| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:00 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

What's your menstrual pain like?

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't something more wrong with me... on day one, I get unbelievable pain and everything hurts from my navel to my knees. If it's a work day, I have to call in sick because I just can't function. I take up to 2000mg of Naproxen throughout the day just to survive it. I'm thinking I might have endo.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I have PMS right now. My face is exploding with acne (really embarrassing since I'm in my mid-20s) and I'm craving salty food (which I normally hate).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

LOTS of anxiety since last night and right now everything aches. So I'm being nice to myself today and having as much chocolate as I want (when I typically avoid junky food).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:47 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Super heavy period for 3 weeks now. Emptying my full diva cup 5 times a day or more type of heavy. Shows no signs of stopping. Please make it stop.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:16 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Joyful, that sucks! Is this sort of thing normal for you? (Long, heavy periods, I mean)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:30 am 
Keepin' It Seal

It's not all that rare for me, but it hasn't happened in years. I've been on weight watchers for the past few years and eating right helped keep stuff in check, but I fell off and gained like 20 lbs in the past 6 months and it's back to its old tricks again, so I blame my recent shitty eating habits.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

joyful- That seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

Still PMSing. It's taking all my self control to avoid heading out to buy french fries.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I FEEL HORRIBLE AND CRAMPY.

At least the PMS is gone. I've been feeling teary and swollen for the past few days (being passed up for a job, even though they liked me and *asked me to interview for another open position*, made me start crying in the reading room at school) and now I feel better.

Also: 37 day cycle this time. Body, stop doing that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:54 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I'm on day 5 of my period but feel the worst I have in months and months, I want to stuff bread and pizza in my mouth, feel like everyone hates me and my husband thinks I'm rubbish, keep crying and stomping.

But it's day 5, surely this feeling should be over by now, not just started.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My boobs are sore. It must be that time again.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I feel like bisqueing because cramps hurt and I feel really, really painfully sad today, but, on other hand, for the first time in ages, period hasn't meant I'm falling over dizzy from the iron loss. So the iron infusions have helped a lot. Last month, I had to mostly stay in bed or hang on to things because I'd see black spots and start to pass out if I stood up for long.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Ugh, cramps, nausea, general uncomfortableness. Even the brownie I just ate didn't make me feel better. I hope I can sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I am happy that my period started because I finally got to start taking my new birth control, but holy whoa has this been a painful one. Usually I don't even notice that I PMS, except to get a little furious on the day before, but this past week I have been RAVENOUS (so now I'm totally bloated) and my nipples were so sore and sensitive that I couldn't even accidentally brush them against anything without excruciating pain. And then, when it finally started yesterday (on a 3 hour drive, of course) it's just been constant cramps ever since. I usually have an hour or so of cramps on the first day, and then no more, but I'm still having these awful, constant cramps. I don't know why this period is so different than my usual ones, but it forking sucks.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Apparently my body doesn't like me skipping my period for 3 months, doing back-to-back Nuvaring. I'm having a breakthrough period right now and it sucks! I had almost finished 3 months, too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I hate the water weight gain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Still heavy bleeding. Usually I have one heavy day, 3 days total. This is day 4 of moderately heavy.

For fork sake, body, can I please keep some of this iron I had pumped in at great expense and inconvenience?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:51 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

26 days is better than the 21-22 I'd been having between cycles. . . But we finally have sun, and I feel like crepe because of the cramps and blood action, so I can't even enjoy it. Body, who taught these cramps? Bad trick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lutin wrote:
26 days is better than the 21-22 I'd been having between cycles. . . But we finally have sun, and I feel like crepe because of the cramps and blood action, so I can't even enjoy it. Body, who taught these cramps? Bad trick.

Or such nausea! Body, what the fizzle is this shiitake.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've been having my period for a week now. It's very light so not that big a deal, but my Sad Emotions are getting the better of me today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

So.much.pain I had to stay home from work today. I've been taking 4 Advil every 6 hrs, which is the max dose, and it's not doing anything. After 10 straight hours of wicked pain I'm breaking down into tears.

My mom said in the 70s she had a friend from Italy give her some herbal liquor (fernet branca, I think?) that was rumored to ease cramping and that it worked really well. Sounds a bit like snake oil to me (or it could just be that it's 45% alcohol!!) but I saw they sell it at bevmo and I'm getting desperate. For now I'm just going to try a shot of whatever booze I've got in my pantry and see if it helps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Wow, so I had 2 shots of ape brandy and I'm completely cramp free!! I feel like singing.

I'm irritated though because I swear every time I have cramps my husband "needs" me to do something and then gets pouty and passive aggressive when I say I feel too bad to help. Once he wanted help making a super simple dinner (like the only time he ever cooked -- I *always* make dinner, by myself!), another time it was help with laundry (again, something I frequently do on my own) and tonigh he wants me to help him make kebabs for a bachelor party he's hosting tomorrow. I am usually super helpful and love to lend a hand, so why is it there's no empathy the 2 or 3 times I've felt truly too awful to get off the couch?? He has said to me several times how he is too tired, too sick, or too busy to help me with stuff. Anyway, I'm totally going to help him tonight because he guilt tripped me about how he stayed home from work on Wed to help me prepare for a work function. I don't know how to tell him he's being really disrespectful and unkind...I'm very non confrontational.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:02 am 
Married to the wolfman

Coming into what will likely be the busiest, most stressful week of my entire semester.... You know what I could really use right now? A horrible period! YAY!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

It came one day too early, but at least I'm not in pain, and I hope that means it ends earlier, too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:52 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I've been munchie to the max and just want to eat everything in sight. I take my ring out today so yay, in two days I'll be crazy and cranky, bloating and peeing every 20 minutes...just in time for state testing at school!
In June I get an IUD hopefully. Maybe that will make it betters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was super sore yesterday, today is not too bad but I feel really average mood-wise. And I want ALL THE CARBS!

couroupita wrote:
I'm irritated though because I swear every time I have cramps my husband "needs" me to do something and then gets pouty and passive aggressive when I say I feel too bad to help. Once he wanted help making a super simple dinner (like the only time he ever cooked -- I *always* make dinner, by myself!), another time it was help with laundry (again, something I frequently do on my own) and tonigh he wants me to help him make kebabs for a bachelor party he's hosting tomorrow. I am usually super helpful and love to lend a hand, so why is it there's no empathy the 2 or 3 times I've felt truly too awful to get off the couch?? He has said to me several times how he is too tired, too sick, or too busy to help me with stuff. Anyway, I'm totally going to help him tonight because he guilt tripped me about how he stayed home from work on Wed to help me prepare for a work function. I don't know how to tell him he's being really disrespectful and unkind...I'm very non confrontational.

:( Poor thing

Reply to topic  [ 1683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 68  Next