definitely trying to eat mindfully, pay attention to my hunger cues as well as exercise daily. One thing I liked at the retreat was morning exercise, which isn't strenuous, but something just to wake you up. They liked tai chi or tai chi moves mixed into a workout. I haven't been doing it every morning but I have been trying to integrate that into my daily routine. They also insist on getting enough sleep which is something I have been trying to make sure I do.

I also wear a fitbit force and although at the retreat, I was getting 15k steps per day, at home, I still struggle to get my 7k. I do make sure I get at least 7k each day but I tend to get a bit more. I think making sure I get a minimum amount of steps helps me gauge my activity levels and ensures that I'm just not sitting all day long.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 145  Next