| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:37 am 
WRETCHED

There is a monster trying to tunnel its way out through my back I think... The cramps are just so not good.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I almost went to hospital the other night because the pain was so bad. I don't remember it ever being that bad before and my husband says I got a little delirious.

On the plus side my period now seems to last just 3 days or so. Like someone turns on a tap on day one then turns it off a couple days later. I can't do anything in those two days because I have to use the bathroom every half an hour, but I guess it's better than an eight day period? I don't know.

Still waiting for the laparoscopy for endometriosis. No idea how far in advance they'll notify me. 99% sure they'll schedule it on my final week at uni or some equally busy time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Vixki, that's awful :( I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.

Finished my last 24 day bleed just under a week ago, started bleeding again a couple of days ago. So I've had like a 3 or 4 day break this month. Ugh.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:40 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Had hardly any sleep last night/this morning from having to change my towel almost every hour. I have to go to work now and all I want is sleep. Hold me.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh Rosie, that sounds awful! I hope it let's up a bit for you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:37 am 
And you never will.

I don't know why my body has started this thing where I get debilitating cramps on day 3 of my period (in addition to the ones I've always had leading up to my period), but it can stop anytime now, thanks. Also, I have a period migraine today. And somehow a combination of constipation AND the shiitakes, which I would be almost impressed with if it wasn't the absolute worst.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:13 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I just started weeping because "He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother" by The Hollies came on the radio, so PMS-moved was I.

At least it's not the Osmond brother's version. That would be REALLY embarrassing.

It's like sad violins setting me off or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:51 pm 
Dead by dawn

I rarely have anything much to bisque about but I would feel a lot better about my period if it would kindly stop showing up every 15-18 days. They are light and short so it's like half a period every half cycle. I am 46 so I guess my body is trying to get in some bonus periods before they stop?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:11 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

monkeytoes wrote:
I rarely have anything much to bisque about but I would feel a lot better about my period if it would kindly stop showing up every 15-18 days. They are light and short so it's like half a period every half cycle. I am 46 so I guess my body is trying to get in some bonus periods before they stop?

I'm 48 and this has been going on for me for a couple of years now with the shorter duration between and more frequent periods. Argh!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:00 pm 
Dead by dawn

seitanicverses wrote:
...for a couple of years...

Argh! is right. I hope it doesn't decide to do this until it gives up completely!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:14 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Sorry I keep dumping stuff here, I have no one to talk to about this in real life.

So the ultra sound showed my ovaries were fine but I have a thickened womb lining, for which they have to get a sample of. So yay, more referrals. I just want the bleeding to stop! My breasts are sore, my legs and arms hurt when I move and my lower back pain is so intense I can't walk more than a few metres. I'm so tired all the time and just so fed up of all the blood, having to change my underwear in the middle of the night, soaking through night towels in an hour. Woe is me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:26 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I got my period on my plane from San Francisco to Berlin. That was... not fun. The last 3 times or so (also this one) my period is so strong and there is so much blood for 7-10 days straight. I hate the way I smell when I'm on my period (normally I don't smell like anything even when I sweat), the way I start sweating and my face flushes for no reason at all. My joints hurt and my knees are just the worst. And this dumb period headache.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:48 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Seems my pain is spreading throughout my body. Been having really bad upper stomach pain/tenderness these last couple of period days. Last month I had it too but to a lesser extent.

I think I am going to have to go back to the GP and ask for more help. I doubt they will do anything because I'm on the waiting list for the laparoscopy but I need help in the meantime. I missed a vital uni class today because I was crying in pain.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Do you know how long you have to wait for the laparoscopy? Could your GP prescribe you some pain relief in the meantime?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

They said maybe May-June time, but I did request not May because of my uni stuff so hopefully that didn't put them off.

In the past my GP has been reluctant to prescribe painkillers until I have a diagnosis but I am going to have to be strong with them because it's unbearable these days :/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Soo they rang up today saying they've made an appointment for me on the 11th May. Just over two weeks :O. Apparently if I don't take that one it could be months before they can fit me in, so I guess I'm going for that...

I have an assignment due on the 5th and then the big final end-of-degree assignment due on the 26th so hopefully I'll have enough time to get it all done. The leaflet I got says someone has to be with me for 24h but hopefully it's ok if not because my husband has exam leave shortly after and doesn't have time for more time off.

Still 99% expecting them to do the procedure and then say "theres' nothing wrong with you" though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:09 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Guuuuuh my cervix likes to move around! So there's never any way of knowing how to position my diva cup and it's usually only effective two or three times a year. Last month it was so perfect, it was like I didn't even need a pad at all. This time around it's like HOW DOES BLOOD GET EVERYWHERE BUT INSIDE how does it even GO AROUND something that's blocking the entire exit out of my body?! Ugh it was so obviously a non-menstruating person who came up with the idiotic concept of "intelligent design." There is NOTHING intelligent about menstruation, NOTHING.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:59 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

double post

Last edited by Rosie on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

vixki wrote:
Soo they rang up today saying they've made an appointment for me on the 11th May. Just over two weeks :O. Apparently if I don't take that one it could be months before they can fit me in, so I guess I'm going for that...

Still 99% expecting them to do the procedure and then say "theres' nothing wrong with you" though.

Oh good, not too long to wait now. Hope you get some answers.

I am on day 26 of bleeding now and have come to the conclusion I have a womb of doom.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thanks Rosie! 26 days, I feel sorry for you! Are you getting anywhere with the docs?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:36 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My GP phoned today to tell me to come in to discuss my options so we'll take it from there really. He did say at my last appointment if it continued, which it has, to refer me to a gyn but he mentioned hormone tablets on the phone so I guess I'll have to choose one or the other? I would like a laparoscopy as I'm worried about fibroids or womb cancer but if he thinks hormones may help then I guess that's what I'll be having. So we shall see.

Did you manage to get any decent painkillers from your doc?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah they tend to want to try pills before anything more invasive. They only agreed to a lap on me because I've been moaning for so long. My aunt had a similar problem though (she bled for 2 months straight) and she says getting the hormonal IUD was a lifesaver.

And no, no painkillers. I rang up to get an appointment, but they apparently have changed, now you have to ring at 8am for an on-the-day appointment, there are no advance bookings. So I rang at 8am but by the time I got through, there were no appointments left...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That's such an arse-backwards system! They tried that in our surgery but it didn't last long (thankfully). I take it otc medicine does nothing to help the pain? Can you use NHS direct in your area?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah they used to have that system for on the day appointments but they did advanced ones too...they just seem to have cut out the advanced ones. And since the surgery is pretty much city centre it covers a huge area so there's always so many people calling!

I take Co codamol but I'm always wary of taking it too often - I can't take NSAIDs because they mess up my stomach, so yeah. I'll wait till I see the doc for the laparoscopy I think now, with it so close I can't see the GP prescribing anything anyway, they're big proponents of "just wait it out"...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah, they like you to wait, huh?

I just woke up soaked in blood, mattress looks like I got stabbed. When is it going to end, argh! 4 bloody weeks and counting. It's not even getting weaker this month. Got damn womb of doom.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next