| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:04 am 
WRETCHED

Omg, I gotta complain to someone. I had a heavy day yesterday and night and I had a car appt this morning. For various reasons, I've temporarily gone off the cup and so I'm using tampons. I used a super plus one this morning and I bled through it in a little over an hour. I was at the car dealership when I realized this. I almost didn't bring a spare because usually a super (not even super plus) last me 6 hours or so. I don't have a second spare but my car should be done shortly. Pretty much this is bullshiitake.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm usually pretty regular, maybe 2 days out one way or the other, so I booked a holiday about 3 months ago and thought I'd made sure I'd be over my period by the time I was due to go away. Then I was 5 days late last month (but super PMS-y at the usual time and all through while I was waiting) and didn't regulate back for this month, now I've no idea when this month's will show but I'm due to go on holiday pretty soon, so probably then. Very annoying!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:05 am 
Impressive boner

Worst period this year.

3 days late, icky bloated hot feeling, anxiety, poor sleep and to top it all off - BV. Red brown water that smells like something died. I had to set alarms every two hours through the night to check on myself and assure Mr8 that I wasn't dying of toxic shock. And I've lost my cup!! I used wadded up toilet paper this morning and had bled through by the time I got home from the doctors, smelling like a dog who'd been rolling around in sheep poo and dead frogs. Now I'm on metronidazole and my stomach will be really unhappy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:30 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I hope the metronidazole doesn't bother you too much 8ball. I had a course of it in the spring, along with another antibiotic and was surprisingly fine on it.

Perimenopausal periods when you've stopped the pill are not fun. When I did sleep I had weird dreams, got up in full flow this morning and had to use stick on heat pads on my stomach and back, along with co-codamol. I went shopping when hungry and bought all the sweet things! I was no sooner in the car when I was huffing a large ginger cookie in my face, followed by half a (large) bag of sesame covered peanuts. I was like something possessed, I couldn't get the bag open at one point and nearly panicked.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:27 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

You know those cramps that you feel throughout your whole body? The ones that make your legs go weak, make you feel almost feverish, and make you want to rip your ovaries out with your bare hands? Yeah, that's how my day is going.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Me too, zelavie. I had to go shopping and I was quite worried my legs would wobble out from under me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Lol, I've been bleeding for 40 days straight. I'm covered in bruises, I wonder if my iron levels are low? I haven't been bleeding nearly as heavy as I was though, so that's a bonus. At some point I'll need to go back to the GP and if he tells me again that it's 'probably nothing' I will smear the walls of his office with my used sanitary towels.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Clue just reminded me that mine is tomorrow... blah.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:06 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

And there it is. Did anyone else back padkix on kickstarter? despite the sizing and kinda cheap design (and the price tag) they are pretty comfortable but I dunno how well they would stand up to free flow.

Managed to get my diva cup back in and I might test them out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

What with the PPK "closing" and all I realised I never updated this thread on all my period woes. I didn't feel like starting a brand new reddit for it.

I saw a really nice doctor in November who 100% believed me and even said "wow you've had a rough time of it haven't you" which meant THE WORLD to me, because it's the first time a doctor has ever acknowledged I was suffering. He took the Mirena off the table for now, because he thinks due to my symptoms and the small amounts of endometriosis they found in my surgery, I have something called adenomyosis. My understanding is that this is endometriosis in the muscles of the uterus - basically dodgy tissue working it's way through the uterus walls and causing mayhem. Honestly, I fit all the symptoms exactly and it would explain a lot. He has referred me for an MRI as that's the only way to diagnose it, I should get that sometime this month.

However he said if I do have it he would recommend a hysterectomy as it's the only real cure and without one it'll just keep getting worse. He said if I have it it probably will affect my fertility, I may not ever be able to have kids, but if it's mild enough that I can, he'd advise me having kids ASAP and then getting it removed. Well this was all a bit of a shock to me as having gone from, one year ago, being told "there's nothing wrong lol people get period pains" to "you have to have kids soon and then a hysterectomy" is a bit of a big leap. I'm still in a bit of a whirl about it all but trying to not plan too far ahead until I have my MRI. For all I know I might not have it at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh shiitake, that's some potentially heavy stuff, vixki! I hope the MRI goes well for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85