| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:09 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Rosie, I know this isn't remotely helpful, but if I were in your position, I'd be at my GP telling them to get my uterus the fork out of my body. I wouldn't even want to try medication in your situation.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:16 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

rachell37 wrote:
Rosie, I know this isn't remotely helpful, but if I were in your position, I'd be at my GP telling them to get my uterus the fork out of my body. I wouldn't even want to try medication in your situation.

It has crossed my mind. But the thought of a hysterectomy and hrt sounds worse than what I'm going through right now.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My period...isn't coming properly? I feel periody, you know, crampy, hot flushy, tired etc...and I thought I'd started last night, but I'm just occasionally spotting brown bits. Everyone told me the first period after a laparoscopy would be the worst ever and this is so anticlimactic. I am not sure if I should brace myself for something awful or if this is just it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:45 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I always feel like crepe the first day of my period, and every few months I google "menstruation fatigue" or something similar and read the same damn article that pretty much says it's all in my head and I should just eat better and get more sleep. fork you, article. I got a full 8 hours and had some healthy meals and I still feel shitty.

Anyway I don't know. Having tater tots and a beer for dinner and I know I'll feel 100% better tomorrow. Take that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:07 am 
Impressive boner

I've been premenstrual for about a week - anxious, weepy, tired, bloated - but it still hasn't arrived. Do PMT symptoms get worse as you age?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:42 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Does anyone use period underpants? have any success stories? I backed padkix on kickstarter and they are way small, so I am sending them back for a size up but am not sure hopefully they will be able to contain the flow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:44 am 
Nailed to the V

I use Thinx and love them. I have 4 full coverage pair for moderate-heavy days and two thongs for light days. Highly recommend.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pastabake wrote:
I always feel like crepe the first day of my period, and every few months I google "menstruation fatigue" or something similar and read the same damn article that pretty much says it's all in my head and I should just eat better and get more sleep. fork you, article. I got a full 8 hours and had some healthy meals and I still feel shitty.

I get really bad fatigue a couple of days before my period starts. I feel like I'm completely drained of energy and can barely drag myself out of bed. Also super lightheaded to the point that I have fainted before. I don't think there's any way it's all in my head.

When I was a preteen, I used to get super bad cramps that would cause me to vomit uncontrollably the first day or two of my period. I would have to stay home from school every month and spend the whole day lying in a fetal position on the bathroom floor. My pediatrician's attitude was just like, "Oh well. Periods suck. Take some ibuprofen." (I was already taking twice the recommended otc dose of ibuprofen.) I'm still pretty angry at the attitude that periods can't be *that* bad and you just have to suck it up and "deal with it".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:37 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

vixki wrote:
My period...isn't coming properly? I feel periody, you know, crampy, hot flushy, tired etc...and I thought I'd started last night,

This is me right now. According to clue I am on day 34 of my cycle and nothing.... usually its like a 28 day clock work. I am annoyed because initially the timing was to have it all over by this weekend when I have my second training trip on the train for 48 hours and the 2 day montreal layover. Now it is looking like it will pop at any minute, likely on the bloody train.

Alin wrote:
I use Thinx and love them. I have 4 full coverage pair for moderate-heavy days and two thongs for light days. Highly recommend.

Do you use them solo? or as a back up for things? And are you super heavy? I backed Padkix on kickstarter for way to much $$ with my tax return, they arrived and are too small. So I need to mail them back but just looking at them I am skeptical on being able to use them as protection during the day/work. Maybe overnight if I sleep on a towel cause then who cares.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:09 am 
Nailed to the V

I use them as backup and on their own. I don't have a heavy flow except for one day. I'm not familiar with Padkix but definitely try them out since you invested the money.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:05 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yah I have to mail them back to get a larger size. I was just hoping to get a confirmation from someone at the company that they are still offering exchanges and that we still send them back via regular mail..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

8ball wrote:
I've been premenstrual for about a week - anxious, weepy, tired, bloated - but it still hasn't arrived. Do PMT symptoms get worse as you age?

In my experience, yes. My BFF and I (both roughly 37) have both started this kind of ramping up phase where we feel like we're about to start bleeding for a couple of days before. I've also started spotting midway through my cycle. It's bullshiitake. Oh, and my cramps are worse. The trade off is that it's not as heavy as it used to be. But honestly I'd rather bleed heavily and have lighter cramps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:25 pm 
BAD PASS

I have been the biggest bisque today, and I hope it's PMS and not that I am ACTUALLY this mean/impatient/annoyed by every single thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Had the worst period pains on my run this morning, to the point where I was deciding what I'd say to passers by if they found me lying on the floor crying.

Came home and found no period? What?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:33 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

what the fizzle, it showed up 11 days lates and was not the same as before. Weirdly light bleeding, deceptively light then it would suddenly get heavier then disappear then come back. F you uterus.
I mean, not having leaked thru everything on Day 2 was a big bonus but the rest of it was just weird and unsettling like a game of russian roulette with my clothing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:13 am 
WRETCHED

Cramps bad. I have been having some hip and back pain since my marathon walking in DC days last week. But anyway, I went for a walk this morning and the cramps eased up so that is good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Periods are already a huge PITA, but it's even worse when they aren't regular so you kind of put your life on hold waiting for it to show up and when you finally relax your favorite pair of underwear is ruined. My last four cycles have been 31, 26, 30, and 25 days, respectively. I'm now cruising on day 34 of my current cycle. Uterus, you are the worst, can you just pick a regular appointment and stick to it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:02 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I guess the public humiliation prompted it to show up! I finally got my asparagus in gear and have an OB/GYN appointment for Monday morning to talk about a hormonal IUD. My GP already gave me the go-ahead to get it purely to control/hopefully end my periods altogether (I already have permanent birth control so that function of the IUD would be moot for me), so the only hold up has been my own inertia.

I have to say, remembering in my own lifetime the extremely common experience of medical professionals being dismissive of/downright condescending about period pains and inconveniences, being given full and unhesitating support from my GP to stop having a period because I just don't want to do it anymore warms my feminist cockles.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I love my Mirena - I'll go 2 or 3 months at a time with zero signs of a period ever happening. But then there's that month where my boobs hurt for two weeks straight, I get random cramps that drugs will not ease, and I start crying while watching backstories on American Ninja Warrior. Guess where I am now.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:05 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

My period this cycle:

2 days early when I normally have a longer cycle this time of year (so I was really expecting it a couple of days late). And it didn't start the way it normally does - like it's sneaking up on me and I have plenty of time to realise it's starting. This time it was like "I'm here sorry about your underpants!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:32 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Just watched this Clue video on their work on hormones and etc. with the Kinsey Institute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh24wF743BY
1) Had no idea about population-wide variance in hormone levels. In hindsight, obviously, duh.
2) Prof. V is amazing; I love how she says we need to change XYZ instead of making women grit their teeth and bare it, because, yes, periods are a big deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:02 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Alin wrote:

I'm glad I read this. I'll have to go through a couple of periods without tampons (medical reasons), and was stressing about how to manage it. I haven't had a tampon free period in 30 years! These would also be really useful for pre-menopausal women, when the periods get erratic.

Are they cotton like to wear? My hoohaa doesn't like nylon for any length of time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I need to think about getting something like those because apparently now I'm spotting regularly around day 17/18. This time the "spotting" was so heavy I thought it was day 1 of my cycle and I'd started 10 days early.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:31 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm not sure if I should continue the progesterone or not. It has made my periods really light which is amazing, but I'm still bleeding 90% of the time. Should I push for a gyn to see me or just make do with the progesterone? I feel like it's masking the problem not really addressing my main concern, which was super long periods. I don't know what to do.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:38 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Rosie 100% push to see a gyno. Yeah light periods are cool but you shouldn't need to settle for just part of the problem being fixed. When you have a major problem it's easy to see even a slight improvement as a fix, but if you were completely healthy you'd be unhappy with how you are now, right? There's no harm in seeing one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next