| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flatulence
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:09 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I was just eating a mint and I farted and my fart smelled like mint!
Has this happened to anyone else? How freaking awesome is that? It makes me want to eat mints more.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:43 pm 
Naked Under Apron

choirqueer wrote:
Has this happened to anyone else? How freaking awesome is that? It makes me want to eat mints more.

Yeah... that's never happened to me more, but it kinda makes me want to eat more mints. What kind were you eating, or was it an actual mint leaf?

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:43 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

choirqueer wrote:
How freaking awesome is that? It makes me want to eat mints more.

Seriously!! I'm going to try eating some mints!!

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:48 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i think i need to eat some mints. i just unleashed a cloud that made me gasp out loud in shock and horror. it smelled like long-dead things.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 am 
Tofu Pup

AutumnLeaves wrote:

What gives you gas, and what do you do about it?

Being vegan gives me gas and so I fart. Simple as that.

However, coffee; tofu; and dehydrated, nitrite-laden onion and garlic take it to the level of party trick. (Especially the onion and garlic as they are so unbelievably noxious.) I indulge my love of coffee and tofu in moderation and avoid dehydrated onions and garlic at all costs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:30 am 
Naked Under Apron

My first fart of the 2011 was at 12:27AM CST... and this is my first PPK post of the new year. Lovely.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:03 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Maybe i need to give probiotics a try... or mints :)

All my favourite foods makes me fart like crazy, so I reckon there's not a lot I can do. Especially the brassicas; brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower. and GARLIC! jez, don't even get me started on garlic - esp raw. It hurts so bad for hours after i've had it, and then i fart these terrible, huge, stinky farts... :(
and chickpeas too.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:16 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I know this thread has been napping for a while, but I'm extra stinky so I thought I would add a bit extra.

acr wrote:
i think i need to eat some mints. i just unleashed a cloud that made me gasp out loud in shock and horror. it smelled like long-dead things.

This. When I was at work recently I was walking with a senior co-worker and I let off a super-killer fart that was so bad it didn't even smell like a fart. She made a horrible face and said, "What is that SMELL?" and I just made a quizzical face and said, "I don't know, maybe there is a cracked pipe somewhere?" and then we moved on to another area and the air conditioning cleaned up behind me.

I have decided I need to try making hummus out of tinned beans rather than slow-cooked chickpeas, as this could hopefully decrease the fartiness. Otherwise I may have to address my chickpea addiction. I have been eating beans three meals a day for the past few days. This could be it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

FlowersInYourHair wrote:
I know this thread has been napping for a while, but I'm extra stinky so I thought I would add a bit extra.

acr wrote:

This. When I was at work recently I was walking with a senior co-worker and I let off a super-killer fart that was so bad it didn't even smell like a fart. She made a horrible face and said, "What is that SMELL?" and I just made a quizzical face and said, "I don't know, maybe there is a cracked pipe somewhere?" and then we moved on to another area and the air conditioning cleaned up behind me.

I have decided I need to try making hummus out of tinned beans rather than slow-cooked chickpeas, as this could hopefully decrease the fartiness. Otherwise I may have to address my chickpea addiction. I have been eating beans three meals a day for the past few days. This could be it.

Have you tried taking digestive enzymes before eating beans? Natures Plus makes a vegan one called Yes To Beans. That helps me, along with taking probiotics.

bird noises | book of faces

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:29 pm 

That is a good idea. I'll have to look into getting it sent to Australia. The site says they can post.

ETA: I just ordered some (shipping to Australia was decent) as well as some multivitamins and DHA (both vegan) because the price was good. It will be interesting to see if it works.

Thank-you for your help!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm 
Chip Strong

FlowersInYourHair wrote:

acr wrote:

I farted today and a moment later my flatmate walked in. She said 'Ugh, you can smell that (water leaking up through the floor when it rains) now we have the dehumidifier off'.
I didn't enlighten her.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 pm 

Good move. Sharing would not have helped anybody.

I have switched to making hummus with tinned cannellini beans and this seems to have helped a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

resurrecting this thread because i just realized that raw cashews give me really bad gas. this makes me sad because i love making creamy sauces w/ raw cashews. well, i still will, but i won't let myself if i have to be in close proximity of other people in the near future.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

http://www.ifc.com/portlandia/videos/po ... fart-patio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

choirqueer wrote:

That's happened to me before, but of course it also means that when I eat a lot of hot sauce my farts smell (and feel) like hot sauce. :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've had peanut butter farts! I went through a phase where I ate so many dates with peanut butter. It sort of ruined peanut butter for me for a while...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm 

I feel like a lot of my flatulence revolves around Field Roast sausages. They give me such horrible farts that kind of smell like Field Roast sausages. At least it's consistent I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm 
Impressive boner

choirqueer wrote:

Mr8 often smells of mint because he takes peppermint oil for IBS. He's gassy but he's minty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Field Roast definitely gives me the farts. I don't eat them all the time, but when I do, hooooooboy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:33 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Soy milk, but it also gives it this weird copper smell that makes me panic that I'm going into a flare (IBD). I should ask one of the nurses at the dr's office about it one day since I really like soy milk and I've been avoiding it for this reason.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 pm 
Semen Strong

My baby farts all the time. I worry that its because she eats so many beans and cruciferous veggies. Its crazy cute, and hilarious. She sticks her legs in the air and wiggles.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

You know what's the best? When a dog barks at its own fart.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:06 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Limone wrote:
You know what's the best? When a dog barks at its own fart.

haha my uncle's dog does this! It is the cutest thing ever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I feel like literally everything makes me fart. Besides maybe like rice. I've kind of just had to accept it. I'm just glad my manfriend is not a light sleeper.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:31 pm 

Aw! Wilson used to stay up watching TV while I slept, and he woke me up once laughing because apparently I was snoring and farting. Sometimes I'd wake myself up farting and look at him, and he'd be like, yep, heard that, and I'd roll over and go back to sleep. Man, I miss that kid.

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next