| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Now that my period finally came, it's here with a vengeance. I haven't had cramps this bad in years, my back hurts, and I have a headache that no amount of painkillers has been able to get rid of. I feel like I'm stumbling around in a haze today andthe prospect of getting through the next 7 hours of work is just painful. So yeah, I'm a walking period stereotype today. TGIF, I'm spending every second of tomorrow curled up on the couch watching questionable television.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

2 days later than expected. Cramping like crazy cakes. Kid wants to go to the pool. Sigh.

amanda feel better soon!! back to the vmars marathon?

jessilikewhoa wrote:
The period tracker app on my phone says I'm not due to start for another 7 days, and I tend to have a perfect 28 day cycle, but oh my god my boobs hurt so freakin bad today. Like the worst boob pain I've ever had. I keep half-assedly massaging them but it isn't helping.

ooh which tracker? I have P Tracker and I love it - I even paid for the unfree version.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:51 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yes! VMars marathon is ON tomorrow. All day, all night. I hope you feel better! Put something fuzzy and warm on your stomach, like a cat.

I use P Tracker too! No complaints.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

INCREDIBLE joint pain in my hips, lower back and shoulders. I can't get comfortable. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Owwww.

Anyone else get really painful legs around their period? Mine always ache and feel heavy at that time of month.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

vixki wrote:
Owwww.

Anyone else get really painful legs around their period? Mine always ache and feel heavy at that time of month.

YES. Experiencing that now. Mainly around hip joints, but sometimes extends into knees and ankles. I keep twisting my ankle trying to stretch it out and make it feel better. Same with hips. Nothing works!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:57 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Have a wedding tomorrow and guess what's creeping up on me? yea. I always get super bloated in my belly right before I get it, then when it's finally here, my belly flattens back out. It's like I could bloat and have my period at the same time, but it likes to go one, and then the other, so the whole uncomfortable feeling icky feeling just lasts longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 pm 
Chard Martyr

paprikapapaya wrote:
Does anyone else get horribly horny right after their period? ...I'm ravenous and predatory. I was getting all flustered at the gym today, instead of focusing on my reps I was focusing on how many sweaty dudes I want to bone at once. It's distracting!
YES! I really noticed it this past week. I'm so damn distracted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:
ooh which tracker? I have P Tracker and I love it - I even paid for the unfree version.

I have the free version of P Tracker, and it's awesome. I used to just keep track on my wall calendar, but I never put up a calendar for 2013, plus I had a theory that I was a bottomless pit of hunger and rage during ovulation, and wanted to be able to check and see. My theory was correct.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:30 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

vixki wrote:

YES. My knees get stiff and my calves feel really achy and heavy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 pm 

vixki wrote:
Owwww.

Yes. My thighs were twingey earlier and my calves feel extra tight.

I accidentally missed an ibuprofen dose and spent like 3 hours in horrible pain. BAD ME.

Just bought chips (these whole grain things) and ice cream.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My period's supposed to start today and someone just pissed me off. WRONG MOVE, crasshole. :D

Oh, I'm also eating all the things. I stocked up on cookies, chips, and booze. BRING IT.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am 

my chips aren't salty enough, so i'll just eat a lot of them

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I missed a period then had a really light one, now I have the next period and, like amandabear, it's been the worst for many years. I was so unwell yesterday and not great today either. So annoying after a good few months of barely any pain at all. I never normally get backache but last night it was bad.

My periods have definitely changed over the years (I never used to get tired, never used to get ravenous a few days before). I hope this is a blip and not what I can now expect every month.

I've never suffered with mood swings thank gawd - I'm just a biatch generally, not cyclically - and I really hope I never do with periods or the menopause, which I'm sure is not hugely far away for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

vixki wrote:
Owwww.

I get that too! Except it's actually more in my labia and upper inner thighs. Really unpleasant. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:21 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I am going to be on a coach for 20 hours next time I'm due on, what the hell am I supposed to do?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I hate the cramping/poo-fest that comes with my period. I don't know about any of you, but when my period starts, the back-door gates magically open also. Meh. Yesterday was one of my days with my personal trainer and I got there ten minutes early and the second I walked through the door I got the rumblings. Then when I finally could drag myself off the porcelain throne I had worried my trainer out since she didn't see me running beforehand and I'm always there early. I just went with her assumption that I showed up a little bit late.... =( I hate my period.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

pms is making me weepy. One of my friends has a post on fb about it being the anniversary of when she had to put her dog to sleep, and I want to write something nice, but every time I try, I just start sobbing. She posted it this morning, and I was crying at work in the kennel because I kept thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:32 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Craaaaaaaaaamps.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:39 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I haven't had a natural (i.e. not purposely started by drugs - I have PCOS) period in years and then last month one just randomly started and I am now on my second "real" period and it is kicking my asparagus. I was supposed to be starting P90X today but instead I am just struggling to stay awake and avoid my cravings for all of the food!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

This month's major PMS symptom was insomnia. I just can't function on less than eight hours of sleep without a nap, but Saturday and Sunday night I slept about five hours with no naps. Last night, I started to get my period and slept about another five hours, waking up multiple times. They put New Girl on Netflix and when Brian went back to work after lunch, he came in as I was crying through the scene where they're doing a slow motion chicken dance to the Phil Colin's version of Groovy Kind of Love.

I finally fell asleep watching Buffy, i've showered, and I feel vaguely human.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:43 pm 
Chard Martyr

PMS sucks. Moodiness sucks. Having ZERO patience sucks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 am 

mbm, insomnia! that sucks. my cramps will wake me up sometimes, but once i curl up into a ball i can usually go back to sleep.

saw a new gyn yesterday - he was super nice and spent a bunch of time talking to me - answering questions and describing how things work. he might be my best gyn yet!

anyway we were talking about my heavy flow and cramping, and he told me about this pill called lysteda that lessons pain and flow, but it's 2 pills a day for the first 5 days of every cycle. whoa. apparently i can take up to 2400mg of ibuprofen a day (12 regular pills) so i'll probably just stick with that. we talked about other stuff, but i can't even remember it all right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:54 am 
Married to the wolfman

Glad you found someone who is listening to you appi!

High dosages of ibuprofen make a big difference for me. I usually take 800mg 3 times a day (so yeah, 2400) during the heaviest day or two of my period, which means I am only overflowing my cup every two hours instead of every one hour. And my cramps aren't debilitating. Success!

I actually came here to post about how I saw someone elsewhere on the internet advising a woman with heavy periods to switch from tampons to a diva cup because "it holds so much, you'll never fill it, it's just like you don't have your period even on your heaviest days!" and I laughed so forking hard because that is so not my experience. (Though I love my cup to death. It's my ute that's the problem.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fo' real. It's just that I only have to empty my cup every 3 or 4 hours instead of changing my (super) tampon every 1 hour.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 70  Next